DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

After my latest DynDOLOD run I decided to run around the arnimaDuplicate003 worldspace from Beyond Reach to check what the lods look like and if there's anything I would need to fix. While doing this I came across a cell with large reference bugs. The plugin doesn't have large references by default, but I added them myself with the xEdit script. The cell with the bugs is 18 -3. So I started checking the objects in the cell to see if there were any that had the initially disabled flag. I couldn't find any in arnima.esm nor in DynDOLOD.esm or Occlusion.esp, which were the only plugins to edit the cell in question. DynDOLOD.esp does add some tundra stream objects in there that are initially disabled, but since they aren't large refs they shouldn't be the cause of this issue right? There are 8 large refs in the cell, 2 of which are tundra streams. I found 5 objects being affected by this, so it does seem to be a legitimate large reference issue. It also only affects just this cell, neighbouring cells are all completely fine.

ic2RoFO.png

N8ZF7Iv.png

Do you have any ideas what might be causing this bug? DynDOLOD didn't report any large ref issues when running it. Here are the relevant log files: https://ufile.io/f/cmfrr

Edit: Noticed that the tundra stream objects might not be affected by this, but I think their LOD is handled a bit differently?

Edited by Blackread

1 hour ago, Blackread said:

After my latest DynDOLOD run I decided to run around the arnimaDuplicate003 worldspace from Beyond Reach to check what the lods look like and if there's anything I would need to fix. While doing this I came across a cell with large reference bugs. The plugin doesn't have large references by default, but I added them myself with the xEdit script. The cell with the bugs is 18 -3. So I started checking the objects in the cell to see if there were any that had the initially disabled flag. I couldn't find any in arnima.esm nor in DynDOLOD.esm or Occlusion.esp, which were the only plugins to edit the cell in question. DynDOLOD.esp does add some tundra stream objects in there that are initially disabled, but since they aren't large refs they shouldn't be the cause of this issue right? There are 8 large refs in the cell, 2 of which are tundra streams. I found 5 objects being affected by this, so it does seem to be a legitimate large reference issue. It also only affects just this cell, neighbouring cells are all completely fine.

ic2RoFO.png

N8ZF7Iv.png

Do you have any ideas what might be causing this bug? DynDOLOD didn't report any large ref issues when running it. Here are the relevant log files: https://ufile.io/f/cmfrr

Edit: Noticed that the tundra stream objects might not be affected by this, but I think their LOD is handled a bit differently?

Have you tested if problems go away when setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5?

Make sure to use latest version to generate large refs  https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/blob/dev-4.1.5/Build/Edit Scripts/Skyrim SE - Generate Large References.pas

Only large references can trigger large reference bugs.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Have you tested if problems go away when setting uLargeRefLODGridSize to 5?

Make sure to use latest version to generate large refs  https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/blob/dev-4.1.5/Build/Edit Scripts/Skyrim SE - Generate Large References.pas

Only large references can trigger large reference bugs.

Tested it now, with uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 there's just LOD models as expected.

HA2QxqN.png

The large references were generated with that version of the script.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

See if there is anything different if you generate large references with the attached version.

Skyrim SE - Generate Large References.pas 13.08 kB · 2 downloads

I'm afraid not. I removed the old large refs, redid them with this version of the script and regenerated LOD, but that cell was still bugged. But I did notice that a couple initially disabled references that were added with the old script were not added with this one, so that's helpful. With the old one I had to delete them manually afterwards when the DynDOLOD Summary reported them.

2 hours ago, Blackread said:

I'm afraid not. I removed the old large refs, redid them with this version of the script and regenerated LOD, but that cell was still bugged. But I did notice that a couple initially disabled references that were added with the old script were not added with this one, so that's helpful. With the old one I had to delete them manually afterwards when the DynDOLOD Summary reported them.

If the CRC32 of your version of arnima.esm is not EE7FCD5E, send it to me.

3 hours ago, Blackread said:

Here it is: https://ufile.io/jews6e37

I have (manually) merged some fixes into it.

I can not replicate. This is the plugin after generating large refs https://mega.nz/file/MMI0HTwL#o0zRU_fJPzS5iTctFMeN6TUwVnPGXqrwE4i35vJ6x6s

Can you list all plugin that overwrite
Wordspace: arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:xx000D62]
Persistent Worldspace Cell: [CELL:xx003882] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:06000D62])
Cell: [CELL:xx01DCBE] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:06000D62] at 18,-3)

arnima18-3.jpg

I can not replicate. This is the plugin after generating large refs https://mega.nz/file/MMI0HTwL#o0zRU_fJPzS5iTctFMeN6TUwVnPGXqrwE4i35vJ6x6s

Can you list all plugin that overwrite
Wordspace: arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:xx000D62]
Persistent Worldspace Cell: [CELL:xx003882] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:06000D62])
Cell: [CELL:xx01DCBE] (in arnimaDUPLICATE003 "The Reach" [WRLD:06000D62] at 18,-3)

arnima18-3.jpg

I did some quick tests with your plugin and comparing it to mine. With my generated LODs the bug was present with both. With the pregenerated LODs from the mod it was absent with both. I'll do a full LOD regeneration with your plugin just to be sure, as it looks like they are different based on CRC32.

Here are the overwriting plugins:

Worldspace: Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp, DynDOLOD.esm, Missives - Beyond Reach.esp, Water for ENB - Patch - Beyond Reach.esp, ACMOS - Beyond Reach.esp, Clear Map - Water for ENB Patch.esp (this is my personal plugin patching the latter two together), Synthesis.esp, DynDOLOD.esp, Occlusion.esp

Persistent Worldspace Cell: Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp, DynDOLOD.esm, Missives - Beyond Reach.esp, DynDOLOD.esp

Cell: DynDOLOD.esm, Occlusion.esp

39 minutes ago, Blackread said:

I did some quick tests with your plugin and comparing it to mine. With my generated LODs the bug was present with both. With the pregenerated LODs from the mod it was absent with both. I'll do a full LOD regeneration with your plugin just to be sure, as it looks like they are different based on CRC32.

Here are the overwriting plugins:

Worldspace: Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp, DynDOLOD.esm, Missives - Beyond Reach.esp, Water for ENB - Patch - Beyond Reach.esp, ACMOS - Beyond Reach.esp, Clear Map - Water for ENB Patch.esp (this is my personal plugin patching the latter two together), Synthesis.esp, DynDOLOD.esp, Occlusion.esp

Persistent Worldspace Cell: Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp, DynDOLOD.esm, Missives - Beyond Reach.esp, DynDOLOD.esp

Cell: DynDOLOD.esm, Occlusion.esp

The LOD included with the mod does not mark anything as large reference, so all cells not ever unload any LOD inside  the uLargeRefLODGridSize. The two mountaincliff objects in the screenshot do not have vanilla LOD, though.

I only generated large refs for ArnimaDuplicate003 and none of the other worldspaces.

The LOD included with the mod does not mark anything as large reference, so all cells not ever unload any LOD inside  the uLargeRefLODGridSize. The two mountaincliff objects in the screenshot do not have vanilla LOD, though.

I only generated large refs for ArnimaDuplicate003 and none of the other worldspaces.

Ah, that explains.

Well, this is a stubborn one. I've done everything I could think of, but the cell is still bugged:

I've gone to a bare minimum list, I've reset my DynDOLOD rules to the default high, and I switched from papyrusutil to DynDOLOD dll. With vanilla meshes it's not as visible as the LODs are mostly covered, but it's still there. Can't think of anything else to try and fix it.

Nice to meet you, I use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha and billboards are Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Qualit. For some reason, I have been getting a series of ctd's in the city of Markarth. It can be cured by removing the DynDOLOD I created.
I don't see anything unusual elsewhere, only in the city of Markarth this phenomenon occurs.

Was there some serious mistake made during the creation?

1234961572_.thumb.png.55db26906a2d6f2fb2476d9aa28a8252.png1434877583_.thumb.png.379c6a8d7805c19c9ace17124ba1df73.png

6 hours ago, Blackread said:

Ah, that explains.

Well, this is a stubborn one. I've done everything I could think of, but the cell is still bugged:

I've gone to a bare minimum list, I've reset my DynDOLOD rules to the default high, and I switched from papyrusutil to DynDOLOD dll. With vanilla meshes it's not as visible as the LODs are mostly covered, but it's still there. Can't think of anything else to try and fix it.

Check if the LOD is disabled once the cell attaches.

5 hours ago, sanheart said:

Nice to meet you, I use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha and billboards are Happy Little Trees 3D LOD - Qualit. For some reason, I have been getting a series of ctd's in the city of Markarth. It can be cured by removing the DynDOLOD I created.
I don't see anything unusual elsewhere, only in the city of Markarth this phenomenon occurs.

Was there some serious mistake made during the creation?

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Why do you believe the CTD has something to do with the LOD mod generated by DynDOLOD?

Check the log and summary. https://dyndolod.info/Messages https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages

Check the crash log for hints. https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "ILS or CTD" and ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD-README.txt

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Check if the LOD is disabled once the cell attaches.

The LOD was disabled. But it seems that somehow, no idea how, the latest update to beyond reach has fixed this. And not even the plugin, I am still testing with the same plugin you gave me, but loading the game with the same LODs and the same plugin from yesterday but the new assets from today the bug is gone.