DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

29 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Are you aware of, or have you encountered issues with object references or navmeshes which Z coordinate is below -30,000?

According to some anecdotal report, it's claimed these coordinates cause performance issues with the engine:

Reveal hidden contents

I've used the xEdit scripts (see link above) provided by the mod author, which found and fixed quite a few over-limit Z coordinates in my load order, without ill effects. I can't say that "fixing" the Z coordinates made any difference in-game, because I didn't specifically test before/after.

Anyway, I brought this up as I was wondering if you had an opinion on the subject. I was also thinking, if these over-limit Z coordinates are indeed causing issues - and that's a big IF - they could be reported by DynDOLOD since it already scans a bunch of stuff and reports issues such as potential wild edits which are not strictly LOD-related.

I have not encountered or come across such reports. Maybe the reason for UDRs to be set to -30k and not any lower is deliberate. In that case I would assume that to be the result if something in older TES or FNV games.

I would like to see actual testing or something official from UESP or CK Wiki. I will check with the other xEdit devs. Such a message would be to the debug log only in case of navmeshes.

So far every check and message is related to the LOD patch. For example people would constantly report things floating above the center of the map, when in fact it is simply LOD for a reference that is placed there by a plugin. This check prevents LOD being added and to notify the user so they do not blame DynDOLOD only because its plugin is mentioned overwriting the base record or because it is the last thing that was added to the load order.

7 hours ago, IX_Flipyap said:

After a short amount of time Dyndolod will close its self but MO2 insists its still running and gives me an option to unlock it. 

exa.PNG

No information which DynDOLOD version is being used. No log has been upload.

DynDOLOD closes only after user action and writes the log file. If that does not happen, it means it is being terminated by the OS or antvir maybe.

I suggest to actually read the MO2 message what it says is still running.

5 hours ago, IX_Flipyap said:

That does not really explain anything. Typically problematic records of assets should create an approbriate error message.

On 11/23/2022 at 2:18 AM, sheson said:

Is this repeatable?

If so, does adding TextureCache=100 below [DynDOLOD] to DynDOLOD_SSE.INI change anything?

It's not repeatable, as my second run without any changes didn't invoke the error. I will be making a second pass from scratch though, as my driver issues and MO profile changes had tweaked some files that resulted in some strange unrelated issues. I re-downloaded the whole game and am going through basic cleaning and config of everything. I'll report any issues once I get to DynDOLOD.

When i generate TexGen texture i get missing textures or meshes and i don't understand why. Everything is fine when i play the game. I allready reinstalled all the main files 3 times to be sure anything isnt missing. 

When i use the output afterwards, i get a lot of blue assets in the world.. I'm using mostly parallax textures btw. The logs, the modlist and the skyrim ini is in the files. Thank you so much for your kindness. 

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.zip Skyrim.ini modlist.txt

5 hours ago, Cayamc said:

When i generate TexGen texture i get missing textures or meshes and i don't understand why. Everything is fine when i play the game. I allready reinstalled all the main files 3 times to be sure anything isnt missing. 

When i use the output afterwards, i get a lot of blue assets in the world.. I'm using mostly parallax textures btw. The logs, the modlist and the skyrim ini is in the files. Thank you so much for your kindness. 

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.zip 424.26 kB · 3 downloads Skyrim.ini 2.89 kB · 0 downloads modlist.txt 46.77 kB · 0 downloads

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.
Read the first post which log file to also upload when making posts. You only uploaded the TexGen log, while the posts hints missing textures problems after the LOD patch generation as well.

Read https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Meshes and https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures.

