DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

I'm also not able to auto-zip the output with the recent update. No biggy I can do it manually, but still.

Last update made the purple square go away, and I didn't find any new ones, from going around in the world a bit. Didn't experience any CTDs either, after rescaling the bark textures that were in a wrong resolution.

Changing uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in prefsini helped somewhat with the zfighting, no I don't get it in most buildings or bridges, mostly in some water edges.

On 3/6/2022 at 1:37 AM, TheDude said:

Hi Sheson, I seem unable to "Zip and save" the Texgen-output-files using the latest Alpha v-76. Not a big deal but maybe theres something you could take a look at?

Log files and bugreport: https://ufile.io/f/d54o3

From the end of the debug_log:

[08:29] Removing temporary files
[08:30] TexGen completed successfully
[08:30] Exit TexGen, zip and exit, check log or restart?
[08:39] User says "Zip & Exit"
[08:39] Creating D:\Mods\DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 76\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\TexGen_Output.zip
[08:45] <Error: Item not found while processing Archive>
[08:45] <Error: File not found D:\Mods\DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 76\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\TexGen_Output.zip>
[00:00] Closing files

Thanks for detailed report with logs. Bug is fixed is Alpha-77.

On 3/6/2022 at 3:40 AM, Carbonized said:

I'm also not able to auto-zip the output with the recent update. No biggy I can do it manually, but still.

Last update made the purple square go away, and I didn't find any new ones, from going around in the world a bit. Didn't experience any CTDs either, after rescaling the bark textures that were in a wrong resolution.

Changing uLargeRefLODGridSize=5 in prefsini helped somewhat with the zfighting, no I don't get it in most buildings or bridges, mostly in some water edges.

DynDOLOD does not do any terrain or water LOD.

Use xLODGen to generate higher resolution terrain LOD meshes and with better defined coast lines for the higher LOD levels with the "optimize  unseen" option.

Appreciate the help, Sheson. After running DynDOLOD and SSELODGen everything in the game looks mostly alright and with nice long distance visuals.

I only have one problem cropping up now. Somehow, in the middle distance, my waterfalls freeze up and become unmoving LODs. If I'm up closer, they unfreeze and move, and if I move even farther back, they also unfreeze. But somehow there seems to be a band out in the middle distance where waterfalls always freeze up. I thought DynDOLOD always made waterfall LODs dynamic, no matter the distance? The esp is at the far bottom of my LO, and the output is overwriting everything else too. I captured the bug on these images: https://imgur.com/a/jqBztGj you can see the middle waterfall is darker and frozen, but when I move farther back, it unfreezes again. I can do this with all the waterfalls I find.

Any idea what's going on here?

1 hour ago, Carbonized said:

Appreciate the help, Sheson. After running DynDOLOD and SSELODGen everything in the game looks mostly alright and with nice long distance visuals.

I only have one problem cropping up now. Somehow, in the middle distance, my waterfalls freeze up and become unmoving LODs. If I'm up closer, they unfreeze and move, and if I move even farther back, they also unfreeze. But somehow there seems to be a band out in the middle distance where waterfalls always freeze up. I thought DynDOLOD always made waterfall LODs dynamic, no matter the distance? The esp is at the far bottom of my LO, and the output is overwriting everything else too. I captured the bug on these images: https://imgur.com/a/jqBztGj you can see the middle waterfall is darker and frozen, but when I move farther back, it unfreezes again. I can do this with all the waterfalls I find.

Any idea what's going on here?

By default the max distance for animated LOD waterfalls is defined by the Far Grids setting. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Dynamic-LOD

Hi Sheson,

Thanks for your time guiding us through LOD generation. I used alpha-74 to generate LODs and I'm getting stuck LODs - LODs are loading near me. I'm also getting incorrectly loaded textures. I've attached two images. First has an aspen tree that looks like billboard/LOD object. Second has an incorrectly loaded texture in a fort where I can "pass through" the "ceiling" (when there should be an opening). Do you think this is related to stuck LOD issue or is this memory issue or something entirely out of scope? I am also sometimes not able to see any LOD objects in some loads.

ScreenShot291-resized.png

ScreenShot298-resized.png

Edited by jkp993

21 minutes ago, jkp993 said:

Hi Sheson,

Thanks for your time guiding us through LOD generation. I used alpha-74 to generate LODs and I'm getting stuck LODs - LODs are loading near me. I'm also getting incorrectly loaded textures. I've attached two images. First has an aspen tree that looks like billboard/LOD object. Second has an incorrectly loaded texture in a fort where I can "pass through" the "ceiling" (when there should be an opening). Do you think this is related to stuck LOD issue or is this memory issue or something entirely out of scope? I am also sometimes not able to see any LOD objects in some loads.

ScreenShot291-resized.png

ScreenShot298-resized.png

See the first post which log and debug log to upload then making posts.

See answers for "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells" at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ 
This typically happens because the load order of plugins changed after generating tree LOD.

Object, tree or terrain LOD it can be toggled off by typing tll in console.
If something is a loaded reference, then clicking on it with the console shows a form id (or more information with More Informative Console). (There are exceptions, sometimes references do not react to clicks, for example when they have been swapped with SKSE plugin like seasons or if their owning cell is in a child/parent worldspace)

1 hour ago, sheson said:

See the first post which log and debug log to upload then making posts.

See answers for "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells" at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ 
This typically happens because the load order of plugins changed after generating tree LOD.

Object, tree or terrain LOD it can be toggled off by typing tll in console.
If something is a loaded reference, then clicking on it with the console shows a form id (or more information with More Informative Console). (There are exceptions, sometimes references do not react to clicks, for example when they have been swapped with SKSE plugin like seasons or if their owning cell is in a child/parent worldspace)

I'm sorry for the delay in my reply. Yes tll was able to hide the low-res trees as well as objects rendering near me. So I guess they must be LODs. I'm attaching a link with 7z archive that has some more example screenshots and dyndolod and texgen logs as mentioned in the first post.

https://ufile.io/1g4hwnn8

33 minutes ago, jkp993 said:

I'm sorry for the delay in my reply. Yes tll was able to hide the low-res trees as well as objects rendering near me. So I guess they must be LODs. I'm attaching a link with 7z archive that has some more example screenshots and dyndolod and texgen logs as mentioned in the first post.

https://ufile.io/1g4hwnn8

Since you generated ultra tree LOD, forget the FAQ entry about standard tree LOD billboards showing in active cells.

Do you have the INI setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.INI or SkyrimCustom.INI or a mod INI in the data folder?

Test with default INIs and new game (coc whiterun from main menu console is sufficient).

Can you describe if this is 100% reproducible and how it happens?

Unrelated: 
Do not install any 3rd party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.
Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC and antivir.
Update MO2.

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

Since you generated ultra tree LOD, forget the FAQ entry about standard tree LOD billboards showing in active cells.

Do you have the INI setting uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.INI or SkyrimCustom.INI or a mod INI in the data folder?

Test with default INIs and new game.

Can you describe if this is 100% reproducible and how it happens?

Unrelated: 
Do not install any 3rd party billboards. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.
Do not install the game into special Windows folder like Program Files x86 to avoid issues with UAC and antivir.
Update MO2.

