xEdit SSEMerged Patch?

Kattmandu

After completing the Step Guide, if I add more mods, such as Torch Arrows and Bolts (which apparently has a leveled list), should I disable all patches, create a merged patch using xEdit, and then re-enable the patches?  If so, how do I get around the following error?

"Only 253 masters could be added. Master list now contains 253 entries and is full."

Edited by Kattmandu

Load all plugins(including Step patches), and look at Torch Arrows and Bolts in xEdit to see what it conflicts with and forward changes you want into your own patch.

You will need to merge some things (like patches) if you are hitting the plugin limit. Do it manually though and then disable plugins that you merge.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Load all plugins(including Step patches), and look at Torch Arrows and Bolts in xEdit to see what it conflicts with and forward changes you want into your own patch.

You will need to merge some things (like patches) if you are hitting the plugin limit. Do it manually though and then disable plugins that you merge.

Do I just drag the Torch Arrows and Bolts record over onto the mod to the right?

image.thumb.png.0c4b729782ec5d58ee3e01c721c4c55b.png

I'm a bit confused on this one.  Ambiance has this record as SolitudeInteriorShops while all the other mods have it as SolitudeInteriors.  Before I added the Torch Arrows mod, Ambiance was the winning mod for that record.  Should I forward SolitudeInteriorShops into my patch or SolitudeInteriors?

image.thumb.png.b9ee6f228613dfba4a06699cbddec2a6.png

Edited by Kattmandu

For this one, I'd use the SolitudeInteriorShops lighting template from Ambience. My reasoning here is that Ambience should set the ambience in the interiors it edits whereas TorchArrow likely has nothing to do with lighting or ambience. This seems to be confirmed by TorchArrow carrying forward the vanilla lighting template.

5 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

Are these forwarded correctly?

image.png

4 hours ago, Greg said:

This looks good to me, although I'm shaking my head wondering why CCOR is editing that leveled list.

Most likely it's because CCOR removed the bows and arrows from those leveled NPCs so they would fight rather than stand around shooting their bows during civil war events.

9 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Most likely it's because CCOR removed the bows and arrows from those leveled NPCs so they would fight rather than stand around shooting their bows during civil war events.

So if that's true, I should probably forward the CCOR record into my TorchArrow patch, correct?

Edited by Kattmandu

You can use either option for the leveled list depending on whether you want Imperial soldiers to use swords and bows or only swords. I was just questioning why CCOR has this change since it has nothing to do with crafting.