DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

3 hours ago, Eumeta said:

Hi sheson, I got a bug report of the new version Alpha 96, Dyndolod 3 stopped running ( still running as application but zero progress from 100% CPU usage to nil at the beginning of Tamriel object LOD generation). This did not happen in previous versions.
Attached are the bug report and the log, the debug log is too large to insert so i'm putting a link instead. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuNF3um-BHtxem6xDJsTWwYhhwPPl9po/view?usp=sharing . Thank you.

bugreport.txt 143.05 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 2.3 MB · 1 download

Form the log:

[00:27] <Warning: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds. Used by Better Dynamic Snow.esp NorTentLargeSnow [STAT:000EA068]>
[02:56] <Warning: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds. Used by Meshes\architecture\tents\largenordictent01.nif Skyrim.esm NorTentLarge [STAT:000800DE]>
[02:56] <Warning: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds. Used by Skyrim.esm NorTentLarge [STAT:000800DE]>
[06:39] <Error: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds>

It seems a mod is missing a texture or a requirement. Check which mod contains textures\clutter\common\ruground02.dds as that should also have textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds

7 hours ago, Akidson said:

Hello, I am encountering crashing in the area around Ivarstead. Here are the crash logs:

Crash_2022_9_13_1-27-18.txt 94.39 kB · 4 downloads Crash_2022_9_13_1-33-23.txt 94.43 kB · 3 downloads Crash_2022_9_13_1-38-53.txt 97.49 kB · 1 download Crash_2022_9_13_2-2-15.txt 91.37 kB · 1 download Crash_2022_9_13_2-7-41.txt 94.25 kB · 1 download

As you can see, all of these crash logs have objects in common. Do you perhaps know how to fix this? Maybe remove the problematic  objects? Or somehow exclude it beofre generation? And if yes, then how do I do it?

I am using Veydogolt Trees, just mentioning if that's important, but if I disable DynDOLOD and go to the same places then I don't crash.

Post the log and debug log of DynDOLOD as explained in the first post.

Look up the mentioned  STAT base record xx058C0A in DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit and check which model.nif it actually uses. Then find that file in the load order and upload it.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Form the log:

[00:27] <Warning: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds. Used by Better Dynamic Snow.esp NorTentLargeSnow [STAT:000EA068]>
[02:56] <Warning: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds. Used by Meshes\architecture\tents\largenordictent01.nif Skyrim.esm NorTentLarge [STAT:000800DE]>
[02:56] <Warning: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds. Used by Skyrim.esm NorTentLarge [STAT:000800DE]>
[06:39] <Error: File not found textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds>

It seems a mod is missing a texture or a requirement. Check which mod contains textures\clutter\common\ruground02.dds as that should also have textures\clutter\common\ruground02_n.dds

Hi, I checked my mods and found the 2 mods having riground02.dds do not contain its _n.dds equivalent, or any other mod. Version Alpha 95 successfully run wih the same errors where Dyndolod carried on. Do I forward you the log and debug file of that version?
 I installed Rugnarok to see if the problem goes away, and it did. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Eumeta said:

Hi, I checked my mods and found the 2 mods having riground02.dds do not contain its _n.dds equivalent, or any other mod. Version Alpha 95 successfully run wih the same errors where Dyndolod carried on. Do I forward you the log and debug file of that version?
 I installed Rugnarok to see if the problem goes away, and it did. Thank you.

What are the mods that are missing the texture?

If you found and installed the missing texture there is nothing else to do.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Post the log and debug log of DynDOLOD as explained in the first post.

Look up the mentioned  STAT base record xx058C0A in DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit and check which model.nif it actually uses. Then find that file in the load order and upload it.

Thank you for replying sheson. Here are all the files you've requested:

https://ufile.io/f/nyrh7

1 hour ago, Akidson said:

Thank you for replying sheson. Here are all the files you've requested:

https://ufile.io/f/nyrh7

See if this particular crash goes away / the crash log changes after replacing the NIF with the one attached. I would not be surprised if another form id/NIF has similar problems.

treepineforest03_F7CE5204passthru_lod.nif

1 hour ago, sheson said:

See if this particular crash goes away / the crash log changes after replacing the NIF with the one attached. I would not be surprised if another form id/NIF has similar problems.

treepineforest03_F7CE5204passthru_lod.nif 11.47 kB · 0 downloads

Wow, thanks sheson, it worked! I'm no longer crashing in those areas. I will let you know if I enounter any more crashes like this one. If i do, is replacing the nif file  safe to do mid game? And also, if I may ask, what changes did you make to that file?

