DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

I am at the end of my knowledge on how to solve this:

I have encountered a very strange behavior, but I can 100% reproduce it
What did I do (fist check after rerun DynDOLOD to see if everything works):
- Activate all plugins/mods inclusive DynDOLOD.esm - last master in loadorder and DynDOLOD.esp - last but one plugin (I also generated an Occlusion.esp, but it doesn't make a difference if this plugin is enabled/disabled)

- from mainmenu 'coc whiteriverwatchexterior03'

- via console and 'kill'-command kill the banditleader

This causes a 100% CTD,

BUT only if I have enabled at least the DynDOLOD.esm.

If I disabled both of the DynDOLOD Plugins (leave Occlusion.esp enabled) it doesn't give a CTD at this point.

I don't know if you have an idea what could cause this. I won't blame DynDOLOD per se, but it somehow helps to disable the DynDOLOD.esm (and therefore the DynDOLOD.esp).

Here you get all logfiles, because I don't know exactly what you need (DynDolod and TexGen logs, loadorder and so on .NetScriptFramework crashlogs - last ones doesn't seem to be related at all, but these occur only if I enable DynDOLOD.esm).

Logfiles

Maybe you have an idea what could causing this. I haven't have any ideas left, it could be an incompatibility, but I am not able to find it at this point.
I won't speak about loading my savegame, because there these crashes appear very random and are mostly pointing - concerning the .NetScriptFramework crashlogs - to a navmesh. (but these are always navmeshes of the cell I ran into the CTD...very inconsistent).

Edit:
I did the same procedure again, what was causing a 100% CTD before, but this time it didn't happen...I am completly lost now...

59 minutes ago, PRieST said:

This causes a 100% CTD

It's possible that by killing the bandit leader it exposes a bad mesh in some way. Find the mod that the bandit leader is in (e.g. from OBIS maybe?) and run the entire mod through CAO.

This banditleader is completely vanilla... baseID/record and refID/record aren't overwritten at all.

After the last try, where I couldn't force the CTD it didn't happen. One time the CTD occured after I used the 'fw 0010e1f0' command to get a clear weather. It's somehow random... and not...
I have no clue.

Edited by PRieST

Just used dyndolod alpha 30 with resources alpha 8 to regenerate the texgen/dyndolod LODs and had no errors. Things look great using EVT (large custom darker trees) and several other tree mods. I used HD trees option in texgen and Ultra trees option in dyndolod, with the following config for the 'trees' entry in the mesh list: Full / Level0 / Billboard1 / None / VWD / FarFull

I found I have to set the billboard brightness to at least -9 for the LODs to match. I'm using Re-engaged ENB. I'll even try -11 next time because the LODs are still too bright compared to the fulls.

Anyway, great job.

18 minutes ago, PRieST said:

This banditleader is completely vanilla... baseID/record and refID/record aren't overwritten at all.

Maybe his armor or weapons aren't though, have you run all your added armor/weapons mods through CAO? (I'm just guessing here because bad meshes are top on the causes of CTDs.)

EDIT: So I tried what you did and I was able to kill the bandit leader (Hajvarr Iron-Hand) without a CTD. He does drop a steel battleaxe... I looked at the nif of the battleaxe and there are 2 nifs for it, and both of them come from the mod "Believable Weapons" in my modlist. You might check to see what your weapons/armor are coming from and run them through CAO.

Edited by Glanzer

11 hours ago, PRieST said:

I am at the end of my knowledge on how to solve this:

I have encountered a very strange behavior, but I can 100% reproduce it
What did I do (fist check after rerun DynDOLOD to see if everything works):
- Activate all plugins/mods inclusive DynDOLOD.esm - last master in loadorder and DynDOLOD.esp - last but one plugin (I also generated an Occlusion.esp, but it doesn't make a difference if this plugin is enabled/disabled)

This causes a 100% CTD,

BUT only if I have enabled at least the DynDOLOD.esm.

If I disabled both of the DynDOLOD Plugins (leave Occlusion.esp enabled) it doesn't give a CTD at this point.

I don't know if you have an idea what could cause this. I won't blame DynDOLOD per se, but it somehow helps to disable the DynDOLOD.esm (and therefore the DynDOLOD.esp).

