DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 178

sheson

4 hours ago, LordIceWolf said:

Good evening

I almost got everything working. My Grass lods look great and i managed to fix the 3D lods for SBT (turns out that i had to deactivate the mod overwriting the tree meshes even if it is compatible with SBT). I used Aspen Ablaze for the Rift trees and it looks almost perfect, except for this tiny issue i have with the distant lods. When the the Worldspace loads, they look great, but after a few seconds, they appear to melt ( can see in the screen shots). My logs are here. I ran DynDOLOD with the Trees LOD4/level 0 - LOD8/Billboard4 - LOD16/Billboard4
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1y7Qc1JmqxKGjxUEB3eUuERIgiM56DD5G?usp=sharing

Any idea how to fix it?

Initial Load.jpg

A few seconds later.jpg

As I keep explaining, temporarily disabling mods/plugin is a troubleshooting step and not a fix.
If a full model NIF is changed, then a new 3D tree LOD model for the new full model tree needs to be installed or created.

When making screenshot of LOD, use tfc to get closer.

Check if the DynDOLOD output contains only 1 file Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\Tamriel.lst and it is 4 bytes
Test what happen if you set fTreeLoadDistance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page to 0

Check the tree LOD report for the tree which LOD assets where found and used.

Do not install billboards from mods. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.
Play attention to unresolved errors and fix them.ix ththemunresolved error in plugins.xxx
Clean plugins that have deleted references.
Install the latest version of Flying Crows SSE

1 hour ago, vrnord said:

I think I am missing something: I changed the tree trunk textures of my snow pine trees to be more browns rather than all boring greys.  Looks great in full model and Texgen-generated billboard, but Texgen doesn't seem to be updating the colour of the ultra lod trunk - they still look grey from a distance in-game and then turn brown when the full model loads, and viewing the 3d ultra lod tree model in the MO2 data folder also shows a grey trunk.

Did I miss a step?  When running Texgen I selected Tree, HD Tree and Rendered checkboxes in the Tree/Grass section.  Thanks!

That most likely means the trunk NIF that is used to render the trunk billboard texture is using a different full texture.

On 2/24/2022 at 6:05 PM, sheson said:

Read the first post what log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Describe what you mean by "this". When making screenshots open console and click on the object of interest to show its reference form id. https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

Harvestable plants or flora does not have LOD and is not modified by DynDOLOD.

Make sure to follow the updating instructions https://dyndolod.info/Updating and doing a clean save https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save

See https://dyndolod.info/FAQ for "Billboard tree LOD shows in active exterior cells".

I had to scour through my mods and found out that indeed the 3D Skyrim Trees and Plans was disabled thats why I was missing those cool flowers, I also fixed the Gildergreen tree where it was just showing a flat LOD in the center of whiterun. It was Leafeater's 3-in-1 Tree Overhaul JK's mod that was the culprit, disabling this and running DyndoLOD fixed my flat LOD. And then re-enabling the mod and now I have my Whiterun full of cool trees and DyndoLOD is working succesfully.

10 hours ago, sheson said:

That most likely means the trunk NIF that is used to render the trunk billboard texture is using a different full texture.

Where would I find the trunk NIF to check the texture path?  Is it different from the full model NIF?  I didn't actually change the texture path on the full model NIF; I just renamed new textures to match the original ones (I thought that would be more compatible).  I am using Enhanced Vanilla Trees which uses a lot of alternate trunk textures.

Edited by vrnord
I figured it out - redownloaded EVT and found the folder with the trunk NIFs.

21 minutes ago, Zer0w said:

I had to scour through my mods and found out that indeed the 3D Skyrim Trees and Plans was disabled thats why I was missing those cool flowers, I also fixed the Gildergreen tree where it was just showing a flat LOD in the center of whiterun. It was Leafeater's 3-in-1 Tree Overhaul JK's mod that was the culprit, disabling this and running DyndoLOD fixed my flat LOD. And then re-enabling the mod and now I have my Whiterun full of cool trees and DyndoLOD is working succesfully.

Disabling mod or plugins is not a fix but a troubleshooting step.

