DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

24 minutes ago, sheson said:

Make a close-up screenshot of the far away object by  opening console, typing tfc and then flying to the object. If it still can be clicked and has a form id, then it may still be the full model with the same reference or a dynamic LOD model with a reference added by a DynDOLOD plugin. If it can not not be clicked and goes away when typing tll in console it is static object LOD. Upload a close-up screenshot and report what it is. Also see https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

"Close" meaning, it has no LOD? If you type tll in console all static terrain, object and tree LOD is disabled and only the 5x5 active cells (the square that still shows terrain/ground), large references and neverfades remain in the LOD area. Is the full model always visible inside the 5x5 active cells uGrids but maybe has no LOD? Also see https://dyndolod.info/How-LOD-Works

Upload H:\Modding Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Export_Tamriel.txt

Ok image 1 when typing tll at a far distance it disappears that mean its static LOD im guessing ?.

As for image 2 here is another pick on how it looks faraway when I get close it just pops in something like a flicker on happens when Dyndolod is enabled though

image.thumb.jpeg.8379ee001c3cda274c061ac3a127c4bd.jpeg

and here Lodgen log https://ufile.io/bg9y3sc8

Edited by MarkAim

1 hour ago, MarkAim said:

Ok image 1 when typing tll at a far distance it disappears that mean its static LOD im guessing ?.

Provide a close-up screenshot of the LOD showing the white textures with as requested.

1 hour ago, MarkAim said:

As for image 2 here is another pick on how it looks faraway when I get close it just pops in something like a flicker on happens when Dyndolod is enabled though

image.thumb.jpeg.8379ee001c3cda274c061ac3a127c4bd.jpeg

This screenshot seems to show the full model is not showing in the active cells. This is not what I would call "far" away?
Does it pop into /out of view when going around it being directly next to it, this couple meter distance?

You can see LOD for this object when you are actually far away? More than 3 to 7 cells. Like throat of the world?

23 minutes ago, sheson said:

Provide a close-up screenshot of the LOD showing the white textures with as requested.

This screenshot seems to show the full model is not showing in the active cells. This is not what I would call "far" away?
Does it pop into /out of view when going around it being directly next to it, this couple meter distance?

You can see LOD for this object when you are actually far away? More than 3 to 7 cells. Like throat of the world?

Ok went to the throat of the world and it does have a LOD there here a pick how it looks and when tll it disappears too so I think its a static LOD ?

20240309103036_1.jpg

Edited by MarkAim

31 minutes ago, MarkAim said:

Ok went to the throat of the world and it does have a LOD there here a pick how it looks and when tll it disappears too so I think its a static LOD ?

20240309103036_1.jpg

Does the full model pop into /out of view when going around it being directly next to it?

On 3/4/2024 at 2:59 AM, Jonado said:

I am getting some weird LOD issues in Solitude. First, I get a duplicate rotor for the Solitude windmill, like in the screenshots. This only happens in winter, where I am using a custom mesh for the windmill, which is based on the mesh from RedBag's Solitude, but with quite heavy modifications (it is not the same as you will find on the mod page of its reference). During autumn, I am using a retexture of the original mesh, and that works fine.

Here is a link to the logs (not sure why the debug log ended up so large): https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ef90b9t3zloufid6620xn/Logs.7z?rlkey=nnt7uh9ohtanmkzlqktnsttdx&dl=0

20240302230302_1.jpg

20240302230308_1.jpg

Replace this file with the one attached ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_texture_replace.txt

This should take care of the duplicate rotor automatically next time you generate LOD.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Does the full model pop into /out of view when going around it being directly next to it?

Yes it does its pops out then just pops in when getting close

Edited by MarkAim

10 hours ago, MarkAim said:

Yes it does its pops out then just pops in when getting close

That is typically is caused by Occlusion planes or boxes. It should also happen without DynDOLOD in the load order.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

That is typically is caused by Occlusion planes or boxes. It should also happen without DynDOLOD in the load order.

Ok thanks for the help Ill have to try and figure that out I guess. What about the white texture issue any idea what that can be ? 

Edit : Its not a Dyndolod issue it seems still getting it with it disabled thanks for the help again.

Edited by MarkAim

53 minutes ago, MarkAim said:

Ok thanks for the help Ill have to try and figure that out I guess. What about the white texture issue any idea what that can be ? 

Edit : Its not a Dyndolod issue it seems still getting it with it disabled thanks for the help again.

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a nice night.

I'm using the GOG anniversary edition, when I try to use the -m, -d, and -p commands I get the following error message

Spoiler

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Installation path not allowed.

[Content]
R:\DynDOLOD\

Reason: game data: \

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

it says something in additional explanations about my installation paths, but I don't have it in my game folder at all. When I google around its mostly people installing either their game, or dynodolod itself in a uac protected folder or something which I know I haven't done.  I also tried putting the dynDOLOD folder on c:\ and get the same error message. What am I missing? Here is what my command arguments are.

R:\DynDOLOD\TexGenx64.exe -m "C:\Users\Reese\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG" -p "C:\Users\Reese\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Plugins.txt" -d "R:\Other Libraries\GOG Galaxy\Library\Skyrim Anniversary Edition\Data" -sse

3 hours ago, RedHelix said:

Hi guys, hope everyone is having a nice night.

I'm using the GOG anniversary edition, when I try to use the -m, -d, and -p commands I get the following error message

Reveal hidden contents

it says something in additional explanations about my installation paths, but I don't have it in my game folder at all. When I google around its mostly people installing either their game, or dynodolod itself in a uac protected folder or something which I know I haven't done.  I also tried putting the dynDOLOD folder on c:\ and get the same error message. What am I missing? Here is what my command arguments are.

https://dyndolod.info#Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOGhttps://dyndolod.info/Mods/Skyrim-Special-Edition-GOG-Skyrim-Anniversary-Edition-GOGhttps://dyndolod.info/Help/Command-Line-Argument all explain the correct command lines to use when using the GOG version.

-m:"c:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\"
-p:"c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\plugins.txt"
-d:"c:\GOG Games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\Data\"

Note the colon

On 3/9/2024 at 5:42 PM, sheson said:

Replace this file with the one attached ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_texture_replace.txt

This should take care of the duplicate rotor automatically next time you generate LOD.

Thanks! I don't plan to regenerate LOD in a while, but will tell you if it doesn't work when I have done so (but checking the contents of the file, I don't see why it wouldn't).

What would keep the Large reference bugs workarounds and the Downgrade FarGrid references to NearGrid options from showing up?  There is a blank space where they should be.
I am using DynDOLOD 3.00-68518-Alpha-167.

*Nevermind. It was because I didn't have DynDOLOD DLL NG and Script enabled.

Edited by BuddyKidd

I haven't managed to complete the troubleshooting for the on load crashes yet, still working on it. But I wanted to ask for some clarification about how texture transparency works with LODs.

The dyndolod website states the following:

LOD does not support alpha blending of textures. It can either be transparent or not and the threshold is typically 128. In case a full model texture uses alpha or a different threshold, consider creating a dedicated object LOD texture with the threshold in mind.

If the full model texture uses alpha, will the parts of the texture below the threshold always be transparent, even if the LOD model in question doesn't have a NiAlphaProperty in the block that uses said texture? So if I don't want the texture to be transparent at all, is the only way to make a dedicated object LOD texture without alpha?

Edited by Blackread