Here you get all logfiles, because I don't know exactly what you need (DynDolod and TexGen logs, loadorder and so on .NetScriptFramework crashlogs - last ones doesn't seem to be related at all, but these occur only if I enable DynDOLOD.esm).

Logfiles

Maybe you have an idea what could causing this. I haven't have any ideas left, it could be an incompatibility, but I am not able to find it at this point.
I won't speak about loading my savegame, because there these crashes appear very random and are mostly pointing - concerning the .NetScriptFramework crashlogs - to a navmesh. (but these are always navmeshes of the cell I ran into the CTD...very inconsistent).

Edit:
I did the same procedure again, what was causing a 100% CTD before, but this time it didn't happen...I am completly lost now...

On a quick glance at the crash logs this might be a problem with facial expressions. If adding just one plugin makes a difference, suspect resource issues of some kind, especially since DynDOLOD.esm is nowhere near doing anything to any characters related records. Maybe investigate plugins/mods overwriting 00013EE4 - if there are any...

First Topic

5 hours ago, sheson said:

On a quick glance at the crash logs this might be a problem with facial expressions. If adding just one plugin makes a difference, suspect resource issues of some kind, especially since DynDOLOD.esm is nowhere near doing anything to any characters related records. Maybe investigate plugins/mods overwriting 00013EE4 - if there are any...

Thanks for taking a look, unfortunatly I've found nothing behind that record - pure vanilla.
But it's getting even weirder. I change absolutly nothing, but today the CTD occur right after I went via 'coc whiteriverwatchexterior03' to that location (between after 5 - 10 seconds in the game). And the CTD crashlogs are absolutely random, I can't see anything which is related. Also this isn't 100%...it's more about every 3rd gamestart is without a CTD.

These are 5 examples:

https://pastebin.com/FhvgwqcN

https://pastebin.com/gvVLLkU8

https://pastebin.com/saRqKjW5

https://pastebin.com/K7p45i64

https://pastebin.com/zX1tm4Hr

I thought it's cause because some loading in the background failed, so I reverted back to EngineFixes 5.4.1 - no result. Disabling the MemoryManager and ScaleformAllocator options doesn't make any differences (both happens with 5.6.0 and 5.4.1). I'll still have to look into this. As I said before, I get many of these random CTD (mostly pointing to a navmesh of the cell where I am at the moment of the CTD). So this has to be with resources? But I just don't know how to look for these, because the crashlogs are pure random in my eyes.

Second Topic (Back to DynDOLOD)

One time the game didn't crash, I thought that I'll have a massive mountain texture flickering in very far distance, but I took a closer look and saw, that, depending on camera movement/angle, the mountain LODs are in front of the mountain fog or behind it and this is causing this flickering.

Could you do something about this?

3xkc5po6.jpg

pvmmswyw.jpg

dza9ugnj.jpg

Only change on these screenshot is a barely mouse movement. The fog itself isn't moving at all.

Edited by PRieST

25 minutes ago, PRieST said:

First Topic

Thanks for taking a look, unfortunatly I've found nothing behind that record - pure vanilla.
But it's getting even weirder. I change absolutly nothing, but today the CTD occur right after I went via 'coc whiteriverwatchexterior03' to that location (between after 5 - 10 seconds in the game). And the CTD crashlogs are absolutely random, I can't see anything which is related. Also this isn't 100%...it's more about every 3rd gamestart is without a CTD.

These are 5 examples:

https://pastebin.com/FhvgwqcN

https://pastebin.com/gvVLLkU8

https://pastebin.com/saRqKjW5

https://pastebin.com/K7p45i64

https://pastebin.com/zX1tm4Hr

I thought it's cause because some loading in the background failed, so I reverted back to EngineFixes 5.4.1 - no result. Disabling the MemoryManager and ScaleformAllocator options doesn't make any differences (both happens with 5.6.0 and 5.4.1). I'll still have to look into this. As I said before, I get many of these random CTD (mostly pointing to a navmesh of the cell where I am at the moment of the CTD). So this has to be with resources? But I just don't know how to look for these, because the crashlogs are pure random in my eyes.

Second Topic (Back to DynDOLOD)

One time the game didn't crash, I thought that I'll have a massive mountain texture flickering in very far distance, but I took a closer look and saw, that, depending on camera movement/angle, the mountain LODs are in front of the mountain fog or behind it and this is causing this flickering.

Could you do something about this?