Find out which mods are missing assets. Double check their requirements and installation instructions. Check their comments or bugs sections for related posts.

https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Beyond-Skyrim-Bruma
File not found errors are because not all required assets for LOD generation ship with the mod.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Export.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Reverse_List.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_Tamriel.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_Tamriel.txtLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_MarkarthWorld.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_MarkarthWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_TerrainUnderside_log.txtLODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC01SoulCairn.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_DLC01SoulCairn.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC2ApocryphaWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_SkuldafnWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_SkuldafnWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_Dimfrost.txtLODGen_SSE_Dimfrost_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_Dimfrost.txtLODGen_SSE_Dimfrost_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_WyrmstoothWorld.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_WyrmstoothWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_log.txt      I Ended up getting this issue again. sorry about not posting details. Im using dyndolod3 and here are all the logs made before the process was terminated. the Mo2 version is 2.4.4

Edited by IX_Flipyap
Added MO2 Version

1 hour ago, IX_Flipyap said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Export.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_Reverse_List.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_ChildworldCopies_Tamriel.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_Tamriel.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_Tamriel.txtLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_DLC2SolstheimWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC2SolstheimWorld_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_MarkarthWorld.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_MarkarthWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_TerrainUnderside_log.txtLODGen_SSE_MarkarthWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC01SoulCairn.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC01SoulCairn_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_DLC01SoulCairn.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_DLC2ApocryphaWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_DLC2ApocryphaWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_SkuldafnWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_SkuldafnWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_SkuldafnWorld_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_Dimfrost.txtLODGen_SSE_Dimfrost_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_Dimfrost.txtLODGen_SSE_Dimfrost_TerrainUnderside_log.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_WyrmstoothWorld.txtDynDOLOD_SSE_BillboardsUsed_WyrmstoothWorld.txtLODGen_SSE_WyrmstoothWorld_log.txt      I Ended up getting this issue again. sorry about not posting details. Im using dyndolod3 and here are all the logs made before the process was terminated. the Mo2 version is 2.4.4

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

Delete all logs. Add realtimelog=1 below [DynDOLOD] in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Then execute DynDOLOD again.

See first post which bugreport.txt if it exists to upload in a addition to the new files in the log folder.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Deleted-Reference
https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
Clean and error check the load order with xEdit. Clean every plugin that LOOT suggests to clean

I have found some errors. Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x636f6136
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.19041.2251, time stamp: 0x73bb7c6b
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000204e3
Faulting process id: 0x3314
Faulting application start time: 0x01d902b5c578301f
Faulting application path: E:\SMEFT\tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
Report Id: db0650b4-34d1-45b5-8117-1f6b68375ab2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:         

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Taking Your Firstborn because of this error.

Program: Taking Your Firstborn
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0

1 hour ago, IX_Flipyap said:

I have found some errors. Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x636f6136
Faulting module name: KERNEL32.DLL, version: 10.0.19041.2251, time stamp: 0x73bb7c6b
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x00000000000204e3
Faulting process id: 0x3314
Faulting application start time: 0x01d902b5c578301f
Faulting application path: E:\SMEFT\tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNEL32.DLL
Report Id: db0650b4-34d1-45b5-8117-1f6b68375ab2
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:         

Windows cannot access the file  for one of the following reasons: there is a problem with the network connection, the disk that the file is stored on, or the storage drivers installed on this computer; or the disk is missing. Windows closed the program Taking Your Firstborn because of this error.

Program: Taking Your Firstborn
File: 

The error value is listed in the Additional Data section.
User Action
1. Open the file again. This situation might be a temporary problem that corrects itself when the program runs again.
2. If the file still cannot be accessed and
    - It is on the network, your network administrator should verify that there is not a problem with the network and that the server can be contacted.
    - It is on a removable disk, for example, a floppy disk or CD-ROM, verify that the disk is fully inserted into the computer.
3. Check and repair the file system by running CHKDSK. To run CHKDSK, click Start, click Run, type CMD, and then click OK. At the command prompt, type CHKDSK /F, and then press ENTER.
4. If the problem persists, restore the file from a backup copy.
5. Determine whether other files on the same disk can be opened. If not, the disk might be damaged. If it is a hard disk, contact your administrator or computer hardware vendor for further assistance.

Additional Data
Error value: 00000000
Disk type: 0                     

Read what the event log message tells you about Windows not being able to access the file and follow its suggestions.
There is nothing a program can do about the OS terminating it because of file system issues.

https://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions
Use 7-Zip to unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new and empty 'DynDOLOD' directory that is outside of special OS folders like 'Programs Files' or 'Program Files (x86)', User, Documents, Desktop, Download and also not in SteamApps, game, Data or any mod manager folders. For example C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\.

Could also be power savings related. Also consider adding exceptions to antivir etc.