1 hour ago, fractalbase said:

hi, getting the same error everytime I run texgen:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 80070026.

[Content]
textures\architecture\whiterun\WRPlasterDecals.dds

"D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\crich\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE" "C:\Users\crich\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\8F62B2D7BEF24ACFB52500424C11AD7E.dds"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I tried looking up the error code, but did not find that specific error code in the dyndolod/texgen documentation (currently running latest).

Windows has that specific error code, and I tried deleting temp folder, disabling antivirus, running sfc, and rebooting, with no luck.

Ideas/suggestions?

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 1.53 MB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

The mentioned textures\architecture\whiterun\WRPlasterDecals.dds is most likely corrupt. The obvious thing to check would be trying to load the texture in an image viewer to see if it works. MO2 has one build in. if the textures is in an BSA file, use xEdit Assets Browser which is started with CTRL+F3 to open it via double click or to extract it.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log, debug log and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload.

The mentioned textures\architecture\whiterun\WRPlasterDecals.dds is most likely corrupt. The obvious thing to check would be trying to load the texture in an image viewer to see if it works. MO2 has one build in. if the textures is in an BSA file, use xEdit Assets Browser which is started with CTRL+F3 to open it via double click or to extract it.

included is the debug log; there was no bugreport.txt.

attempting to open the particular file in paint.net revealed that the file is corrupt.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.7z

11 hours ago, sheson said:

You have the .Net event log for that with the trace?

Can you generate without Season Aspen Trees to rule out that there is a problem with the assets? I am pretty sure they are not the problem since I have no issues despite the 3D tree LOD models containing orphaned blocks and left over collision. That's all ignored anyways.

Application: LODGenx64.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.RemoveDuplicate(Boolean)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.RemoveUnseenFaces(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenerator.ShapeDesc)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.TransformShape(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenerator.StaticDesc, LODGenerator.NiFile, LODGenerator.NifMain.NiTriBasedGeom, LODGenerator.Common.Matrix44, Single, Int32)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.IterateNodes(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenerator.StaticDesc, Int32, LODGenerator.NiFile, LODGenerator.NifMain.NiNode, LODGenerator.Common.Matrix44, Single, Int32 ByRef)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.ParseNif(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenerator.StaticDesc, Int32)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp+<>c__DisplayClass84_0.<DoLOD>b__0(Int32)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler.TryExecuteTaskInline(System.Threading.Tasks.Task, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler.TryRunInline(System.Threading.Tasks.Task, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InternalRunSynchronously(System.Threading.Tasks.TaskScheduler, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Int32, Int32, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<Int32>, System.Action`2<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Func`4<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.For(Int32, Int32, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<Int32>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.DoLOD(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, Boolean)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.<GenerateLOD>b__85_0(LODGenerator.QuadDesc)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

I'll try it without when I get some time

On 4/20/2022 at 1:41 AM, sheson said:

DynDOLODGrassMode 1/2 are fixed distance settings. 1 is the uGridsToLoad 5 x 5 cells around the player. 2 is whatever the uLargeRefLODGridSize setting is.

It should not change how full grass fades in or out.

I had incorrectly configured Ini's. I went and removed grass fade from bethIni following this guide https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide. Do you know if I need to precache grass again every time I change the ini settings within Bethini? Or do I just need to regen dyndolod to have the proper ini's apply? Thanks. 

5 hours ago, NBBEAST said:

I had incorrectly configured Ini's. I went and removed grass fade from bethIni following this guide https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:Grass_LOD_Guide. Do you know if I need to precache grass again every time I change the ini settings within Bethini? Or do I just need to regen dyndolod to have the proper ini's apply? Thanks. 

The grass cache stores the model, position, rotation, scale, brightness of each grass placement. 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42161
"IMPORTANT: If you change anything about your mods or grass related settings you need to delete every file in that directory so that grass can be generated again, or you will not see any changes or even have bugs like floating grass (if terrain is changed) or grass in objects (if object placement is changed). If you only change drawing distance it's not required to delete cache files."

If you change INI settings that affects density it needs to be updated.

Hi,

I have a small issue when using DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha 88 + DynDOLOD Resources 3.0 Alpha-24 with Enderal VR.  Everything mostly works but I use Embers XD, and DynDOLOD seems to add logs to my Embers campfires.  The standard campfires show up when I first load into a campsite and then once DynDOLOD is initialized, large logs seemingly load in as LODs.  The problem goes away if I revert way back to Alpha 65.  Is this normal behavior in Alpha 88?  And if so, is there a way to force DynDOLOD to not alter the Embers XD campfires?  I have attached my log files (DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_log.txt & DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_Debug_log.txt) below.  Thanks!  

