DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

So I like some others have been getting the "Access violation" message I have been trying to fix it for the better part of the day and haven't been able to fix it so I will just ask you directly!

Error code:

Spoiler

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
<[CELL:000096E2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 22,-10) Error while updating TVDT data: Access violation at address 0000000000527446 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'.

[Content]
Invalid access of address 0000000000000000>

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

bugreport.txt

Debug log. Was too big to upload in pastebin without crashing my browser.

Couldn't find a none debug log.

I also don't have any dirty plugins that might cause this.

loot.thumb.PNG.0fda6663e23d9f271a6f521bc86758f5.PNG

PS: Sry if the solution is something obvious!

19 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Relevant files are probably in textures/terrain and meshes/terrain. Check file modified stamps to see which ones. 

He'll be relieved to hear that the fix is that simple, thank you for your time!

15 hours ago, sheson said:

xLODGen generates LOD for the plugins and assets found in the load order / data folder. Generate LOD for the load order and in case something doesn't work as expected, make a post with the detailed information and ask specific questions. If a mod requires extra steps depends on the mod. Check its description/instructions. Follow a modding guide if you require others testing mods/setups for you.

The log prints lines with the paths where meshes and textures are generated to. Those are the folders/files to delete.

Always use the -o command line parameter to set an output path outside of game and mod manager folders.

I will and as for my friend i will tell him to check his logs as you suggested, thank you kindly.

On 3/23/2022 at 1:24 AM, sheson said:

The promised logs and no concrete information about the what and when were provided, nothing was or could be done.

The https://dyndolod.info/Changelog explains what was fixed or changed.

If the computer freezes it doesn't generate logs man. Jesus. Look, I'm grateful for all you've done for Skyrim but maybe there's a chance the alpha has bugs or compatibility issues. That's kind of normal for software? I mean it's literally in alpha and you're dealing with a stupid amount of system configurations in conjunction with an obscene amount of varied texture/mesh combinations. I tried working with you but you're being obtuse, I tried thanking you, and you're being more obtuse. This is absurd.

P.S. I'm still willing to work with you on this if the issue ever crops up again...just, please, cool it with this kind of stuff. I want to help...but not if you're going to blame my computer immediately, ask for logs that don't exist and then get snarky when I thank you for an update that fixed my issue. :/

Wish you the best and hope whatever caused that little blip has passed. Cheers.

Edited by DankTemplar

1 hour ago, DankTemplar said:

If the computer freezes it doesn't generate logs man. Jesus. Look, I'm grateful for all you've done for Skyrim but maybe there's a chance the alpha has bugs or compatibility issues. That's kind of normal for software? I mean it's literally in alpha and you're dealing with a stupid amount of system configurations in conjunction with an obscene amount of varied texture/mesh combinations. I tried working with you but you're being obtuse, I tried thanking you, and you're being more obtuse. This is absurd.

If the computer freezes or has BSOD it is caused by hardware, OS, drivers or the settings of each.

Programs do not care about system configurations since they are compiled to use OS functions. For example OS functions to read, write files, or request memory from the OS.

Assumptions what the problem could be, how programs or OS work and not posting any logs did not provide information to act upon. You copy pasted an error message and pieces of log message yet did not provide the accompanying log and debug log despite requests.

I can not accept thanks for something I didn't do. I am just being honest.

Hey,

So far i was using Dyndolod 3.65 with grass lod (density 25)

This is what i have so far ==> vBiwt51.jpg

Now with Dyndolod 3.84 (same load order and density 50) ==> cAzxgyO.jpg

Is this normal that the new dyndolod version gives less grass lods for higher density?

I also tried 3.85 and i have no grass lod using this version because for some reason the LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_xxx.txt has not been generated (always on the same load order)

Thank you for your work and help ;)

15 minutes ago, vektor9999 said:

Hey,

So far i was using Dyndolod 3.65 with grass lod (density 25)

This is what i have so far ==> vBiwt51.jpg

Now with Dyndolod 3.84 (same load order and density 50) ==> cAzxgyO.jpg

Is this normal that the new dyndolod version gives less grass lods for higher density?

