DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

56 minutes ago, Abbot said:

PROBLEMS: Anise's Cabin's LOD isn't generated, looking at it from the Guardian Stones all that the player can see is just a skeleton (literally) of the cabin. For the LADY STONE and the associated nearby "dolomites" (in the middle of Lake Ilinalta): the transition between LODs and full objects is very visible. Running towards the Stone, it briefly disappears completely (as LOD) before re-appearing (as full object).

Both this problems are NOT present in DynDOLOD v2.96.

NOTE: I've generated Dyndolod 3 Alpha with Dyndolod v. 2.88's Resources.

Read the first post what log files to include when making posts.

Hello Sheson,

Sorry, I've never heard of Pastebin or "file service" before and now Pastebin is telling me that I've exceeded 512 Kb (those were the reasons why I didn't post the files :P )

Would it be the same if I copy-paste the files' content in here, maybe at a rate of one file per post?

Or maybe I could attach the files to my next post?

57 minutes ago, Abbot said:

Hello Sheson,

Sorry, I've never heard of Pastebin or "file service" before and now Pastebin is telling me that I've exceeded 512 Kb (those were the reasons why I didn't post the files :P )

Would it be the same if I copy-paste the files' content in here, maybe at a rate of one file per post?

Or maybe I could attach the files to my next post?

Truncate large logs to last meaningful session(s). Split large logs into several pastebins or zip logfiles and  upload to a file service, like google drive, dropbox, mega etc.

Well, I honestly don't know how to upload DynDOLOD_TES5_Debug_log.txt . The file is 40 Mb big and I would rather not make 80 pastebins. It seems that the whole text pertains to ONE single session (the relevant one), also.

Sheson, can you surmise something from the two files I posted?

Thank you very much for everything in any case.

Edited by Abbot

1 hour ago, Abbot said:

Ok, here are the first two files:

DynDOLOD_TES5_log.txt

https://pastebin.com/JWdu7Myi

LODGen_TES5_Tamriel_log.txt

https://pastebin.com/FdrAnjEu

And I'm working on uploading DynDOLOD_TES5_Debug_log.txt

There's no "bugreport" file.

Check if a mod replaces
textures\dungeons\ships\shiproof01.dds
textures\dungeons\ships\shipwoodside01.dds
Use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) to find all containers for a file including BSA.

Make sure TexGen generated stitched object LOD textures without errors. Especially
textures\lod\shiproof01lod.dds
textures\lod\shiplod.dds

Make sure nothing overwrites the output of TexGen.

Check if a mod overwrites the references or any of their base records of the (wall?)  pieces that seem to be missing or might have transparent LOD textures.

Permanently delete whatever "dyndolod glowing double windows fix attempt.esp" is.

Fix or permanently remove Blacksmith Chests.esp that has all the HITMEs errors.
HITME stands for HIgher Than Master Entry.
This message is printed by the internal xEdit error check.
The first two bytes of the internal FormID refer to a non existing index of the Master Files list on the File Header record for the plugin.
This means it can not be determined if the record is an overwrite (and which master plugin it belongs to) or if the record is added as a master record by the plugin itself.
This can happen when entries are forcible removed from the Master Files list for example.
In case the plugin is a the result of using a merge tool, it might be possible to fix it by loading and saving the plugin in CK or xEdit.
In most other cases the plugin is most likely broken beyond automatic repair.

DynDOLOD 2.x/3.x does not change how the engine or LOD works. Typically the game loads all full models first and then unloads object LOD. If memory is tight it is possible that the displaying of full models coming into view is delayed and they obviously fade in way after the fact.

If problem persists make a screenshot of the LOD for the cabin area.

Hey folks, I was having an issue getting LOD to match when switching to brown tundra Cathedral Landscapes (Admittedly I’m using Northern Cathedral Grass, but I don’t think it touches the tundra much.). I usually use green tundra, and lowering the Shadows was always enough to get a consistent green LOD to match the tundra. However after running a new grass cache, new TexGen, etc, my LOD in the tundra was still green rather than brown. Tried adjusting ambient in TexGen window and shadows in DynDOLODsse_ini , and could only really get variations of the green. Any idea what the issue may be? Admittedly, I don’t see a tundra grass in TexGen, and unsure if there *should* be

4 hours ago, Abbot said:

Well, I honestly don't know how to upload DynDOLOD_TES5_Debug_log.txt . The file is 40 Mb big and I would rather not make 80 pastebins. It seems that the whole text pertains to ONE single session (the relevant one), also.

Sheson, can you surmise something from the two files I posted?

Thank you very much for everything in any case.

If you look closely at each log file and the timestamps inside, you will see that they consist of multiple logs from multiple runs. You only need to post the relevant run logs. Alternatively, delete all logs and run again, but that obviously isn't necessary. I generally delete/move my logs between runs to avoid having to parse them.

Also see sheson's previous post.

2 hours ago, EazyH said:

Hey folks, I was having an issue getting LOD to match when switching to brown tundra Cathedral Landscapes (Admittedly I’m using Northern Cathedral Grass, but I don’t think it touches the tundra much.). I usually use green tundra, and lowering the Shadows was always enough to get a consistent green LOD to match the tundra. However after running a new grass cache, new TexGen, etc, my LOD in the tundra was still green rather than brown. Tried adjusting ambient in TexGen window and shadows in DynDOLODsse_ini , and could only really get variations of the green. Any idea what the issue may be? Admittedly, I don’t see a tundra grass in TexGen, and unsure if there *should* be

Read the first post carefully.

AFAIK Green Tundra Patch affects textures used by grass (and thus by grass LOD) and terrain and thus terrain LOD.

If only textures are changed there is no need to updated grass cache.
If only grass textures are changed there is no change to any grass NIF. Just running TexGen to update grass billboards and stitched object LOD textures, then running DynDOLOD in expert mode to updated the texture atlas might be enough. If then object LOD in the game looks to be using wrong textures, then Executing LODGen in DynDOLOD expert mode should be enough to update LOD meshes with the new object LOD texture atlas positions.

You will also have to update terrain LOD for the changed landscape textures to take effect, unless you are using the pre-made terrain LOD textures I suppose.

6 hours ago, sheson said:

Check if a mod replaces
textures\dungeons\ships\shiproof01.dds
textures\dungeons\ships\shipwoodside01.dds
Use xEdit Asset Browser (CTRL+F3) to find all containers for a file including BSA.

Make sure TexGen generated stitched object LOD textures without errors. Especially
textures\lod\shiproof01lod.dds
textures\lod\shiplod.dds

Make sure nothing overwrites the output of TexGen.

Check if a mod overwrites the references or any of their base records of the (wall?)  pieces that seem to be missing or might have transparent LOD textures.

Permanently delete whatever "dyndolod glowing double windows fix attempt.esp" is.

Fix or permanently remove Blacksmith Chests.esp that has all the HITMEs errors.
HITME stands for HIgher Than Master Entry.
This message is printed by the internal xEdit error check.
The first two bytes of the internal FormID refer to a non existing index of the Master Files list on the File Header record for the plugin.
This means it can not be determined if the record is an overwrite (and which master plugin it belongs to) or if the record is added as a master record by the plugin itself.
This can happen when entries are forcible removed from the Master Files list for example.
In case the plugin is a the result of using a merge tool, it might be possible to fix it by loading and saving the plugin in CK or xEdit.
In most other cases the plugin is most likely broken beyond automatic repair.

DynDOLOD 2.x/3.x does not change how the engine or LOD works. Typically the game loads all full models first and then unloads object LOD. If memory is tight it is possible that the displaying of full models coming into view is delayed and they obviously fade in way after the fact.

If problem persists make a screenshot of the LOD for the cabin area.

I checked everything and removed Blacksmith Chests.esp, but the problem is sadly not solved :(

Nothing overrides textures and they were correctly generated.

anomaly Anise Cabin.bmp

1 hour ago, Abbot said:

I checked everything and removed Blacksmith Chests.esp, but the problem is sadly not solved :(

Nothing overrides textures and they were correctly generated.

anomaly Anise Cabin.bmp 895.13 kB · 3 downloads

Use tfc to make a better screenshot of the full model and LOD cabin.

Have you checked if a plugin changes the references or the base records of the cabin?

Thanks folks. Your settings are a bit different from the ones I found before that mentioned halving direct and ambient settings. I do typically adjust the RBG settings for top and bottom shadows, but that’s usually all I’ve had to do. Let me take a look at my most recent LOD, and if it’s too off, I’ll definitely be running it back with some of these settings

1 hour ago, EazyH said:

https://imgur.com/pi1EfFy

Used your settings and got this unfortunately

Yeah, but our settings work nicely for Cathedral Landscapes. See sheson's post about grass textures/models in addition to modifying the RGB values for your needs (more red/green and less blue possibly to get a better match to the brown grasses).

Looks like you have dark green grass in foreground, brown in short distance (LOD4?) and then light green farther out (LOD8?). Play with your LOD level distance settings to help determine what's what. You can do this without regenerating LOD. Seems like you have some strange contrasts and possibly some conflicting grasses that are defined in parts of the same area.

You can also regen LOD using red 0.5 and blue/green = 0 to get an idea of the affected areas (LOD grass).

Also, if grass model object bounds are not set, you will not get LOD for those grasses. Check the grass plugins you are using. Possibly simplify your grass setup.