DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

33 minutes ago, sheson said:

If two shapes have the same shader settings and textures but the alpha looks different it is most likely because of the Alpha threshold set on the NiAlphaProperty.

Ah I think I see the issue. I deleted the NiAlphaProperty entirely from the hybrid nifs.

image.thumb.png.e66acfe465a66504672350c94b3f51ec.png

32 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Ah I think I see the issue. I deleted the NiAlphaProperty entirely from the hybrid nifs.

Ok great that was it.

I also think I discovered a potential bug. I'm not getting my tree lods being created in my flat test world at cells (0,0) and (X,-Y). (X, +Y ) seems to be generating correctly. Anything I could be doing wrong on my end?

Edited by AiElias

19 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Ok great that was it.

I also think I discovered a potential bug. I'm not getting my tree lods being created in my flat test world at cells (0,0) and (X,-Y). (X, +Y ) seems to be generating correctly. Anything I could be doing wrong on my end?

LOD is generated for references that have base records for which LOD assets are defined / discovered. The tools print messages and log files to check on these things.

36 minutes ago, sheson said:

LOD is generated for references that have base records for which LOD assets are defined / discovered. The tools print messages and log files to check on these things.

I can tell you for certain that the base records of those trees definitely had their lods defined because they were generated elsewhere in the worldspace.

14 minutes ago, AiElias said:

I can tell you for certain that the base records of those trees definitely had their lods defined because they were generated elsewhere in the worldspace.

I you require help or want to troubleshoot a problem I suggest to provide actual information. Read the first post what log file to include when making posts.

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

I you require help or want to troubleshoot a problem I suggest to provide actual information. Read the first post what log file to include when making posts.

Yea I always forget. Here.

The Debug_log was too big and I couldn't truncate. Here's link.
https://discord.com/channels/525782915028877323/610980524818694191/883824313717882920

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

7 hours ago, AiElias said:

Yea I always forget. Here.

The Debug_log was too big and I couldn't truncate. Here's link.
https://discord.com/channels/525782915028877323/610980524818694191/883824313717882920

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 36.63 kB · 0 downloads

The log prints 4 lines 

Potentially wild edit reference with z = 0.0
Wild edits often happen when the Creation Kit is used for creating mods. In the game they often manifest as floating objects in the middle of the map. Look up the form id in xEdit and remove the reference, clean the plugin afterwards. Notify mod author.

The message also means the 4 mentioned references are ignored for LOD. Change the z value slightly.

In DynDOLOD 2, there was a setting in the oreset files, RemoveUnseenIgnoreWater, that when toggled on would prevent the program from culling underwater LOD.

This setting is not present in the preset files of DynDOLOD 3, nor does there appear to be another way to achieve the same ends using another setting.

Thus the question: Is there a means of preventing the culling of underwater LOD in DynDOLOD 3, either directly or more crudely by disabling the culling of all unseen faces?

34 minutes ago, SkyrimGirus said:

In DynDOLOD 2, there was a setting in the oreset files, RemoveUnseenIgnoreWater, that when toggled on would prevent the program from culling underwater LOD.

This setting is not present in the preset files of DynDOLOD 3, nor does there appear to be another way to achieve the same ends using another setting.

Thus the question: Is there a means of preventing the culling of underwater LOD in DynDOLOD 3, either directly or more crudely by disabling the culling of all unseen faces?

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_[worldspace].txt

Add a line 
IgnoreWater=true
in the header part.

Execute LODGen in expert mode for the worldspace.

For future LOD generations (this has a bug currently and will work in Alpha 40 and later):

Search ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt for a line like:

"Looking for DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_LODGen_Options_[worldspace].txt"

Replace [worldspace] with the worldspace name that requires the special setting. It is looking for the file in the games Data\DynDOLOD\*.* folder (BSAs first)

Create the path\file in the MO2 mod folder that adds the worldspace and requires the setting.

Add the line
IgnoreWater=true
to the file

Next time LOD is generated it should pick up the file and add the setting to the LODGen export file.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Используйте легальную версию игры. Прочитайте весь первый пост, включая инструкции по установке. В случае возникновения проблемы, действительно прочитайте первый пост, какие файлы журнала загружать при создании постов.

https://ufile.io/f/wtbpm here are the required files. The problem is that I have been using the Alpha version of Dyndolod for a long time, and the problem arose only during the update.

27 minutes ago, maxis123 said:

https://ufile.io/f/wtbpm here are the required files. The problem is that I have been using the Alpha version of Dyndolod for a long time, and the problem arose only during the update.

Use the legal version.
Unpack DynDOLOD into a new empty folder.

Do not install DynDOLOD into mod manager folders as explained in the installation instrucitons.

Do not generate output into mod manager folders as explained in the instructions.

Fix error and warning messages.

Use xEdit to error check the plugins and fix all errors as much  as possible.

Check that ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Dynamic_LOD.txt contains 200+ lines.
Check that ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt contains 2800+ lines.