3xkc5po6.jpg

pvmmswyw.jpg

dza9ugnj.jpg

Only change on these screenshot is a barely mouse movement. The fog itself isn't moving at all.

When I say resource issues, I mean memory resources, reference cap, plugin limit, file handle limit  etc, could be unstable CPU/memory/overclock too for example. Disable only BTO with grass LOD, maybe it is just too much.

You might want check the fSkyCellRefFadeDistance, as clouds will start to fade beyond that.

DynDOLOD should be not modifying the cloud references, base records or meshes in anyway. Just double check it doesn't.

25 minutes ago, sheson said:

When I say resource issues, I mean memory resources, reference cap, plugin limit, file handle limit  etc.

You might want check the fSkyCellRefFadeDistance, as clouds will start to fade beyond that.

DynDOLOD should be not modifying the cloud references, base records or meshes in anyway. Just double check it doesn't.

Reference cap: Was on my list and I checked it with a xEdit script -> I have round about 250-300k which should be fine as far as I know.
Plugins: Active are 399 at the moment (yeah, this is a bit, maybe I'll have to take a look and reduce it, but I know that there are mod configs outside which have much more) - 152 .esp/.esm and 247 esl (flagged) plugins
File handle (with EngineFixes should be to 2048 maxed): All plugins + all .bsa archives are in sum 546 files (or what does count into this?) But even if the optins from engine fixes doesn' work, I would be a long time above the 512 limit, so why would it happen now?

Don't know what to say about memory resources, because you wouldn't mean my pc specs by that?

I checked the option, but even if I set it to 0 inside of the DynDOLOD settings the fogs stayed at the same place. Or does it only get applied, if DynDOLOD is initialised and the message was there? Oh wow, that's exactly, what you said. Yes, if I change this with DynDOLOD nothing chaged.
In my SkyrimPrefs.ini it is set to 600000. Changing it there had an effect ingame. I set it to 20000 instead and the fog disappeared as expected, but I still saw the flickering. May have to set it even lower which does also comes with the visaul drawback. (Couldn't made any screenshots, because the game crashed again and again 😕 )

Does it maybe interfere with Dynamic Mountain Fogs (I just saw that it's hidden at the moment)

Edited by PRieST

1 minute ago, PRieST said:

Reference cap: Was on my list and I checked it with a xEdit script -> I have round about 250-300k which should be fine as far as I know.
Plugins: Active are 399 at the moment (yeah, this is a bit, maybe I'll have to take a look and reduce it, but I know that there are mod configs outside which have much more) - 152 .esp/.esm and 247 esl (flagged) plugins
File handle (with EngineFixes should be to 2048 maxed): All plugins + all .bsa archives are in sum 546 files (or what does count into this?) But even if the optins from engine fixes doesn' work, I would be a long time above the 512 limit, so why would it happen now?

Don't know what to say about memory resources, because you wouldn't mean my pc specs by that?

I checked the option, but even if I set it to 0 inside of the DynDOLOD settings the fogs stayed at the same place. Or does it only get applied, if DynDOLOD is initialised and the message was there?
In my SkyrimPrefs.ini it is set to 600000. Changing it there had an effect ingame. I set it to 20000 instead and the fog disappeared as expected, but I still saw the flickering. May have to set it even lower which does also comes with the visaul drawback. (Couldn't made any screenshots, because the game crashed again and again 😕 )

Does it maybe interfere with Dynamic Mountain Fogs (I just saw that it's hidden at the moment)

The MCM changes any INI settings directly via the papyrus command, but it's possible the game needs to restart for the engine to use the new value.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

The MCM changes any INI settings directly via the papyrus command, but it's possible the game needs to restart for the engine to use the new value.

Hm, maybe this still doesn't work if I went from mainmenu via coc command, exit the game and restart it. I don't know if this is related to the 'profile specific .ini' which are used by Mod Organizer 2 but the value was still on what I definded in MO2s ini. It works the other way around though, if I set a specific value inside the MO2 SkyrimPrefs.ini it get catched/is used by DynDOLOD.

Need any logs, further infos about this?

BTW: I merged some plugins now and haven't encountered any strange crashes, yet. So I ran into some sort of limit, but I don't know which. Because of many .esl/ esl-flagged .esp I shouldn't reach the plugin limit for now. If I know how I would dig deeper into this, but this is beyond my knowledge^^ Will forther optimise my setup.