DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

57 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Yes.  But does it necessitate rerunning DynDOLOD or is merely deleting the bad .cgid file and regenerating it all that is necessary?  Thanks.

Read the log messages. Read the manual.

The error stopped the DynDOLOD generation process.
DynDOLOD did not print its "completed successfully" message to the log as explained in the manual.
DynDOLOD should not have saved any plugins.
It should be obvious that the LOD mod is not complete and can not be used in the game and that the LOD generation process with DynDOLOD needs to be started again.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

SuperDenseGrass should be no problem.

As long as there are message like 
pos 52640, 98211.38, -6864 outside cell 12, 24 center 52640, 98211.38, -6864 49152,98304
in the LODGen log something is going on.

If you could generate a grass cache without SuperDenseGrass and if then those messages go away, there is something I need to look at.

Grass is not considered for dynamic LOD, so the NiNode is not a direct problem.

On the other hand, also try to generate without grass LOD being checked, to rule out something else being the problem.

Yeah, I was unable to complete a run with a SuperDenseGrass-enabled grass cache. I made a new grass cache with that setting turned off and reran DynDOLOD. It completed in a normal amount of time and none of those "pos x outside cell y center z" messages showed up in the logs. 

38 minutes ago, matashina said:

Yeah, I was unable to complete a run with a SuperDenseGrass-enabled grass cache. I made a new grass cache with that setting turned off and reran DynDOLOD. It completed in a normal amount of time and none of those "pos x outside cell y center z" messages showed up in the logs. 

We have tested with larger/taller grass in NGIO, and this produces a similar effect without the performance hit. DynDOLOD runs fine. Give that a try. DynDOLOD grass density can be as low as 35% and still look 'full' under these conditions. i forget the grass size scale we used, but I would go with something like 125%-150%

13 hours ago, matashina said:

I assume with SuperDenseMode = 8?

I will have to test that to see what's up.

1 hour ago, DarkladyLexy said:

I have been trying out Grass LOD everything built OK but when i get into game I am have werid meshes issues. not sure where to start on this

Sep 30 2021 15_44_18.jpg

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

To see if this is LOD, open console and toggle LOD on/off. If it stays it is not LOD. If it goes away it is static object or terrain LOD.

If this is LOD related, read the DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

Especially this answer:  If the problems is stuck object LOD in Whiterun after fast travel, change Distant Object Detail on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher from Ultra to High. Alternatively try just slightly changing the value fBlockLevel0Distance=60000 in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 57000.

If this is LOD related, but not stuck object LOD, it has to be terrain LOD, as it is the only LOD type that is not disabled in the load cells.

If it doesn't go away, you should be able to get a form id by clicking it with console open.

Could be terrain underside for example. In that case it has too low quality or the height distance to 0 is to low.

I have a question about sharing Presets. I looked through the manual and searched this thread, but I couldn't find an exact answer to this. My apologies if it is indeed covered.

Say I download a Preset .ini and put it in DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/Presets. I load DynDOLOD through MO2, and load the Preset in the GUI. My filepatlh is different from the person who uploaded the preset, so I change the output file path in the GUI. I save the preset.

Looking at the preset I have saved, it has a valid filepath to my chosen output directory. However, the mesh rules under [Skyrim LODGen] all contain invalid filepaths that do not point to the included DynDOLOD rules (they have the filepaths of the person who uploaded the original preset).

Is this an issue? I think that .ini might be how the rules load, so it seems like it might be an issue to me. Or do the rules dynamically change when starting to reflect the proper filepath of wherever DynDOLOD is installed? Or am I totally misunderstanding?

For example, see the attached .ini of me trying the STEP 2.0 Optimal Preset on a different mod setup.

Thanks in advance for your time. I appreciate any clarity you can offer.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Optimal1.ini

19 minutes ago, Nebulous112 said:

I have a question about sharing Presets. I looked through the manual and searched this thread, but I couldn't find an exact answer to this. My apologies if it is indeed covered.

Say I download a Preset .ini and put it in DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/DynDOLOD/Presets. I load DynDOLOD through MO2, and load the Preset in the GUI. My filepatlh is different from the person who uploaded the preset, so I change the output file path in the GUI. I save the preset.

Looking at the preset I have saved, it has a valid filepath to my chosen output directory. However, the mesh rules under [Skyrim LODGen] all contain invalid filepaths that do not point to the included DynDOLOD rules (they have the filepaths of the person who uploaded the original preset).

Is this an issue? I think that .ini might be how the rules load, so it seems like it might be an issue to me. Or do the rules dynamically change when starting to reflect the proper filepath of wherever DynDOLOD is installed? Or am I totally misunderstanding?

For example, see the attached .ini of me trying the STEP 2.0 Optimal Preset on a different mod setup.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Optimal1.ini 51.75 kB · 0 downloads

Presets like this are sub-optimal, as any mod-added rules are ignored, and any updated rules by Sheson would also be ignored. It is better to share individual rules or include them as mod-added rules. STEP 2.0 is incomplete, and we have chosen to use mod-added rules to make it far easier to apply.

17 hours ago, sheson said:

I assume with SuperDenseMode = 8?

I will have to test that to see what's up.

Yes, with 8. :yes:

On 9/29/2021 at 3:56 PM, z929669 said:

We have tested with larger/taller grass in NGIO, and this produces a similar effect without the performance hit. DynDOLOD runs fine. Give that a try. DynDOLOD grass density can be as low as 35% and still look 'full' under these conditions. i forget the grass size scale we used, but I would go with something like 125%-150%

This is good to know, thank you. I'll try it out the next time I run DynDOLOD.

6 hours ago, Nebulous112 said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_Optimal1.ini 51.75 kB · 1 download

The path to the INI files in the mesh mask rule is for information only. It does not need to exist.

Anybody uploading presets for guides should  remove the outputpath line, so the default will be used.