DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Getting an error message with Alpha 69 that I have never seen before in-game.  Nothing in the logs that is relevant.  No new error log generated, either (not sure if it is supposed to be generated for in-game errors).  How should I proceed to hunt this down?  Thanks.

ScreenShot300.jpg

Edited by Zanderat

Alpha 69 Fixed my Range Check Error. Sorry about not putting up a debug and bug report will do next time I have errors oh Im also having the same problem Like Zanderat instead mines says Riften world 

Edited by MarkAim

I am getting the error DYNDOLOD cannot read data from DynDOLOD_Solitude too.

With some reverse engineering, reading postings with similar bugs from way way way back,  and some guess work, I traced the problem to the generation of the skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Worlds.json file. Some of the fields in the JSON file are repeated and assigned to itself as a value (ie: "solitudeworld":"solitudeworld"). I believe these are the bad JSON fields. I deleted those. I kept the ones assigned to "tamriel". I save the file and it seems to solve the problem. I suggest waiting for a real fix for this as I have no clue how this stuff really works and I don't know if there are other side effects.

59 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Getting an error message with Alpha 69 that I have never seen before in-game.  Nothing in the logs that is relevant.  No new error log generated, either (not sure if it is supposed to be generated for in-game errors).  How should I proceed to hunt this down?  Thanks.

ScreenShot300.jpg

Same here.

First time ever seeing this as well. After seeing this I did a fast travel to Solitude and received the same error message.

I'm guessing all of the closed cities have the same issue.

42 minutes ago, pedxingx said:

With some reverse engineering, reading postings with similar bugs from way way way back,  and some guess work, I traced the problem to the generation of the skse\plugins\StorageUtilData\DynDOLOD_Worlds.json file. Some of the fields in the JSON file are repeated and assigned to itself as a value (ie: "solitudeworld":"solitudeworld"). I believe these are the bad JSON fields. I deleted those. I kept the ones assigned to "tamriel". I save the file and it seems to solve the problem. I suggest waiting for a real fix for this as I have no clue how this stuff really works and I don't know if there are other side effects.

Another file "skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt" has the same problem. Not sure whether it is loaded by the game or not, though.

13 hours ago, arzt1 said:

Please upload the entire debug log to and the entire log from the last meaningful generation. Zip and use a file service if as explained on the first post.

Please the upload the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini that went missing somehow.

12 hours ago, MrTanku said:

On another note, I believe updates 65-67 worked for me in the past before I updated to this version.

Do you have any 3rd party crapware from AMD running that install with the driver installation?

See if anything behaves differently with newer Alpha versions.

11 hours ago, taffy said:

Hello, the new beta versions of DynDOLOD 3 from the last couple of days crash at random times for me when running TexGen :( I've attached the real time error log. Have tried disabling antivirus and still no luck.

TexGen_SSE_realtime_log.txt 1.3 MB · 1 download

Upload the debug log, log and bugreport as explained on first post. If they do not exist check the Windows Event log for messages.

See if anything behaves differently with newer Alpha versions.

6 hours ago, Zanderat said:

ScreenShot300.jpg

6 hours ago, MarkAim said:

Alpha 69 Fixed my Range Check Error. Sorry about not putting up a debug and bug report will do next time I have errors oh Im also having the same problem Like Zanderat instead mines says Riften world 

5 hours ago, pedxingx said:

5 hours ago, SKK said:

Same here.

First time ever seeing this as well. After seeing this I did a fast travel to Solitude and received the same error message.

I'm guessing all of the closed cities have the same issue.

4 hours ago, objir said:

Another file "skse\plugins\DynDOLOD_Data\DynDOLOD_Worlds.txt" has the same problem. Not sure whether it is loaded by the game or not, though.

Upload the log and debug as explained on the first post.

I can not guess load order and selected generation options.

Should be fixed in Alpha-70

Texgen from 66, 67, 68, 69 are all creating completely black billboards which were previously skipped - and they then show up in game as ugly black boxes (picture 2).

On _65 with resource 19 I did not have this issue.  Everything looked great.

First pic is a screenshot of the raw, full size texture - all of the grasses which are having this issue look similar (e.g. a lot more blank space than texture). 

I'm posting the entire log below, but I'm not sure how much good it does you.  Here's an example of a grass that I'm talking about though there are 30~ sets of _1.dds , _2.dds , .txt that are pretty much identical 24 x varies .dds that are just solid black.  Again, previous versions skipped these

[LOD]

Width=124.639595

Depth=100.611389

Height=71.222626

ShiftX=0.000000

ShiftY=0.000000

ShiftZ=-2.420879

Scale=1.000000

Width_1=115.965782

Height_1=71.222626

Adjust_1=-2.654934

Width_2=88.443649

Height_2=71.222626

Adjust_2=-6.083870

Model=Meshes\landscape\grass\grass_clump_dead.nif

ModelCRC32=B86D2067

Texture_1=textures\landscape\grass\Grass_Clump_Dead.dds

TextureCRC32_1=4F6E9678

Secondly, it's probably not relevant since the above mesh meets size criteria below.... but:

Texgen.ini has this ; automatic tree/grass discovery - base record object bounds Sqrt((X2-X1)^2 + (Y2-Y1)^2 + (Z2-Z1)^2) >= Min[Tree|Grass]ModelVolume

is not volume it's size of the bounding box. Please don't yell at me if pedantic, just was trying to solve this on my own. never had a reason to check this though.

Happy to send meshes/textures, whatever. Not sure if it's just a bugged mesh that's now showing up or what.

Thanks!

representative texture.JPG

billboards in game.JPG

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt texgen_sse_log.txt

Edited by enthe
clarity, added text references to attached pictures

8 hours ago, DDCrusader said:

Good day Sheson,

I am having a small problem with few latest versions of DynDolod.

I am running the SSE version with Open Cities, therefore I am doing the "2-step generation" according to the DynDolod instructions.

Latest DynDolod that worked without errors in both steps was Alpha 65.

On all later versions (including Alpha 69), I am able to successfully finish step 1 (Open cities .esp is not active) of generating Object LOD for the load order.

But when I try to do Step 2 (Open cities .esp is active) to generate DynDolod .esp file, underside and now seasons, I am greeted with "Item not found" error after I try to start generation.

bugreport.txt 46.96 kB · 1 download DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 1.54 MB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.07 MB · 3 downloads

The bugreport does not seem to match what is happening in the logs and I am not yet able to replicate this.

Is this with the default season INIs?

Please delete all logs and bugreport and run again.

1 hour ago, MarkAim said:

Thanks that helps! Should be fixed next version.

Edit: Should be fixed in Alpha-70

46 minutes ago, enthe said:

Texgen from 66, 67, 68, 69 are all creating completely black billboards which were previously skipped - and they then show up in game as ugly black boxes (picture 2).

On _65 with resource 19 I did not have this issue.  Everything looked great.

First pic is a screenshot of the raw, full size texture - all of the grasses which are having this issue look similar (e.g. a lot more blank space than texture). 

I'm posting the entire log below, but I'm not sure how much good it does you.  Here's an example of a grass that I'm talking about though there are 30~ sets of _1.dds , _2.dds , .txt that are pretty much identical 24 x varies .dds that are just solid black.  Again, previous versions skipped these

[LOD]

Width=124.639595

Depth=100.611389

Height=71.222626

ShiftX=0.000000

ShiftY=0.000000

ShiftZ=-2.420879

Scale=1.000000

Width_1=115.965782

Height_1=71.222626

Adjust_1=-2.654934

Width_2=88.443649

Height_2=71.222626

Adjust_2=-6.083870

Model=Meshes\landscape\grass\grass_clump_dead.nif

ModelCRC32=B86D2067

Texture_1=textures\landscape\grass\Grass_Clump_Dead.dds

TextureCRC32_1=4F6E9678

Secondly, it's probably not relevant since the above mesh meets size criteria below.... but:

Texgen.ini has this ; automatic tree/grass discovery - base record object bounds Sqrt((X2-X1)^2 + (Y2-Y1)^2 + (Z2-Z1)^2) >= Min[Tree|Grass]ModelVolume

is not volume it's size of the bounding box. Please don't yell at me if pedantic, just was trying to solve this on my own. never had a reason to check this though.

Happy to send meshes/textures, whatever. Not sure if it's just a bugged mesh that's now showing up or what.

Thanks!

representative texture.JPG

billboards in game.JPG

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 802.76 kB · 2 downloads texgen_sse_log.txt 35.34 kB · 2 downloads

Alpha-70 should not create those anymore. Let me know in case there are still problems.

I am using dyndolod for the first time and I cant resolve this issue. I am using Dyndolod 3.

the messages:

DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld

DynDOLOD can not read data from DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld

I checked the faq but eveything seems to be fine.

I have the latest version of PapyrusUtil and its not being overwritten by anything,  the esp , json and txts are all from the same generation, and they all share the same bunch of numbers. And of course all of the outputs are inside the data folder.

While executing DynDOLOD everything seems to be fine, it completes succesfully as far as I can tell.

In the overwold everythting seems fine the issue only pops up when inside a city.

19 minutes ago, dregoc said:

I am using dyndolod for the first time and I cant resolve this issue. I am using Dyndolod 3.

the messages:

DynDOLOD can not find master data in DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld

DynDOLOD can not read data from DynDOLOD_WhiterunWorld

I checked the faq but eveything seems to be fine.

I have the latest version of PapyrusUtil and its not being overwritten by anything,  the esp , json and txts are all from the same generation, and they all share the same bunch of numbers. And of course all of the outputs are inside the data folder.

While executing DynDOLOD everything seems to be fine, it completes succesfully as far as I can tell.

In the overwold everythting seems fine the issue only pops up when inside a city.

I moved your post to the the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

If you look at a few of the posts above, then you will see that Alpha-70 should fix that problem.

In case it doesn't, upload the log and debug log as explained in the first post.

Hm, seems that DynDOLOD is not working as supposed to with Alpha-70.
I know how long it takes normally until finished. On my end it is about 45-60 minutes.
At the moment a run is ongoing, but it seems, that the process won't finish. It's lasting 1 hour and 40 minutes now without any progress. The process itself is not stuck, though, but this never happened before.
Is it possible that somehow the installation messed up? I just changed the .exe files and corresponding files instead of deleting the old files. Or could this be something else? I've gotten no errors until now so I can't provide any bugreport.logs, just the normal logs. If I would force kill the process now, could you make use of the generated logs?

dyndolodalpha70.png

Edit: I just killed it now and reinstall and start over. Never the less, here are the logfiles from that run, in case there is in error: Download

Edited by PRieST