Yes that solved it! Removed that setting from skyrim.ini and skyrimcustom.ini. Thank you so much! Also, one minor help - do you know how to increase the dimensions of LOD16? The aspen tree LOD16 casts dark shadows on itself when ENB is on because its LOD16 model is like 4 rectangles. I'd like to know how to improve this LOD object. I'm attaching screenshots here for reference (with ENB and without ENB). I'm using aspens ablaze (Aspens Ablaze at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)) as well as the 3D LOD model supplement for aspens ablaze (Aspens Ablaze Add-On - DynDOLOD 3 at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)). I'm using Billboard4/Billboard4/Billboard1 as the rules for 'tree' and 'treeaspen'

ScreenShot305-resized.png

ScreenShot306-resized.png

Edited by jkp993

19 minutes ago, jkp993 said:

Yes that solved it! Removed that setting from skyrim.ini and skyrimcustom.ini. Thank you so much! Also, one minor help - do you know how to increase the dimensions of LOD16? The aspen tree LOD16 casts dark shadows on itself when ENB is on because its LOD16 model is like 4 rectangles. I'd like to know how to improve this LOD object. I'm attaching screenshots here for reference (with ENB and without ENB).

ScreenShot305-resized.png

ScreenShot306-resized.png

uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 only seems to work without issue if object LOD Level 32 files exist. You can generate them with DynDOLOD (without LOD for trees or with) if desired for some reason.

I believe you mean LOD Level 4, the nearest right after the loaded cells, based on the screenshots.

To make that tree LOD look and work better with the ENB distance shadow you would need to use 3D tree LOD, e.g. make sure 3D tree LOD models are available for the tree mods you have installed and set Level0 for LOD Level 4 for the "tree" mesh mask rule.

Since you are using Billboard4 right now, set TreeFullFallBack=4 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so in case a 3D tree LOD model does not exist it falls back to that Billboard4 again.

Wow. TexGen 3 Alpha 76 completes in < 2 minutes on our WIP Step mod list --essentially the same as we've always had. It used to take about 12-15 minutes to run with all of these options on this mod list:

image.png

Now I need to update to Alpha 77, so will report if any diffs.

EDIT: exact same outcome with Alpha 77. Great!

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 only seems to work without issue if object LOD Level 32 files exist. You can generate them with DynDOLOD (without LOD for trees or with) if desired for some reason.

I believe you mean LOD Level 4, the nearest right after the loaded cells, based on the screenshots.

To make that tree LOD look and work better with the ENB distance shadow you would need to use 3D tree LOD, e.g. make sure 3D tree LOD models are available for the tree mods you have installed and set Level0 for LOD Level 4 for the "tree" mesh mask rule.

Since you are using Billboard4 right now, set TreeFullFallBack=4 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini so in case a 3D tree LOD model does not exist it falls back to that Billboard4 again.

Thank you so much! I will try out your suggestions!

Trying to generate LOD with the latest release, I got this error message:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Executing LODGenx64.exe returned error code E0434352.

[Content]
"G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Test.txt" --logfile "G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt".

Check the file G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt for additional information.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Here are the relevant files (I hope).

https://ufile.io/f/do0q2

In case this helps at all... I had one bad texture so I tried a clean install of everything (wiped and re-downloaded SSE, Downgraded, etc).  Probably should have just left well enough alone...

29 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

Trying to generate LOD with the latest release, I got this error message:

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Executing LODGenx64.exe returned error code E0434352.

[Content]
"G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe" --inputfile "G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Test.txt" --logfile "G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt".

Check the file G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt for additional information.

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Here are the relevant files (I hope).

https://ufile.io/f/do0q2

In case this helps at all... I had one bad texture so I tried a clean install of everything (wiped and re-downloaded SSE, Downgraded, etc).  Probably should have just left well enough alone...

Do what the message says: "Check the file G:\DynDOLOD folder\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Test_log.txt for additional information."

You didn't upload that log file.

If it doesn't say anything concrete check the windows event log.

You might need to update/reinstall/repair .Net Framework to the latest version
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework

I have encountered an "OpenGL: Out of Memory" error, one that has never happened before. I encountered this error in Alpha 77, prior to this I used Alpha 74. I have only ran into this error after I reduced the quality of the LODs, as prior to reducing the quality, I didn't run in to an "error" I ran in to my computer practically crashing. I assume there might be a memory leak with LODGEN? I will happily provide any logs necessary, but I do not know how useful they would be.