For every tree that you want to have 3D tree LOD, a 3D tree LOD model is required to be installed. Seems like you have a mod that does not ship with 3D tree LOD models for the full model trees it reaplaces. Disabling the mod means that the 3D LOD model / Billboard matching the original tree that is being overwritten by that mod will be used for LOD. So the LOD will not match anymore once the mod is enabled again. If the differences seems small enough, then copy the existing 3D tree LOD model to the new required 3D tree LOD filename so it is used automatically when the full model tree is replaced.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model

12 hours ago, z929669 said:

Just curious: are you running Fixed Mesh Lighting with the trees option? This will break LOD for trees, and this fix is not needed for Aspens Ablaze, since mindflux added that mesh tweak in his recent update. I would argue that it's not a good 'fix' for most tree mods though, because it trades off less glowing branches on some faces at night for worse looking shadows on some branches in day and broken LOD. It works well for AA though, since those branch faces pretty much all face up and out in most directions.

I defer to sheson on advice about that crappy looking billboard. I've never seen that. You probably will want to post your tree report file \DynDOLOD_\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

I dont have the mod Fixed Mesh Lighting installed

10 hours ago, sheson said:

As I keep explaining, temporarily disabling mods/plugin is a troubleshooting step and not a fix.
If a full model NIF is changed, then a new 3D tree LOD model for the new full model tree needs to be installed or created.

- I Know. I just did that to identify the issue. Since the mod causing the issue is not something i absolutely need, it was simpler to remove it than create the 3d lod models.

When making screenshot of LOD, use tfc to get closer.

- I just wanted to show what happen when i exit the cabin so i had to take the screen shot right away. Next time i will try to find a closer location.

Check if the DynDOLOD output contains only 1 file Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Trees\Tamriel.lst and it is 4 bytes - Yes
Test what happen if you set fTreeLoadDistance in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page to 0 - I will check that after i regenarate a DynDOLOD with the settings that had the problem

Check the tree LOD report for the tree which LOD assets where found and used. - That all seems fine. All my Aspen Trees have 3D Lods

Do not install billboards from mods. Use TexGen to generate all desired billboards. - Done
Play attention to unresolved errors and fix them.ix ththemunresolved error in plugins.xxx - I dont recall getting any errors but i will take a look - Cleared all that except for the Japan Home which is nowhere near the rift.
Clean plugins that have deleted references. - I will check that later
Install the latest version of Flying Crows SSE - Done

I reran DynDOLOD with higher tree settings (Lod4 / 0 - Lod8 /1 - Lod16/Billboard 2) and the issue disapeared. Takes a toll on my fps in the rift however. Gonna try again with a setting somewhere between that and what i had before and see how it goes.

Sorry I thought I had fixed it by installing the EVT trunk meshes, but no.  The attached pics show the issue:  the meshes of both the EVT trunk and the full model, opened via MO2 virtual folder, show the correct texture.  The same trunk and model simultaneously viewed via Texgen preview show the old texture.  The weird thing is I don't even have that texture installed anymore!  What is happening??

Edited by vrnord
Not sure if the pics I attached are going to show, so here is an imgur link: https://imgur.com/a/D8RszTq

4 hours ago, vrnord said:

Where would I find the trunk NIF to check the texture path?  Is it different from the full model NIF?  I didn't actually change the texture path on the full model NIF; I just renamed new textures to match the original ones (I thought that would be more compatible).  I am using Enhanced Vanilla Trees which uses a lot of alternate trunk textures.

I was referring to the new method used by 3D tree LOD models included DynDOLOD Resources, since only a question was asked without providing information.

The tree mod you are using might still contain 3D tree LOD models that use a fixed pre-rendered trunk atlas texture that is not automatically updated. In that case you might want to manually edit it. 

The new method is explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model about how 3D tree LOD models are created.

46 minutes ago, vrnord said:

Sorry I thought I had fixed it by installing the EVT trunk meshes, but no.  The attached pics show the issue:  the meshes of both the EVT trunk and the full model, opened via MO2 virtual folder, show the correct texture.  The same trunk and model simultaneously viewed via Texgen preview show the old texture.  The weird thing is I don't even have that texture installed anymore!  What is happening??

I suggest to check the tree LOD report (explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD) to see what the 3D LOD model is that is found for that tree.

Then check which texture that NIF is using for the trunk.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

I was referring to the new method used by 3D tree LOD models included DynDOLOD Resources, since only a question was asked without providing information.

