DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, darksynth0 said:

Hi!

The new dyn reources alpha 10 update , I see some meshes/texutres are new (and they are really good), however, I see in alpha 9 there are some files absent in alpha 10, and I mean a lot of it, is this something I should worry about (maybe like use both with 10 overwriting 9), or I should not care, it's not suggested?

Certain things may [...] change considerably between versions.
Files that are no longer required have been removed, others have been added.

Read the first post and/or the included documentation (DynDOLOD_QuickStart.html) for requirements and installation instructions.
The first post states that Alpha-10 of the DynDOLOD Resources is required. Quickstart explains to always use the latest versions available, so same thing.
The instructions do not omit any steps or requirements. Do not install or use outdated archives or files. Just use the latest of everything as explained.

I keep getting an error that simply says "Item not found" with the "Help for his message" link that brings me to a page that just says "A problem occured that does not have a specific help page".

Using the newest DynDOLOD 3 alpha version that was just updated, as well as the newest DynDOLOD Resources for v3.

bugreport.txt

Hopefully that's enough because pastebin says the other 2 files were too big unless I upgrade to Pro, which I'm not interested in.

I'm using the latest DynDOLOD 3.0 (with resources) from the Misc files section of the DynDOLOD Nexus page. The first two times I ran it, it crashed with invalid form ID errors, which I have since fixed. Now however it just hangs around at 0% CPU usage right after the Generating Object LOD message. Is there anything I should do to debug this? The Debug log shows some records being processed, but the output folder has nothing yet around 30 minutes later.

10 minutes ago, Xgatt said:

I'm using the latest DynDOLOD 3.0 (with resources) from the Misc files section of the DynDOLOD Nexus page. The first two times I ran it, it crashed with invalid form ID errors, which I have since fixed. Now however it just hangs around at 0% CPU usage right after the Generating Object LOD message. Is there anything I should do to debug this? The Debug log shows some records being processed, but the output folder has nothing yet around 30 minutes later.

I would check the process/event viewer and/or wait another 10. Then look for bugreport.txt in install folder and/or post what logs you have.

Then I would try running with minimal mods or just vanilla to get a baseline on your system while waiting for a response.

6 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I would check the process/event viewer and/or wait another 10. Then look for bugreport.txt in install folder and/or post what logs you have.

Then I would try running with minimal mods or just vanilla to get a baseline on your system while waiting for a response.

Thanks, will give that a shot.

Just reporting an issue with the DynDOLOD 3, Alpha 34, related to the UI.  When adding a new rule (right click > insert) in the "Mesh and Reference rules" section of the Advanced window, the last line gets pushed down (as expected), but you cannot scroll down to see it.  Adding further rules continues to push the last line further down, out of sight.  At first I thought it was removing or overwriting the rule that you happen to be right clicking on, but if you remove a rule, it brings the hidden line back up and it's viewable again.  This does not happen in Alpha 33.

As a side note, I'm also getting the "Item not found" error that RockGodOne and verrik are reporting, which was introduced (for me) in Alpha 34.  This issue is not present when generating LODs in Alpha 33 (which I've reverted back to for now).  I'll consider posting logs for that, if I get a chance, but for now I really just wanted to mention the UI thing.

Edited by xcal68
clarity

Thanks author(s) of this mod for the most recent update.

I recently updated DynDOLOD from the last available alpha version to the most recent 3.00 Alpha 34 version that is made available on NexusMods; however, when I run DynDOLOD again for SSE, I encountered the issue as can be seen in the attached screenshot; after clicking "Help for this message" and read through the documentation, I am a bit confused because the mod in question ("Away - Come Away") is already present before I upgrade DynDOLOD and I remembered during my last generation process with an earlier version I did not run into this issue, so I am curious is this due to the changes in DynDOLOD (I did not spot anything obvious that could lead to this issue in the changelog)?

Edit: Never mind, I should have asked in the forum section of the related mod rather than here, I think the quest trigger is bugged for that mod but previous alpha version of DynDOLOD is not detecting it.

Unresolved Form ID.png

Edited by PuzzledByte

24 minutes ago, xcal68 said:

Just reporting an issue with the DynDOLOD 3, Alpha 34, related to the UI.  When adding a new rule (right click > insert) in the "Mesh and Reference rules" section of the Advanced window, the last line gets pushed down (as expected), but you cannot scroll down to see it.  Adding further rules continues to push the last line further down, out of sight.  At first I thought it was removing or overwriting the rule that you happen to be right clicking on, but if you remove a rule, it brings the hidden line back up and it's viewable again.  This does not happen in Alpha 33.

