DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

12 minutes ago, MrTanku said:

This is the only event within that time frame. I also did revert back to using version 2.98 and I'm not getting any problems. Gonna reinstall the latest version in another folder to see how it goes.

Didn't work, I'm getting the same error 

1 hour ago, hijazo00o said:

Hi there, I have a problem with hooking dyndolod 3 with mo2. dyndolod keeps using default se installation from steam instead of the one managed by mo2. the 2.98 one works just fine

xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD like any other whatever version use the Windows Registry entry for the game to find the data folder.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Windows-Registry-Key how to update it.

1 hour ago, MrTanku said:

Didn't work, I'm getting the same error 

Set RealTimeLog=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and upload whatever files have been written to the log folder.

It is hard to troubleshoot if the OS just terminates the program without  letting it go through its own exception handler and shutdown procedure.

Hello. I'm a mod author and currently creating a Seasonal Tree mod utilising the new Seasons of Skyrim framework by powerofthree.
My question is this: 
Does Dyndolod auto generate tree lod models for each season based on swapped meshes and textures?
In my Aspen mod I use the treeaspen01_LOD0, treeaspen01_LOD1 etc. format. Can I not have individual 3D lod assets for each season-swapped tree?
And if I can how do I state that in the config files?

683056519_SkyrimSE2022-02-1214-09-22.thumb.png.dfafd1493ddbc990846074daf27c7078.png

what do i need to do in order to make this level of detail even better , because it looks like ps1 graphics atm. every tree is set to 4k also. so i dont know what im doing wrong

13 minutes ago, EternalT said:

683056519_SkyrimSE2022-02-1214-09-22.thumb.png.dfafd1493ddbc990846074daf27c7078.png

what do i need to do in order to make this level of detail even better , because it looks like ps1 graphics atm. every tree is set to 4k also. so i dont know what im doing wrong

Nvm dyndolod is on mcm active and i still get like playdo like textures from afar. 

Edited by EternalT

44 minutes ago, Zeknapain said:

Hello. I'm a mod author and currently creating a Seasonal Tree mod utilising the new Seasons of Skyrim framework by powerofthree.
My question is this: 
Does Dyndolod auto generate tree lod models for each season based on swapped meshes and textures?
In my Aspen mod I use the treeaspen01_LOD0, treeaspen01_LOD1 etc. format. Can I not have individual 3D lod assets for each season-swapped tree?
And if I can how do I state that in the config files?

TexGen should generate tree LOD billboards for every tree record that has object bounds larger than the required limit automatically. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards for details or how to force generation.

In case you want to include 3D tree LOD models for LOD generation, make sure to read https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards to learn how to add the CRC32 of the full model to the 3D LOD model filename so they can be matched with each without.

For each full model with different meshes or textures a matching 3D LOD models has to be created. Unfortunately TREE records do not support texture replacements like STAT records unfortunately.

3D tree LOD model filenames should never be made without the CRC32 of the full model. The last ditch effort fallback without it only works correctly if the full model filename is unique to the entire modding hemissphere and the full model is never going to be changed again. Otherwise there will be conflicts eventually that users will have to understand and solve which is best avoided.

DynDOLOD itself does not generate LOD models. It generates LOD from the LOD models found in the load order.

43 minutes ago, EternalT said:

Nvm dyndolod is on mcm active and i still get like playdo like textures from afar. 

No information whatsoever was provided so the generic answer is to generate ultra tree LOD.

Either with HD Billboards and Billboard4 or with 3D tree LOD models as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD

There is really no point to generate billboards with 4k resolution unless the screen has 4k or more vertical resolution as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Texture-Resolution. For example the screenshot nicely shows that those tree LOD ony require half the resolution of whatever the full resolution is of that screenshot.

Hi Sheson,

I was just trying out powerof3's seasons with your newest v69. Works fine, no errors in creating LOD, but the tree LODs are messed up:

1) wrong tree LODS (e.g. colorful autumn leave tree LOD for a pine tree model), 2) tree LODs where no tree will be, 3) both of these combined, 4) purple LODs which vanish.. 5) summer model instead of winter model (very rare and not disturbing at all)

Using "Enhanced Vanilla trees" mod. Problems existing still when coc to a location and ONLY when switching to winter (only one I got). All other seasons (default) are OK.