The tree mod you are using might still contain 3D tree LOD models that use a fixed pre-rendered trunk atlas texture that is not automatically updated. In that case you might want to manually edit it. 

The new method is explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model about how 3D tree LOD models are created.

I suggest to check the tree LOD report (explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD) to see what the 3D LOD model is that is found for that tree.

Then check which texture that NIF is using for the trunk.

Edit never mind I figured it out; had a conflicting mesh version for some trees.  Thanks for your help!

Edited by vrnord
Figured it out

1 hour ago, skyrim9838 said:

I'm sorry if its not an issue related to dyndolod.

I'm not sure what's causing it but the Grass LODs look a bit different from the actual grass for some reason. I am using an ENB and I had the dynamic LODs option off during LOD generation.

ScreenShot41.jpg

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD Settings

In case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), change the GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini. Especially the image based lighting effect from ENB has a big impact on the brightness and color tone of the grass LOD.

See the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Updating section how to quickly test different brightness settings by just editing the export file and howto limit generation to a single BTO file.

Greetings.

First of all, thanks for the tools you provide. I wanted to install Seasons of Skyrim, so I followed the instructions on how to run xLODgen and DynDOLOD. I managed to run xLODgen correctly and all went fine with it, but unfortunately, I can not get DynDOLOD to work properly. I am not sure how to explain myself because I'm not very experienced in modding. So, basically the issues I have are affecting mainly Solstheim (but they might be extendend to other world spaces aswell), involving primarly the world map (which is blank) and lod in the distance which does not load at all (?). Skyrim has some minor visual problems such as not being able to properly render objects if I'm not very close to them (see screenshots below), they do not affect world map though. I did not have time to troubleshoot the entire map and every world spaces, so there might be more issues that I'm not aknowleding.

I noted that disabling the dynDOLOD_output reverts all back to vanilla and everything is rendered properly.

I will leave some images to make myself clear:

Markarth. I can not see mountains rocks unless I'm very close to them, leaving a hole exposed in the distance. This is an example of what I was referring to before with "minor visual problems".

The Red Mountain disappeared

Solstheim lod not loading?

Solstheim map is entirely blank

My plugins load order:

Spoiler

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
*Unofficial Rare Curios Patch.esl
*Unofficial Saints and Seducers Patch.esl
*Unofficial Skyrim Survival Patch.esl
*Werewolf Duration Remover.esl
*Occ_Skyrim_Tamriel.esp
*Penitus_Oculatus.esp
*TrueHUD.esl
*Wyrmstooth.esp
*DynDOLOD.esm
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul - Skyrim.esp
*TrueStormsSE.esp
*Relationship Dialogue Overhaul.esp
*Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
*Immersive Encounters.esp
*OwnCivilWar.esp
*Afterlife.esp
*BeastHHBB.esp
*hearthfireextended.esp
*SnowOverSkyrim.esp
*Turn of the Seasons.esp
*TOTS - Icy Waterways.esp
*Run For Your Lives.esp
*Inigo.esp
*Vittorias Alternate Wedding.esp
*CWRepairs.esp
*Dirt and Blood - Dynamic Visuals.esp
*Dynamic Things Alternative.esp
*Fish Anywhere.esp
*Growl - Werebeasts of Skyrim.esp
*growl-patch.esp
*HouseOfHorrorsQuestExpansion.esp
*MCMHelper.esp
*Obsidian Weathers.esp
*Obsidian_TS_Patch_Spectral_WaterFix.esp
*ogSplendorDragons.esp
*PaarthurnaxQuestExpansion.esp
*SeasonalWildlifeDistribution.esp
*Shrubs of Snow.esp
*WerewolfQuickMenu.esp
*WhoKilledTheDragon.esp
*Combat Collision Dialogue Fix.esp
*Philmorex.esp
*TrueDirectionalMovement.esp
*FNIS.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*Sleeping Expanded.esp
*Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
*Ultimate Dodge Mod.esp
*fixLOD.esp
*DynDOLOD.esp
*Occlusion.esp

What I would like to accomplish: a vanilla looking Skyrim with seasons.

I am running:

Skyrim AE;

MO2;

Dyndolod 3 and the corresponding resources;

xLODgen beta 90.

Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by Wolfrann
typos

7 hours ago, Wolfrann said:

Greetings.

First of all, thanks for the tools you provide. I wanted to install Seasons of Skyrim, so I followed the instructions on how to run xLODgen and DynDOLOD. I managed to run xLODgen correctly and all went fine with it, but unfortunately, I can not get DynDOLOD to work properly. I am not sure how to explain myself because I'm not very experienced in modding. So, basically the issues I have are affecting mainly Solstheim (but they might be extendend to other world spaces aswell), involving primarly the world map (which is blank) and lod in the distance which does not load at all (?). Skyrim has some minor visual problems such as not being able to properly render objects if I'm not very close to them (see screenshots below), they do not affect world map though. I did not have time to troubleshoot the entire map and every world spaces, so there might be more issues that I'm not aknowleding.

I noted that disabling the dynDOLOD_output reverts all back to vanilla and everything is rendered properly.

I will leave some images to make myself clear:

Markarth. I can not see mountains rocks unless I'm very close to them, leaving a hole exposed in the distance. This is an example of what I was referring to before with "minor visual problems".

The Red Mountain disappeared

Solstheim lod not loading?

Solstheim map is entirely blank

My plugins load order:

Reveal hidden contents

What I would like to accomplish: a vanilla looking Skyrim with seasons.

I am running:

Skyrim AE;

MO2;

Dyndolod 3 and the corresponding resources;

xLODgen beta 90.

Thanks for your assistance.

I moved your post to the DynDOLOD3 Alpha thread. Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 alpha where to make posts what log files to upload when making posts.

Carefully check the generation logs for error and warning messages.
If you want to generate LOD for seasons, make sure the worldspaces have the [Seasons] identifier in the worldspace list of the advanced options as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons

If the LOD generation had no errors and completed successfully and the generated outputs were properly installed as a mod from their dedicated output folders, then:

Markath. Increase Object LOD distances. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings https://dyndolod.info/Help/Object-LOD#Settings

Read Mountain. If still happens after increasing object LOD distances, increase terrain LOD distance multiplier. https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings https://dyndolod.info/Help/Terrain-LOD#Settings

The map may seem to indicate that this might not (only) be about the distance settings and something might with the season switching or the generated output. it doesn''t look like it but are you using some kind a map mod or INI settings that alters the map settings?
Did you set a dedicated output folder for xLODGen with -o ?

In addition to the logs from DynDOLOD, post the xLODGen log.

What mod is fixLOD.esp from?

Greetings. I seem to be running with some issues regarding Dyndolod and Wyrmstooth where LOD don't seem to be generating properly. Before I start, note that the following tests were done by using COC from the main menu directly to wyrmstoothstonehollow01 to check if there are issues. I also generated terrain with LODGEN following the guide, generated textures with Texgen, and then generated objects + trees with Dyndolod. Lastly, I'm using Dyndolod 3, so everything is generated through the tools and no exterior billboards\resources are used except for Majestic Mountains DynDoLod V 3.0 Lod pack created by Sheson himself (which I tried with and without, and made no difference).

1. When I go to Wyrmstooth without Dyndolod active in my load order, the LODs look fine even if they don't match my textures (obviously)
  2. When I go to Wyrmstooth with Dyndolod active, the LODs are all low quality, and no objects appear in the distance (trees and others). 
  3. When I go to Wyrmstooth with Dyndolod active, but disabled the checkboxes for Wyrmstooth, then the LOD will be empty and filled with holes. (I thought it would be a workaround to match point 1 in Wyrmstooth, but it didn't work).

I went through the docs to see if I can find a solution, but so far I haven't found something about this situation. Maybe I searched wrong though, so if anyone could assist, I'd appreciate it. Dyndolod, everywhere else, is working fine. Everywhere I checked, Wyrmstooth seems to be listed as working out of the box, so there's definitely something wrong I'm doing.

I'm currently regenerating everything again (LODGEN, Texgen, DynDOLOD) to try one more time. I'll take more proper screenshots when that's finished.

EDIT: I noticed I forgot to double click Wyrmstooth in the Advanced tab for seasons generation. I will try that now and see how it looks. TFC screenshots coming when I finished my current DynDOLOD generation

Logs

EDIT: Issue is now fixed by generating with seasons activated on Wyrmstooth!

Edited by Mur4s4me