I also tried 3.85 and i have no grass lod using this version because for some reason the LODGen_SSE_Grass_Map_xxx.txt has not been generated (always on the same load order)

Thank you for your work and help ;)

Please upload the log and debug log as explained on the first post.

If possible both from 84 and 85.

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

Thanks! Something (e.g. some code I did) is preventing the grass billboards being added to the object atlas. Will be fixed next version.

Thanks a lot, will it also fix the less density i have in 3.84 compared to 3.65?

Edited by vektor9999

12 hours ago, ArrowFX said:

So I like some others have been getting the "Access violation" message I have been trying to fix it for the better part of the day and haven't been able to fix it so I will just ask you directly!

Error code:

Reveal hidden contents

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
<[CELL:000096E2] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 22,-10) Error while updating TVDT data: Access violation at address 0000000000527446 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'.

[Content]
Invalid access of address 0000000000000000>

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[OK] [Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

bugreport.txt

Sry to bother you @sheson but could you please take a look?

I am trying to run dyndolod on my rather large (>2000 plugins) mod list. Dyndolod runs fine except for the last step where it tries to generate it's plugins. It gives the error: "master list now contains 253 entries and is full". Apparently, because of my large mod list it needs to add more than 253 masters to dyndolod's plugin and this fails.

What would be the solution to this problem?

Data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBABC32jpI1fcXbTYbuuU8gRepERaBgg/view?usp=sharing

Edited by mrpanda

13 hours ago, ArrowFX said:

Error code:

Reveal hidden contents

bugreport.txt

Is this a repeatable error, always the same cell 22,-10? If so can you check if/which plugins overwrite the CELL and its LAND record 0x0000A6E2?

If you generate without Occlusion checked, then install the output and then just generate with only Occlusion and Plugin checked, does it happens as well?

If it does, can you see what happens if you generate Occlusion with latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta?

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Is this a repeatable error, always the same cell 22,-10? If so can you check if/which plugins overwrite the CELL and its LAND record 0x0000A6E2?

If you generate without Occlusion checked, then install the output and then just generate with only Occlusion and Plugin checked, does it happens as well?

If it does, can you see what happens if you generate Occlusion with latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta?

So I don't know what changed or happened but it worked now, which is weird since I haven't changed anything and I got the error around 3 times earlier today as well as every time I ran DynDOLOD yesterday! So I can't rly help in finding what originally caused it, although, if I get the error again I will go thru the methods you told me to try! And to answer your question, yes it was always cell 22,-10 and I checked it yesterday and no mods I have edits that cell.

5 hours ago, mrpanda said:

I am trying to run dyndolod on my rather large (>2000 plugins) mod list. Dyndolod runs fine except for the last step where it tries to generate it's plugins. It gives the error: "master list now contains 253 entries and is full". Apparently, because of my large mod list it needs to add more than 253 masters to dyndolod's plugin and this fails.

What would be the solution to this problem?

Data: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CBABC32jpI1fcXbTYbuuU8gRepERaBgg/view?usp=sharing

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Plugin-Limit

Plugins can only have have 255 masters. There is no other solution than to reduce the number of plugins that are required as masters.

See the first post which debug log and bugreport.txt (if it exists) to upload. If this happens with Occlusion generation enabled, do not check it. Install output and then start DynDOLOD and only select Occlusion generation in advanced mode or use xLODGen for Occlusion generation.

If generating occlusion separately does not work for all worldspaces either, only select all worldspaces but Tamriel.
Rename the generated occlusion plugin and then generate another occlusion plugin with only Tamriel selected.

If this happens without occlusion, then do not select some small worldspaces (added by mods)  you won't be visiting often and hope it is enough to stay under the limit.
Ignore all worldspaces added by Vigilant. They are ignored by default, but the list maybe incomplete.

Renaming DynDOLOD plugins does not work with dynamic LOD.

Use "Copy message to clipboard" paste it as text when making posts.