Hope I am right here with my question? Thank you so much, have a nice weekend and don't you dare to answer me before next week! :)

Mike

MainFormSwap_WIN.ini

DynDOLOD_WIN.ini po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini Serialization.ini

Edited by arzt1
typos

19 minutes ago, sheson said:

TexGen should generate tree LOD billboards for every tree record that has object bounds larger than the required limit automatically. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards for details or how to force generation.

In case you want to include 3D tree LOD models for LOD generation, make sure to read https://dyndolod.info/Help/TexGen-Configuration#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards to learn how to add the CRC32 of the full model to the 3D LOD model filename so they can be matched with each without.

3D tree LOD model filenames should never be made without the CRC32 of the full model. The last ditch effort fallback without it only works correctly if the full model filename is unique to the entire modding hemissphere and the full model is never going to be changed again. Otherwise there will be conflicts eventually that users will have to understand and solve which is best avoided.

DynDOLOD itself does not generate LOD models. It generates LOD from the LOD models found in the load order.

So if I add 3D lod meshes with the appropriate CRC32 checksum for each seasonal tree, Dyndolod will generate seasonal lod for all of them and swap accordingly? Got it thanks.

11 minutes ago, Zeknapain said:

So if I add 3D lod meshes with the appropriate CRC32 checksum for each seasonal tree, Dyndolod will generate seasonal lod for all of them and swap accordingly? Got it thanks.

That is how is should work yes. Do not hesitate to ask more detailed question or PM me on Discord if something does not seem to work as explained and more in-depth discussion is needed.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD like any other whatever version use the Windows Registry entry for the game to find the data folder.

See https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Windows-Registry-Key how to update it.

Set RealTimeLog=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.INI and upload whatever files have been written to the log folder.

It is hard to troubleshoot if the OS just terminates the program without  letting it go through its own exception handler and shutdown procedure.

TexGen_SSE_realtime_log.txt

48 minutes ago, MrTanku said:

This is with the latest Alpha-69?

Test if still happens when setting R8G8B8A for diffuse alpha and normal specular on the left and R8G8B8 for diffuse and normal on the right.

Clean out log beforehand, upload new log if it still happens.

Keep an eye on memory usage with task manager if possible.

1 hour ago, arzt1 said:

Hi Sheson,

I was just trying out powerof3's seasons with your newest v69. Works fine, no errors in creating LOD, but the tree LODs are messed up:

1) wrong tree LODS (e.g. colorful autumn leave tree LOD for a pine tree model), 2) tree LODs where no tree will be, 3) both of these combined, 4) purple LODs which vanish.. 5) summer model instead of winter model (very rare and not disturbing at all)

Using "Enhanced Vanilla trees" mod. Problems existing still when coc to a location and ONLY when switching to winter (only one I got). All other seasons (default) are OK.

Hope I am right here with my question? Thank you so much, have a nice weekend and don't you dare to answer me before next week! :)

Mike

MainFormSwap_WIN.ini 559.19 kB · 3 downloads

DynDOLOD_WIN.ini 32.95 kB · 0 downloads po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.iniUnavailable Serialization.iniUnavailable

Upload the log and debug log from TexGen and DynDOLOD as explained on first post.

Reupload the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini which became "unavailable" (I have no idea why) maybe use paste.ee or ufile.io services instead.

Not sure what Serialization.ini is?

21 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is with the latest Alpha-69?

Test if still happens when setting R8G8B8A for diffuse alpha and normal specular on the left and R8G8B8 for diffuse and normal on the right.

Clean out log beforehand, upload new log if it still happens.

Keep an eye on memory usage with task manager if possible.

Upload the log and debug log from TexGen and DynDOLOD as explained on first post.

Reupload the po3_SeasonsOfSkyrim.ini which became "unavailable" (I have no idea why) maybe use paste.ee or ufile.io services instead.

Not sure what Serialization.ini is?

image.thumb.png.20ccc73d6d5d9063f9e508689578ddb3.pngI used the settings above because the R8G8B8A setting was not available on the left column of settings 

TexGen_SSE_realtime_log.txt

Good day Sheson,

I am having a small problem with few latest versions of DynDolod.

I am running the SSE version with Open Cities, therefore I am doing the "2-step generation" according to the DynDolod instructions.

Latest DynDolod that worked without errors in both steps was Alpha 65.

On all later versions (including Alpha 69), I am able to successfully finish step 1 (Open cities .esp is not active) of generating Object LOD for the load order.

But when I try to do Step 2 (Open cities .esp is active) to generate DynDolod .esp file, underside and now seasons, I am greeted with "Item not found" error after I try to start generation.

bugreport.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt