DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

20 hours ago, DarkladyLexy said:

I have been trying out Grass LOD everything built OK but when i get into game I am have werid meshes issues. not sure where to start on this

Sep 30 2021 15_44_18.jpg

Thought i solved this issue but i appears i havn't. I clicked on the mesh thing and the letad me to DynDOLOD.esp \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ 00000D74 \ Persistent \ D5323690 <Tamriel_Underside_DynDOLOD_NOLOD> 🤔. So it an issue with underside generation on the preset I am using.

18 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

Thought i solved this issue but i appears i havn't. I clicked on the mesh thing and the letad me to DynDOLOD.esp \ Worldspace \ 0000003C <Tamriel> \ 00000D74 \ Persistent \ D5323690 <Tamriel_Underside_DynDOLOD_NOLOD> 🤔. So it an issue with underside generation on the preset I am using.

Could be terrain underside for example. In that case it has too low quality or the height distance to 0 is to low.

Use the defaults 10 for quality and 500 for the height. You can edit the z position of the reference in the DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit. E.g. 500 in the drop down is -500.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Could be terrain underside for example. In that case it has too low quality or the height distance to 0 is to low.

Use the defaults 10 for quality and 500 for the height. You can edit the z position of the reference in the DynDOLOD.esp with xEdit. E.g. 500 in the drop down is -500.

that might be my issue I have been playing around with Grass LOd Generation and for some reason i chamge the height from 500 to 100. I will swap it back and rebuild Thanks Sheson

Edit: yep swapping the height from 100 to 500 fixed it.

Hey folks, I was made aware HD LOD covers a few things TexGen alone doesn’t at this point. Looks like I would load this after DynDOLOD resources but before all my other fancy textures.

Is the plugin also needed? I noticed a few meshes in HD LOD have HD in the name (in the plugin) and wasn’t sure if this would cause issues pointing to a mesh that only Noble textures use and possibly overwrite something further down in my load order

thanks!

24 minutes ago, EazyH said:

Hey folks, I was made aware HD LOD covers a few things TexGen alone doesn’t at this point. Looks like I would load this after DynDOLOD resources but before all my other fancy textures.

Is the plugin also needed? I noticed a few meshes in HD LOD have HD in the name (in the plugin) and wasn’t sure if this would cause issues pointing to a mesh that only Noble textures use and possibly overwrite something further down in my load order

thanks!

The Requirements for DynDOLOD are listed on the first post and the included manual.

Read the manual Overwrite/Load orders. As it explains, refer to the install instructions of  the mod.

Currently using Ft Dawnguard HD & Chantry College. The college causes fancy glass doors which *would* normally conflict with Dawnguard. Ft Dawnguard HD Comes with a door plug-in that changes there texture path and everything so this shouldn’t be a problem.

But TexGen created LOD textures showing the glass door. I made sure no other records were overwriting the new door paths, so I am at a bit of a loss

14 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Presets like this are sub-optimal, as any mod-added rules are ignored, and any updated rules by Sheson would also be ignored. It is better to share individual rules or include them as mod-added rules. STEP 2.0 is incomplete, and we have chosen to use mod-added rules to make it far easier to apply.

From the documentation and sheson's last comment on this ("Anybody uploading presets for guides should remove the outputpath line"), I believe that the rules are layered. So if a higher-priority path defines a mesh mask same as that of a lower priority path, the higher priority wins. Any new rules sheson adds to a preset should be highest priority, since no others exist.

Also, If a more specific mesh mask applies at lower priority, I think that it would supersede a more general one at higher priority.

I am thinking that priority is defined by ini file path AND LODGen# within each file. I am not clear on how this line numbering behaves between files though ... if our custom rules use LODGen1-LODGen3, then they should be higher priority than same rules defined at LODGen11-LODGen13 in a lower-priority path.

Also from the doc, I see that [Skyrim LODGen] section is the default, so I am assuming that if we stripped everything out of our supplied general (not mod-specific) presets except the rules we are specifying, this should combine with but supersede the 'default' preset shipped with DynDOLOD. I think naming this like DynDOLOD_SSE_{whateverWeLike}.ini should work without tying it to any specific mod. Content (our custom rules) would be like:

[Skyrim LODGen]
LODGen1=mountains,Level0,Level0,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,
LODGen2=\rocks0,None,None,None,None,None,Unchanged,1,
LODGen3=treeaspen,Billboard4,Billboard4,Billboard1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,

@sheson Can you correct me if I have any of this wrong?

47 minutes ago, z929669 said:

From the documentation and sheson's last comment on this ("Anybody uploading presets for guides should remove the outputpath line"), I believe that the rules are layered. So if a higher-priority path defines a mesh mask same as that of a lower priority path, the higher priority wins. Any new rules sheson adds to a preset should be highest priority, since no others exist.

Also, If a more specific mesh mask applies at lower priority, I think that it would supersede a more general one at higher priority.

I am thinking that priority is defined by ini file path AND LODGen# within each file. I am not clear on how this line numbering behaves between files though ... if our custom rules use LODGen1-LODGen3, then they should be higher priority than same rules defined at LODGen11-LODGen13 in a lower-priority path.

Also from the doc, I see that [Skyrim LODGen] section is the default, so I am assuming that if we stripped everything out of our supplied general (not mod-specific) presets except the rules we are specifying, this should combine with but supersede the 'default' preset shipped with DynDOLOD. I think naming this like DynDOLOD_SSE_{whateverWeLike}.ini should work without tying it to any specific mod. Content (our custom rules) would be like:

[Skyrim LODGen]
LODGen1=mountains,Level0,Level0,Level1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,
LODGen2=\rocks0,None,None,None,None,None,Unchanged,1,
LODGen3=treeaspen,Billboard4,Billboard4,Billboard1,None,FarLOD,Unchanged,1,

@sheson Can you correct me if I have any of this wrong?

If a presets is loaded manually (or the default preset from last run automatically) its rules and settings will be used.

Rules files are only loaded when using low, medium (default), high are clicked. This will always delete the currently shown rules.

Enable notice=1 in the DynDOLOD INI to see message for all rules being printed to the log message window to see the exact order of rule files being loaded. Or check the debug log after the fact.

The order loading the rule files defines their order in the list.

The order LODGen1, 2, 3 of rules in the files defines their "local" order in the the list.

Rules for plugins are loaded in the order of the plugins.

If a rule that is loaded later has the exact same mesh mask or targets the same reference form id, it will replace the already existing rule.

Plugin rule files in Edit Scripts are superseded by rule files with the same name in Data\DynDOLOD\

Whatever setting does not exist in the [DynDOLOD] or [TexGen] section will simply stay as it was.

1 hour ago, EazyH said:

Currently using Ft Dawnguard HD & Chantry College. The college causes fancy glass doors which *would* normally conflict with Dawnguard. Ft Dawnguard HD Comes with a door plug-in that changes there texture path and everything so this shouldn’t be a problem.

But TexGen created LOD textures showing the glass door. I made sure no other records were overwriting the new door paths, so I am at a bit of a loss

Which DynDOLOD/TexGen version are you using?

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

If a presets is loaded manually (or the default preset from last run automatically) its rules and settings will be used.

Rules files are only loaded when using low, medium (default), high are clicked. This will always delete the currently shown rules.

Enable notice=1 in the DynDOLOD INI to see message for all rules being printed to the log message window to see the exact order of rule files being loaded. Or check the debug log after the fact.

The order loading the rule files defines their order in the list.

The order LODGen1, 2, 3 of rules in the files defines their "local" order in the the list.

Rules for plugins are loaded in the order of the plugins.

If a rule that is loaded later has the exact same mesh mask or targets the same reference form id, it will replace the already existing rule.

