DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

9 hours ago, sheson said:

I made a different attempt at blending an average background color for textures where it is black. Hopefully it doesn't have unwanted side effects this time.

Thanks for this. I just tried it out and it looks like it does the job on the trees you stated it would work on. Will there be an INI edit in the future to disable this added feature to return to how it operated before in case I get permission from the mod author one day?

7 hours ago, User77111 said:

Thanks for this. I just tried it out and it looks like it does the job on the trees you stated it would work on. Will there be an INI edit in the future to disable this added feature to return to how it operated before in case I get permission from the mod author one day?

This only applies to textures with entire black transparent background. If they are fixed - in this case the textures Simplygon produces are kept as is - nothing is done anyways.

Hi all.  I'm having trouble getting TexGenx64.exe to run through MO2 on a new Windows 11 PC.  It starts up then hangs after the line that reads:

Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\[My Name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt

About one try in 10 it will progress slightly further and hang after the line that reads:

Game: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe, Version 1.6.1130, Date: 2023-12-25 11:00:33

No log files have been created since it never actually errors out.  It just sits there with 0% CPU and Memory Usage remaining constant.  SSEEdit, BodySlide, SSELODGen and the ACMOS Road Generator all run normally.  I have Alpha 164 of DynDOLOD and Alpha 47 of DynDOLOD Resources SE installed.  I've added exceptions to my anti-virus.  I tried running it with the anti-virus shut down.  I've checked that all the requirements are there.  Reinstalled/enabled/repaired .Net 3.5, 4.8, 6, and 8, and all the various MS Visual C++ modules, both x86 and x64.  PapyrusUtil SE and DynDOLOD Resources SE are installed and active.  I've cleaned all plug-ins detected by LOOT as having issues.  I tried the x86 version.  I tried running it with MO2 and all the DynDOLOD executables set to run as administrator.  I also tried running them in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8.  None of the above seems to be the ticket.  It really feels like a file access issue but I'm at a loss to determine what's getting in the way.  I had no issues on my Windows 10 machine.  Any insight or steps to try would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Aelorien said:

Hi all.  I'm having trouble getting TexGenx64.exe to run through MO2 on a new Windows 11 PC.  It starts up then hangs after the line that reads:

Loading active plugin list: C:\Users\[My Name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\Plugins.txt

About one try in 10 it will progress slightly further and hang after the line that reads:

Game: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe, Version 1.6.1130, Date: 2023-12-25 11:00:33

No log files have been created since it never actually errors out.  It just sits there with 0% CPU and Memory Usage remaining constant.  SSEEdit, BodySlide, SSELODGen and the ACMOS Road Generator all run normally.  I have Alpha 164 of DynDOLOD and Alpha 47 of DynDOLOD Resources SE installed.  I've added exceptions to my anti-virus.  I tried running it with the anti-virus shut down.  I've checked that all the requirements are there.  Reinstalled/enabled/repaired .Net 3.5, 4.8, 6, and 8, and all the various MS Visual C++ modules, both x86 and x64.  PapyrusUtil SE and DynDOLOD Resources SE are installed and active.  I've cleaned all plug-ins detected by LOOT as having issues.  I tried the x86 version.  I tried running it with MO2 and all the DynDOLOD executables set to run as administrator.  I also tried running them in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8.  None of the above seems to be the ticket.  It really feels like a file access issue but I'm at a loss to determine what's getting in the way.  I had no issues on my Windows 10 machine.  Any insight or steps to try would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload when making posts. Also continue to read it for:
The log and debug log are saved when the program shuts down. Do not interrupt the shut down process so it can write the log files. While the new log is appended to older logs, the debug log is replaced every time. Keep a copy somewhere else for future references if required.
If there are no logs or debug logs because the tool is being terminated prematurely, check the Windows Event log for related messages. Add RealTimeLog=1 under [TexGen] or [DynDOLOD] in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\[TexGen|DynDOLOD]_[GAME MODE].INI respectively. Then execute the tool again to generate a debug log in the Logs folder in real time and upload that.

"Loading active plugin list" and the background loader is xEdit code . If reading that file works in xEdit/xLODGen but not in TexGen or DynDOLOD, then it is most likely because of the OS, antivir or an other process blocking access. Check the MO2 file access logs for hints (might need to increase the log level). However, consider that it might have read the plugins.txt and then has problems loading the plugins or anything else after that.

Remove/disable crapware installed with graphics drivers.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

This only applies to textures with entire black transparent background. If they are fixed - in this case the textures Simplygon produces are kept as is - nothing is done anyways.

Some tree leaves are thinned out to almost nothing if they have a fully black background. I am guessing mathy utilized the black backgrounds to act as a weight to the leaves.

Me being dumb just understood that I can edit each 3D tree LOD mesh, then run DynDOLOD, install the old meshes back and DynDOLOD would have picked up the edited ones and I wouldn't have to host the edited meshes on nexus for it to work.  