Campfires before DynDOLOD loads: https://ibb.co/GJs2Yxs
Campfires after DynDOLOD loads: https://ibb.co/F4vqN0P

https://ufile.io/f/wjsuj

Edited by Ashok0

2 hours ago, Ashok0 said:

Hi,

I have a small issue when using DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha 88 + DynDOLOD Resources 3.0 Alpha-24 with Enderal VR.  Everything mostly works but I use Embers XD, and DynDOLOD seems to add logs to my Embers campfires.  The standard campfires show up when I first load into a campsite and then once DynDOLOD is initialized, large logs seemingly load in as LODs.  The problem goes away if I revert way back to Alpha 65.  Is this normal behavior in Alpha 88?  And if so, is there a way to force DynDOLOD to not alter the Embers XD campfires?  I have attached my log files (DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_log.txt & DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_Debug_log.txt) below.  Thanks!  

Campfires before DynDOLOD loads: https://ibb.co/GJs2Yxs
Campfires after DynDOLOD loads: https://ibb.co/F4vqN0P

https://ufile.io/f/wjsuj

Pay attention to error and warning message and read their explanations in the summary. Address the serious errors instead of ignoring them.
You need to make sure that plugins/mods which are made for Skyrim are made compatible with Enderal. Clean plugins that delete references. Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Programs Files x86 to avoid permission issues because of UAC, antivir etc.

The screenshots do not show any form ids / more informative console information.

Embers XD.esp is not part of the load order while the LOD mod is being generated. Do not temporarily disable plugins to ignore error messages. Leave such plugins disabled permanently or fix the errors.

Why do you believe that it is DynDOLOD that changes the full models of fires in the active cells?

Hi There, 

Firstly wanted to say, thank you for your amazing hard work and dedication on this software. I have been using it a while now, and can not imagine my Skyrim SE without it. 

I am having an issue with Alpha 88. I have an access violation:
Access violation at address 000000000120E735 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
bugreport.txtLogs.7zError: Access violation at address 000000000120E735 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.

Now, to be clear, it worked 100% the first 4 times I ran it. I ran it again, because I missed some 2d Billboards in my MO2 load order, which cause things to look weird.  Now, I am having this error.

I have re-installed .net, I have moved the Dyndolod folder and the output folders.  I really am stuck here. Is there anything I can try?

I have Windows Sercurity switched off, (Real time protection and all the other toggles are off as well.) I am not using another antivirus. I am on Windows 11 x64.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version    10.0.22000 Build 22000
Processor    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K, 3610 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product    ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32,0 GB
Page File Space    18,0 GB

32 minutes ago, MrGr1m said:

Hi There, 

Firstly wanted to say, thank you for your amazing hard work and dedication on this software. I have been using it a while now, and can not imagine my Skyrim SE without it. 

I am having an issue with Alpha 88. I have an access violation:
Access violation at address 000000000120E735 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
bugreport.txtLogs.7zError: Access violation at address 000000000120E735 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.

Now, to be clear, it worked 100% the first 4 times I ran it. I ran it again, because I missed some 2d Billboards in my MO2 load order, which cause things to look weird.  Now, I am having this error.

I have re-installed .net, I have moved the Dyndolod folder and the output folders.  I really am stuck here. Is there anything I can try?

I have Windows Sercurity switched off, (Real time protection and all the other toggles are off as well.) I am not using another antivirus. I am on Windows 11 x64.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version    10.0.22000 Build 22000
Processor    12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K, 3610 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product    ROG MAXIMUS Z690 HERO
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32,0 GB
Page File Space    18,0 GB

Download and replace DynDOLODx64.exe with the test version from this post https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/16796-dyndolod-3-alpha-88/?do=findComment&comment=259117

Delete old logs/bugreport.txt and in case there is still a problem upload new log, debug, bugreport.txt.

xEdit/xLODGn/DynDOLOD are Delphi programs that do not use .Net, hence no suggestions about .Net at https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions#Access-violation-at-address

Hi Sheson,

Thank you for your reply. My apologies, I meant that I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, not .net.  Its been a long day. 

I downloaded the new text executable. It seems to be working. 