PS. DynDOLOD is amazing and you are a wonderful person for helping people with their issues :)

42 minutes ago, Akidson said:

Wow, thanks sheson, it worked! I'm no longer crashing in those areas. I will let you know if I enounter any more crashes like this one. If i do, is replacing the nif file  safe to do mid game? And also, if I may ask, what changes did you make to that file?

PS. DynDOLOD is amazing and you are a wonderful person for helping people with their issues :)

Replacing NIF files is safe.

There seem to be a lot of problematic 3D tree LOD models in the the two "3D Hybrid LODs" archives of the mod. The models contain NiSwitch nodes instead of being static 3D tree LOD models as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model. They might work for object LOD generation as LODGen might be able to extract what it needs and remove duplicate stuff on the fly, but the way the NIFs are made they cause CTD when used directly in the game for dynamic LOD. They probably a (couple) dozen references here and there that could be problematic. They need to be fixed.

I made the 3D tree LOD a real static model by copying the actual crown BSTriShape to the root node and removed all the uneeded/interfering blocks. Comparing the NIFs in Nifskope should make it clear.

It might be possible to automate this if the split crown NIFs  are made available.

37 minutes ago, sheson said:

Replacing NIF files is safe.

There seem to be a lot of problematic 3D tree LOD models in the the two "3D Hybrid LODs" archives of the mod. The models contain NiSwitch nodes instead of being static 3D tree LOD models as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model. They might work for object LOD generation as LODGen might be able to extract what it needs and remove duplicate stuff on the fly, but the way the NIFs are made they cause CTD when used directly in the game for dynamic LOD. They probably a (couple) dozen references here and there that could be problematic. They need to be fixed.

I made the 3D tree LOD a real static model by copying the actual crown BSTriShape to the root node and removed all the uneeded/interfering blocks. Comparing the NIFs in Nifskope should make it clear.

Oh, so maybe I should remove the 3D Hybrid LODs file and use the 3D full models that come with the main Veydogolt Trees file instead and run TexGen and DynDOLOD again.

41 minutes ago, Akidson said:

Oh, so maybe I should remove the 3D Hybrid LODs file and use the 3D full models that come with the main Veydogolt Trees file instead and run TexGen and DynDOLOD again.

I generally do not recommend using full model trees for object LOD generation because of the performance impact and time required to generate the huge LOD meshes.

A better working solution might be to keep the LOD resources installed and use the usual "tree" mesh rule with Level0 for LOD Level 4, Billboard* for LOD Level 8/16 and just change Grid from "Far LOD" to "Far Full". Then only the few case of dynamic LOD should be using the full models.

Let me know if that works out, e.g. if you do not crash at the spot afterwards or look up the STAT base record (it will have a new form ID but same EditorID) that it uses the full model.

If you do not want to generate LOD again, you can manually update all the STAT base records using such tree LOD models in xEdit to use the full model instead.

I always appreciate your dedication.
I got two problems. I use Castle Volkihar Rebuilt, Worldspace Transition Tweaks and A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds  
The front right tower of Volkihar Castle disappears from the world map. 
And  I can't see parts of Solstheim at high hrothgar.
I attach a screenshot and log file. Please give me your help me!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zPeDr2NZYhGb1Fo5CDBs_n7lPofkdFa7?usp=sharing

1 hour ago, zeuslee766 said:

I always appreciate your dedication.
I got two problems. I use Castle Volkihar Rebuilt, Worldspace Transition Tweaks and A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds  
The front right tower of Volkihar Castle disappears from the world map. 
And  I can't see parts of Solstheim at high hrothgar.
I attach a screenshot and log file. Please give me your help me!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zPeDr2NZYhGb1Fo5CDBs_n7lPofkdFa7?usp=sharing

The mod Castle Volkihar Rebuilt changes the reference of the tower so it has an enable parent, to switch it out with a version that has the roof fixed. Such reference have dynamic LOD instead of static object LOD. Right now it is not possible to automatically address this, but it is a planed feature for a future versions in case LOD Level 32 is used for map  - since it does not show in the game world and the map could simply use the initial version regardless.

Does the island come into view when you get closer? The game renders about a 100 cells into the distance and everything beyond just vanishes. You might want to increase object LOD distance for LOD Level 16 fBlockMaximumDistance in SkyrimPrefs.INI or  https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings so the max distance is shows object LOD on top of the terrain LOD.

• Like 1