Plugin rule files in Edit Scripts are superseded by rule files with the same name in Data\DynDOLOD\

Very useful specifics ... however, I want to be sure that these are NOT corrections to my post but more information that can be used to confirm assumptions.

I did not mention clicking on high/medium/low buttons, and I did see this in the doc:

Rules are applied when clicking the low, medium or high buttons. The message window will print a line for each rule file it loaded.

... are you saying that NO rules will be applied (regardless of path) if these buttons are NOT clicked (even custom rules)?

This statement from the doc:

DynDOLOD.exe reads mesh rule from ini files that adhere to a simple file naming convention. Any non alpha numeric character is stripped from the mods filename and then changed to DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp].ini. To supply different rules for low, medium or high presets use DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_low.ini, DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_medium.ini or DynDOLOD_[modfilenameesp]_high.ini.

... implies (IMO) that a rule file lacking *_low|medium|high.ini suffix is applied independently of whether or not any of the presets are clicked (or when ANY of the presents are clicked?).

Was anything I posted just flat-out wrong? No need to explain why if so, since there are ways to verify as  you mentioned. It would just be helpful to me and possibly onlookers if you specify any incorrect assumptions in my post so that I can correct once I know for sure ... to block any misinformation.

39 minutes ago, z929669 said:

... are you saying that NO rules will be applied (regardless of path) if these buttons are NOT clicked (even custom rules)?

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Advanced.html

Once the OK button is clicked, the current settings are saved as a preset to ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Presets\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_Default.ini for the next time DynDOLOD is started.

Low, Medium or High Preset Buttons
Clicking any of the presets buttons will load mesh and reference rules.
Any custom rules will be replaced.

This is how it works since the beginning.

... implies (IMO) that a rule file lacking *_low|medium|high.ini suffix is applied independently of whether or not any of the presets are clicked (or when ANY of the presents are clicked?).

Read the first sentence of the section "How to add rules for your own mod" you are quoting that from:
Rules are applied when clicking the low, medium or high buttons. The message window will print a line for each rule file it loaded.

What changed in DynDOLOD 3 is that, that such notices are only printed to the debug log.

Was anything I posted just flat-out wrong? 

Depends on how you define lower/higher priority for mesh masks.

A more specific mesh mask needs to listed before/higher in the list than a simpler mesh mask. 

The most simplest mesh mask that matches everything is "/". That is why it is last.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The Requirements for DynDOLOD are listed on the first post and the included manual.

Read the manual Overwrite/Load orders. As it explains, refer to the install instructions of  the mod.

I will read again, but I don’t remember any mention of exactly what I should do with the plug-in and it’s records. Before 3.0, the plugin was supposed to go all the way at the bottom. And there were less issues of matching LOD since Noble was the go-to, having its own LOD. Now that other files may have their own LOD, I don’t want the plug-in overwriting my loose files 

20 minutes ago, EazyH said:

Using 3.0, I would need to get home to check for the exact version number, though it’s very recent 

Read the first post, which explains to post any question or feedback in this DynDOLDO 3 alpha thread.

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

If asking questions about mods, it would be nice to link to the mods.

If asking questions about a specific LOD asset file, it would be nice to actually provide the path/filename to that exact file in question. Or a screenshot of stuff in game, one for the LOD, one with the full model  and console open to show its form id.

24 minutes ago, EazyH said:

I will read again, but I don’t remember any mention of exactly what I should do with the plug-in and it’s records. Before 3.0, the plugin was supposed to go all the way at the bottom. And there were less issues of matching LOD since Noble was the go-to, having its own LOD. Now that other files may have their own LOD, I don’t want the plug-in overwriting my loose files 

Plugins do not overwrite loose meshes or texture files. 

Typically LOD assets should overwrite in the same order as the full model/texture they belong to.

As explained - and none of this ever changed - generated output always overwrites everything.