17 minutes ago, User77111 said:

Some tree leaves are thinned out to almost nothing if they have a fully black background. I am guessing mathy utilized the black backgrounds to act as a weight to the leaves.

Me being dumb just understood that I can edit each 3D tree LOD mesh, then run DynDOLOD, install the old meshes back and DynDOLOD would have picked up the edited ones and I wouldn't have to host the edited meshes on nexus for it to work.  

The transparent background being black or not has no effect on the alpha values of pixels or the alpha threshold set in the NIF, or for LOD being hardcoded to 128 in the engine.

Using modified LOD assets for LOD generation works (until a user generates LOD on their own). Typically there are not many occurances where LOD trees they are used directly.

On 8/5/2023 at 9:18 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which log and debug log to upload.

The entire content of the output folder is compressed with the official ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\7z64.dll once all output has been generated.
Mods should not in any way be able to affect this.

Make sure the drive has enough free space. Make sure UAC, anitvir are not interfering.

https://ufile.io/f/dbe2ghttps://ufile.io/f/819ih Not sure if I did this right. I have 1tb of space left this is an issue with creation club. I did a full Gamerpoets clean install Without CC addon, However five of them still come up. I extracted with 7 zip in my folder and read 1 error message CRC Failed meshes\terrain\objects\Tamriel.8-24-16bto. If I add the rest of the CC content I will get more. There was no summary messages. Also tried with antivirus off. Thanks

Just want to add, I know it will be wrong, but I went in to the extracted file found the above object.8-24-16bto and deleted it. I rezipped the file and it installed without error. It tells me nothing else is wrong. Thanks again.

Does the new DynDOLOD Resources and Program require the newest game version of Skyrim? I am running Skyrim 1.6.640, and, after updating everything to the newest versions, DynDOLOD is not initializing for me after running everything the same way I normally run it. The MCM is not even present in my MCM menu. 

I restored my old save and old DynDOLOD output (I made a back up) so have no issues right now and don't want to try to re-run DynDOLOD again. However, I do want to troubleshoot my original problem.

Here is how the Shrine of Boethiah looks on my map. I also see this same purple mesh mess in the distance in game.

is there any way to fix this without re-doing DynDOLOD entirely? I have no other issues with it. Thank you.

Edited by dnmt

6 hours ago, Spike2112 said:

https://ufile.io/f/dbe2ghttps://ufile.io/f/819ih Not sure if I did this right. I have 1tb of space left this is an issue with creation club. I did a full Gamerpoets clean install Without CC addon, However five of them still come up. I extracted with 7 zip in my folder and read 1 error message CRC Failed meshes\terrain\objects\Tamriel.8-24-16bto. If I add the rest of the CC content I will get more. There was no summary messages. Also tried with antivirus off. Thanks

Just want to add, I know it will be wrong, but I went in to the extracted file found the above object.8-24-16bto and deleted it. I rezipped the file and it installed without error. It tells me nothing else is wrong. Thanks again.

The link contains the TexGen log and debug log, while the issue you are having was with extracting the DynDOLOD.zip.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload.

DynDOLOD uses 7zip to create the zip file from the files generated to the output folder. If 7zip has problems on your hardware/OS, then you should troubleshoot that.

Do not use the Save & Zip button, instead use the Save button to not invoke 7zip. Then move the files from the output folder to a new MO2 mod folder. Or zip the output folder yourself for installing.

6 hours ago, dnmt said:

I restored my old save and old DynDOLOD output (I made a back up) so have no issues right now and don't want to try to re-run DynDOLOD again. However, I do want to troubleshoot my original problem.

Here is how the Shrine of Boethiah looks on my map. I also see this same purple mesh mess in the distance in game.

is there any way to fix this without re-doing DynDOLOD entirely? I have no other issues with it. Thank you.

I assume you do not have the old DynDOLOD logs anymore for that generation.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make a useful screenshot of the full model with more informative console. It will show the reference and full model being used, which might be helpful in further troubleshooting.

Open Meshes\Terrain\Objects\Tamriel.4.36.4.bto in NifSkope and click the statue so its BSSubIndexTriShape is marked in the Block List window, unfold it to see its BSLightingShaderProperty, unfold that to highlight the BSShaderTextureSet, then the Block Details list the used textures that are missing. Restore those textures.

2 hours ago, Drachenomics said:

Hi, got this error while running DynDoLod tonight. I'm kinda lost on what to do here.

As explained on the first post and https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Read-Log-and-Error-Messages, use the "Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message" to open https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Exceptions
Integer overflow
Always use the latest version of DynDOLOD/TexGen as explained above.
This is a bug with the tools encountering unexpected situations. Make a report with the log, debug log and bugreport.txt as explained on the official DynDOLOD support forum.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log, debug log and bugreport.txt to upload when making posts.

As explained on the first post and https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Copy-and-Paste-Text, if the option "Copy this message to clipboard" is available, copy and paste the text instead of posting a screenshot.