DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

12 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

Here are the logs returned with the Windows Event Veiwer:

"Unable to open the Server service performance object. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code."

"Unable to open the job object \BaseNamedObjects\WmiProviderSubSystemHostJob for query access. The calling process may not have permission to open this job. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code."

"The Open procedure for service "WmiApRpl" in DLL "C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiaprpl.dll" failed with error code The device is not ready.. Performance data for this service will not be available."

These were all logged simultaneously which is why I was unsure which log to post.  Having Googled them and taken (to the best of my limited knowledge) all steps to mitigate the issue, there's no change.

edit: anyone else who has this issue... the solution can be found here.  At least it worked for me.  Crisis averted...

https://www.admin-enclave.com/en/articles/windows/306-resolved-the-open-procedure-for-service-bits-in-dll-c-windows-system32-bitsperf-dll-failed-performance-data-for-this-service-will-not-be-available-the-first-four-bytes-dword-of-the-data-section-contains-the-error-code.html

I had the same issue and the same fix worked. Thanks!

On 3/8/2022 at 4:47 AM, jkp993 said:

I generated grass LOD and I'm getting mismatched grass color and very sparse grass LOD in some areas. Please see screenshots and logs in the link below. I am using folkvangr grass overhaul and I used grass density 45 in dyndolod. What should I do to improve this?

https://ufile.io/rvio31ew

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD

"In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), change the GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. Especially the image based lighting effect from ENB has a big impact on the brightness and color tone of the grass LOD."

"Not all grass types have LOD / grass LOD billboards
Check that TexGen generates grass LOD billboards for all desired grass types. Plugins from mods often forget to set object bounds on base records, which filters them out from automatic tree/grass LOD billboard generation. See TexGen Configuration for further details."

Also search this thread for similar question and answers. We had post about the mod before.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:15 PM, Thaumatarge said:

https://ufile.io/mbcxdpce here are all of them.

For 3 seasons the vanilla aspen are being replaced by the Turnof the Seasons mod.

For the spring and summer season there are no 3D tree LOD models installed, so they use the billboards generated by TexGen.

You can verify that by checking ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt
For example for TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6], Autumn has no replacement, so the vanilla tree is used and the 3D tree LOD model from DynDOLOD Resource is used. "Vanilla tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found"
Spring uses TreeAspen01Spring [TREE:FE042801] for which no 3D tree LOD model is found. "New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treeaspen01spring_4D176229"
Same for summer TreeAspen01Summer [TREE:FE042809], "New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treeaspen01summer_7C1E3891"
Winter uses TreeWinterAspen01 [TREE:02003AC5] from Dawnguard, for which a 3D tree LOD model exists in DynDOLOD Resources, "Vanilla tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found"

You can the check the export files ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel_[WIN|SPR|SUM|AUT].txt for LODGen that indeed the different seasons use what LOD assets were found accordingly.
For example for the reference form id 0005B3F8 (the Aspen01 tree to the right of the Riften entrance) you will find lines like:
Autumn:  0005B3F8    ...    meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen01passthru_lod.nif    textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen01_0006a9e6_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen01_0006a9e6_1.dds
Spring: 0005B3F8    ...    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01spring_00000801_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01spring_00000801_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01spring_00000801_1.dds
Summer: 0005B3F8    ...    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01summer_00000809_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01summer_00000809_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01summer_00000809_1.dds
Winter: 0005B3F8    ...    meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\winteraspen01passthru_lod.nif    textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\winteraspen01_00003ac5_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\winteraspen01_00003ac5_1.dds

I am not aware if anyone made 3D tree LOD models for the trees included in the mod yet.

This is what you should be seeing in game. Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter screenshots:

autumn.jpgspring.jpgsummer.jpgwinter.jpg

If not, then upload the 4 files ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.40.-24.[WIN|SPR|SUM|AUT].bto

2 hours ago, sheson said:

For 3 seasons the vanilla aspen are being replaced by the Turnof the Seasons mod.

For the spring and summer season there are no 3D tree LOD models installed, so they use the billboards generated by TexGen.

You can verify that by checking ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt
For example for TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6], Autumn has no replacement, so the vanilla tree is used and the 3D tree LOD model from DynDOLOD Resource is used. "Vanilla tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found"
Spring uses TreeAspen01Spring [TREE:FE042801] for which no 3D tree LOD model is found. "New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treeaspen01spring_4D176229"
Same for summer TreeAspen01Summer [TREE:FE042809], "New tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model not found treeaspen01summer_7C1E3891"
Winter uses TreeWinterAspen01 [TREE:02003AC5] from Dawnguard, for which a 3D tree LOD model exists in DynDOLOD Resources, "Vanilla tree, Billboard found, 3D LOD model found"

You can the check the export files ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel_[WIN|SPR|SUM|AUT].txt for LODGen that indeed the different seasons use what LOD assets were found accordingly.
For example for the reference form id 0005B3F8 (the Aspen01 tree to the right of the Riften entrance) you will find lines like:
Autumn:  0005B3F8    ...    meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\treeaspen01passthru_lod.nif    textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen01_0006a9e6_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen01_0006a9e6_1.dds
Spring: 0005B3F8    ...    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01spring_00000801_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01spring_00000801_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01spring_00000801_1.dds
Summer: 0005B3F8    ...    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01summer_00000809_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01summer_00000809_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\turn of the seasons.esp\treeaspen01summer_00000809_1.dds
Winter: 0005B3F8    ...    meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\winteraspen01passthru_lod.nif    textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\winteraspen01_00003ac5_1.dds    textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\winteraspen01_00003ac5_1.dds

I am not aware if anyone made 3D tree LOD models for the trees included in the mod yet.

This is what you should be seeing in game. Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter screenshots:

autumn.jpgspring.jpgsummer.jpgwinter.jpg

If not, then upload the 4 files ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.4.40.-24.[WIN|SPR|SUM|AUT].bto

Outside riften this is exactly how it looks, what I am more concerned about is the lack of billboards for when I am in the Riften worldspace. All trees in the cells surrounding Riften lack trees when I generate Ultra trees, but not when I generate regular tree lods. When I generate regular tree lods, it shows up as billboards outside Riften in the Riften worldspace.

25 minutes ago, Thaumatarge said:

Outside riften this is exactly how it looks, what I am more concerned about is the lack of billboards for when I am in the Riften worldspace. All trees in the cells surrounding Riften lack trees when I generate Ultra trees, but not when I generate regular tree lods. When I generate regular tree lods, it shows up as billboards outside Riften in the Riften worldspace.

When you are in a child worldspace it replaces the cells of the parent worldspace for the uGridsToLoad 5x5 cells around the player.

Type tll in the console to toggle LOD off to clearly see how far the loaded cells reach. Bethesda did not add (m)any full model references past the city walls for performance/memory reasons.

Since loaded cells do not show LOD, they are not the concern or problem of LOD generators.

DynDOLOD Resources includes patches for Whiterun and Solitude to add a few things but nothing for Riften and not any trees.

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

When you are in a child worldspace it replaces the cells of the parent worldspace for the uGridsToLoad 5x5 cells around the player.

Type tll in the console to toggle LOD off to clearly see how far the loaded cells reach. Bethesda did not add (m)any full model references with past the walls for performance/memory reasons.

Since loaded cells do not show LOD, they are not the concern of LOD generators.

DynDOLOD Resources includes patches for Whiterun and Solitude to add a few things but nothing for Riften and not any trees.

That's understandable, it's just a bit odd that regular LODs work but Ultra LODs don't show anything. Thanks for clarifying.

11 minutes ago, Thaumatarge said:

That's understandable, it's just a bit odd that regular LODs work but Ultra LODs don't show anything. Thanks for clarifying.

Standard tree LOD is not disabled in the active cells of child worlds, which is an engine bug/limitation.

Hi Sheson,

I vaguely remember reading on the forums somewhere about a xEdit script you made for large reference errors? If so, where can I find that? I (finally) noticed that some mods I created have large reference errors so I would like to correct them.

Thanks in advance :)

4 hours ago, Thaumatarge said:

Just chiming in on a point: Unticking 'Ultra' gives you "Traditional Tree LOD", which is the vanilla system using one simple diffuse billboard (also created by TexGen I think) and mapped to coordinates. You can still have billboard trees if you tick Ultra. They are just projected onto a simple, flat-plane model in object LOD just like the "3D trees". I always tell people that they are both essentially the same thing but for how simple/complex the models are. Most tree models are low poly trunks with flat, planar branches (or curled ones) showing pictures of branches/leaves. The DynDOLOD Billboard# trees are exactly the same but go a step further by making the whole tree flat in 2-4 planes with pictures of trunk/branches/leaves. So in my opinion, they are both 3D trees and traditional tree LOD is 2D trees ... but I digress :coffee:

Sheson will shoot me down where I am wrong ...

47 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Hi Sheson,

I vaguely remember reading on the forums somewhere about a xEdit script you made for large reference errors? If so, where can I find that? I (finally) noticed that some mods I created have large reference errors so I would like to correct them.

Thanks in advance :)

Large reference bugs triggered by ESP overwriting large reference can not be fixed by a script. The overwrite need to be in a ESM flagged plugin instead if possible.

There is a script Skyrim SE - Generate Large References.pas (get latest version from https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/tree/dev-4.1.5/Build/Edit Scripts) included with xEdit to make new references which are added by ESM flagged plugins large references. It's main purpose is for new worlds mods for example

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Just chiming in on a point: Unticking 'Ultra' gives you "Traditional Tree LOD", which is the vanilla system using one simple diffuse billboard (also created by TexGen I think) and mapped to coordinates. You can still have billboard trees if you tick Ultra. They are just projected onto a simple, flat-plane model in object LOD just like the "3D trees". I always tell people that they are both essentially the same thing but for how simple/complex the models are. Most tree models are low poly trunks with flat, planar branches (or curled ones) showing pictures of branches/leaves. The DynDOLOD Billboard# trees are exactly the same but go a step further by making the whole tree flat in 2-4 planes with pictures of trunk/branches/leaves. So in my opinion, they are both 3D trees and traditional tree LOD is 2D trees ... but I digress :coffee:

Sheson will shoot me down where I am wrong ...

This is case is a bit different.

As we know tree LOD does not unload in child words. In the case of Riften (and also Solitude) it happens that a few stuck LOD trees that are just past the walls are not immediately perceived as a bug since in the child world no tree full model is placed, so there is no overlap.

Object LOD unloads properly also in child worlds, so ultra tree LOD - billboard or 3D - does not accidentally show those trees and they might be correctly perceived as missing.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is case is a bit different.

As we know tree LOD does not unload in child words. In the case of Riften (and also Solitude) it happens that a few stuck LOD trees that are just past the walls are not immediately perceived as a bug since in the child world no tree full model is placed, so there is no overlap.

Object LOD unloads properly also in child worlds, so ultra tree LOD - billboard or 3D - does not accidentally show those trees and they might be correctly perceived as missing.

I think I may understand the issue now. Let me test it: Trees in object lod *.bto just outside the walls of the child world unload properly (from player perspective inside child worlds and looking out --so player doesn't see these  trees when inside Riften/Solitude) but traditional tree LOD does not unload and player sees them while inside the child world? Then this makes the player think that LOD isn't working correctly since it's inconsistent from inside the child world?