Will post back if needed.

Kind regards,

When I run Dyndolod it generally takes so long that I usually leave the computer and go do something else and my last two attempts I've come back to my computer to find that my computer restarted while I was gone and I find an empty "Dyndolod_Output" folder with nothing but the folder structure inside (no files) and no clue what went wrong.

The last entry in the \DynDOLOD\Logs is DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt which I'm assuming was the last thing it did before the whole computer restarted.

My computer does not perform any scheduled restarts and doesn't ever restart until I tell it to and I've never even heard of any program crashing so heard it triggers the whole computer to restart so what the hell is going on?

Can someone please help me solve this mystery?

DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt

On 4/21/2022 at 1:48 AM, sheson said:

You have the .Net event log for that with the trace?

Can you generate without Season Aspen Trees to rule out that there is a problem with the assets? I am pretty sure they are not the problem since I have no issues despite the 3D tree LOD models containing orphaned blocks and left over collision. That's all ignored anyways.

I disabled seasonal aspen trees and it worked perfectly. Do you want the logs?

21 hours ago, sheson said:

Pay attention to error and warning message and read their explanations in the summary. Address the serious errors instead of ignoring them.
You need to make sure that plugins/mods which are made for Skyrim are made compatible with Enderal. Clean plugins that delete references. Do not install the game into special Windows folders like Programs Files x86 to avoid permission issues because of UAC, antivir etc.

The screenshots do not show any form ids / more informative console information.

Embers XD.esp is not part of the load order while the LOD mod is being generated. Do not temporarily disable plugins to ignore error messages. Leave such plugins disabled permanently or fix the errors.

Why do you believe that it is DynDOLOD that changes the full models of fires in the active cells?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!  I fixed the most serious errors in xEdit and tried re-running TexGen and DynDOLOD 3.0 Alpha-88.  Because I'm modding Skyrim VR for Enderal, I also removed all Worldspace and Cell data from my plugins to avoid getting Tamriel worldspace inside of Enderal.  I permanently deleted Embers XD.esp as I wish to just use the mod's textures and meshes without the plugin. 

When I initially load up a campsite in Enderal VR with the Embers XD textures and meshes installed (no plugin used), Embers XD appears to be working just fine and More Informative Console shows "Model: Campfire01Burning.nif", "Base defined in: Skyrim.esm".  https://ibb.co/cCBXGZH

But after running DynDOLOD, the fires change and Embers XD no longer works.  More Informative Console shows "Model: Campfire01Burning.nif", "Base defined in: DynDOLOD.esm". https://ibb.co/BTsqNmW

From what I can tell, my problem seems to be that after running DynDOLOD, the campfires are using meshes from: 
\DynDOLOD Resources SE\Meshes\DynDOLOD\lod\clutter\campfire01burning_dyndolod_lod.nif

instead of the desired...
\Embers XD\meshes\clutter\woodfires\campfire01burning.nif 

In my MO2 load order, Embers XD has a higher priority than DynDOLOD Resources so I'm a bit confused why the Embers XD textures and meshes don't appear in game after running DynDOLOD?  See logs here:  https://ufile.io/f/8tk4b

Kind regards,

Ashok

12 hours ago, PolarBair said:

When I run Dyndolod it generally takes so long that I usually leave the computer and go do something else and my last two attempts I've come back to my computer to find that my computer restarted while I was gone and I find an empty "Dyndolod_Output" folder with nothing but the folder structure inside (no files) and no clue what went wrong.

The last entry in the \DynDOLOD\Logs is DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt which I'm assuming was the last thing it did before the whole computer restarted.

My computer does not perform any scheduled restarts and doesn't ever restart until I tell it to and I've never even heard of any program crashing so heard it triggers the whole computer to restart so what the hell is going on?

Can someone please help me solve this mystery?

DynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txt 41.17 kB · 1 download

The file you uploaded can not be the only files in the log folder.

The OS freezing, restarting, BSOD is a hardware, BIOS, OS, driver problem. Check the Windows event log.

If there are no files in the out folder, then it must happen pretty early in the process, right before any LOD or textures are being generated for the first worldspace. You can add realtimelog=1 under [DynDOLOD] to the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to have a debug log to see how far it gets next time.

10 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

I disabled seasonal aspen trees and it worked perfectly. Do you want the logs?

Can you zip the files of the mod as you have it installed right now and upload them for me to test with?