As a side note, I'm also getting the "Item not found" error that RockGodOne and verrik are reporting, which was introduced (for me) in Alpha 34.  This issue is not present when generating LODs in Alpha 33 (which I've reverted back to for now).  I'll consider posting logs for that, if I get a chance, but for now I really just wanted to mention the UI thing.

I'm also getting the Item not found error. Wasn't present in Alpha 33. I can't revert to the previous version as I deleted it. Can't figure out what's causing it.

Maybe better to ask here. Hey Sheson, for some reason, sometimes but not all the time I get error EO434352. I have no idea what the problem is. It popped up once saying it was unable to create LODGEN for Tameriel, except it*did generate everything, including the Textures, Meshes, and plug-ins. I just recently selected “execute LODGEN“ to update grass color, and it only gave me meshes. Would I want to rebuild atlas? It only gives me very vague things to troubleshoot, like checking Microsoft visual, which I definitely have otherwise nothing would work
It seems the only time I can get around it is when freshly installing. I added it to my ignore list for Norton, but I don’t see that being the issue since I don’t get any pop up or warning.

After searching,found the DL link you shared for LODGGen. I'm trying v34 first, as I was on 33, but will use if no dice

Okay, now it wont even fully run forr dyndolod.exe. I'm getting errors for example that tundrabend01 and its lod "not matching"  (only touched by MM, and it & its lod which win all conflicts) along w/ missing bruma stuff (even when disabling bruma's worldspace in ignore ini), before saying "missimg items" and simply stopping. Never had these issues w/v33

Edited by EazyH

12 hours ago, RockGodOne said:

I keep getting an error that simply says "Item not found" with the "Help for his message" link that brings me to a page that just says "A problem occured that does not have a specific help page".

Using the newest DynDOLOD 3 alpha version that was just updated, as well as the newest DynDOLOD Resources for v3.

bugreport.txt

Hopefully that's enough because pastebin says the other 2 files were too big unless I upgrade to Pro, which I'm not interested in.

Fix file/texture not found errors.

Zip and upload the logs to include in reports to a file service. The debug log is always just the last process. You can truncate the other log to the LOD generation with the error.

10 hours ago, Xgatt said:

What do you mean DynDOLOD crashed with invalid form ID errors? Was there no proper error message with detailed explanation of what the error in the load order is and with a "help for this message" link?

In case you can not find a plugin/mod causing this, close the program via the X top right, it will prompt a message about incomplete LOD, so acknowledge that and then wait. It should close within a few seconds while it writes the logs. Then upload the logs as explained on the first post.

8 hours ago, Selfishmonkey said:

I'm also getting the Item not found error. Wasn't present in Alpha 33. I can't revert to the previous version as I deleted it. Can't figure out what's causing it.

Read the first post what log files to include when making reports.

8 hours ago, EazyH said:

Maybe better to ask here. Hey Sheson, for some reason, sometimes but not all the time I get error EO434352. I have no idea what the problem is. It popped up once saying it was unable to create LODGEN for Tameriel, except it*did generate everything, including the Textures, Meshes, and plug-ins. I just recently selected “execute LODGEN“ to update grass color, and it only gave me meshes. Would I want to rebuild atlas? It only gives me very vague things to troubleshoot, like checking Microsoft visual, which I definitely have otherwise nothing would work
It seems the only time I can get around it is when freshly installing. I added it to my ignore list for Norton, but I don’t see that being the issue since I don’t get any pop up or warning.

After searching,found the DL link you shared for LODGGen. I'm trying v34 first, as I was on 33, but will use if no dice

Okay, now it wont even fully run forr dyndolod.exe. I'm getting errors for example that tundrabend01 and its lod "not matching"  (only touched by MM, and it & its lod which win all conflicts) along w/ missing bruma stuff (even when disabling bruma's worldspace in ignore ini), before saying "missimg items" and simply stopping. Never had these issues w/v33

Always use the latest available version.

Read the first post what log files to include when making reports.

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

See instructions and links at top of this page

It's still too big for paste.ee too. The log file is 1.6MB and the debug log is 1.2MB. Paste.ee only allows 1MB and pastebin only allows 0.5MB.

Since others have reported the same error tho, maybe it'll get fixed with logs they can share.

2 hours ago, RockGodOne said:

It's still too big for paste.ee too. The log file is 1.6MB and the debug log is 1.2MB. Paste.ee only allows 1MB and pastebin only allows 0.5MB.

Since others have reported the same error tho, maybe it'll get fixed with logs they can share.

Zip and upload the logs to include in reports to a file service. The debug log is always just the last process. You can truncate the other log to the LOD generation with the error.