DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

6 hours ago, Omniguous said:

sorry for yet another post... though this one might have some potential..

ive been noticing a LOT of tree LOD issues. the LOD doesnt seem to be unloading.

3 images are attached. lod-1.jpg was when i first saw the issue today and was showing others since i thought it was odd.
then i re-installed the resources but did NOT run QAC on them.

i was running around randomly and it seemed fine. but then i fast travelled to sunshine trading co-op and saw lod-2.jpg.
this made me quite curious. so then i made a second copy of the resources (in a separate MO2 mod folder on the left pane) an re-ran lodgen but cleaned the hightrees plugin. it came up with the same result. 

note: im exiting the game using qqq so it doesnt make an exit save. when i load, im where i was before i fast travelled. i then immediately fast travel to sunshine trading co-op and look to these trees.

i then disabled the generated LOD files and the resource files. that resulted in lod-3.jpg.

one other thing: the 'dirty' version of high trees (with the ITM) produces ~3,000 more files (total) than without the ITM. i (personally, in my inexperience) find that odd considering it is an ITM, but for all i know, it's done a different way than id expect.

additional info:

i have another mod : `LOD Textures for FO4LODGen'. i have this enabled ONLY when generating and disable before playing. it is from Fallout 4 HD Overhaul at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) . it's one of the optional files.

if anything else may be required or helpful, then i'll try my best to provide it.

again: im sorry if im being a pest. and i really appreciate any assistance and your patience.

lod-1.jpg

lod-2.jpg

lod-3.jpg

There is no "tree LOD" in FO4. LOD for trees is always in done in object LOD.

These issues typically have nothing to do with the generated LOD meshes and textures. Make sure to use the latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta version.

Since I do not play or mod FO4, I do not come across or remember (m)any of its engine issues. Maybe pre-combines need to be updated for that area. In Skyrim this can happen because of uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 or fBlockLevel0Distance=60000 INI settings.

Removing an ITM from plugin can not have the result you are reporting, obviously. If no other plugin overwrites the record it, the ITM existing or not can simply not change anything.

I suggest to really pay attention to the log messages. I suggest to make the INI vanilla and remove any custom settings in case of problems.

13 hours ago, KatCut said:

Hey! I've been using ur mod on my playthrouh since the beginning for 2 weeks now. I'm decently far through the game and I almost never fast travel. I only travel by walking no sprinting either. I love the immersion ur mod can provide specially as it performs incredibly well given the immense improvement it provides over the vanilla game. However, I've notice that I got some "Hot spots" on certain areas, where, my game lags quite a lot. I usually get well over 100 fps 99% of the time while walking without a hitch, running the game with vsync and gsync at 75 hz. When I walk around Kynesgrove and the Windhelm's docks my fps drops to bellow 60 around the 50s which triggers my vsync and halfs my fps as per usual vsync functionality. Gsync can help with fps drops when they are over my monitor minimum fps threshold, which is between 55 to 75hz. When the game gets to below 55 I get an effective frame rate of half of 75. It looks horrible. I want to know if this is expected behavior on certain areas as the game can overload with lods even with dyndolod. Or if there shouldn't be such anomalies in frame rate and either there is an issue with the mod or with my load order. I'm running dyndolod on high settings with grass lod and tree lod on ultra. My pc is pretty decent: 2060 SUPER(equivalent to 2070 8gbs of vram), Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb of ddr4 ram and a sata ssd. When I disable dyndolod as per the instructions on the mods's mcm I get normal frame rates, so it's definetly dyndolod.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad English.

See the first post which log files to upload when making posts.

Every mod in the load order and setting adds to resource requirements and performance impact.

You are certain none of the other mods and INI settings could be disabled or tuned down to similarly lesson the resource requirements or performance impact?

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance It can obviously be very demanding.

If only disabling dynamic LOD in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM has a very noticeable effect, it could mean there is a very high number of dynamic LOD objects active at a time or there is a very demanding full model used for dynamic LOD.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

See the first post which log files to upload when making posts.

Every mod in the load order and setting adds to resource requirements and performance impact.

You are certain none of the other mods and INI settings could be disabled or tuned down to similarly lesson the resource requirements or performance impact?

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance It can obviously be very demanding.

If only disabling dynamic LOD in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM has a very noticeable effect, it could mean there is a very high number of dynamic LOD objects active at a time or there is a very demanding full model used for dynamic LOD.

here is the link to the log https://ufile.io/bow8oni1 Do I need to post the load order as well or is it already in the log? It's too large for me to read it, so idk if it's there already or not.

Edit: Lowering the game's setting to high in bethini didn't help much in that particular area. My modlist is very small copared to most modlist with just less than 200 individual mods and 100 plugins. No quest or gameplay mod or even location mod. One big texture mod skyrim realistic over haul and a few smaller ones and thats it. Running enhanced vanilla trees and a light weight grass mod. I regenerated dyndolod again but on medium settings and it helped nothing, but lowering it from ultra trees to tree lod helped a bit but I could still feel a large fps drop.

Edit 2: I do have precashed grass and grass lod as well.

Edited by KatCut

30 minutes ago, KatCut said:

here is the link to the log https://ufile.io/bow8oni1 Do I need to post the load order as well or is it already in the log? It's too large for me to read it, so idk if it's there already or not.

Edit: Lowering the game's setting to high in bethini didn't help much in that particular area. My modlist is very small copared to most modlist with just less than 200 individual mods and 100 plugins. No quest or gameplay mod or even location mod. One big texture mod skyrim realistic over haul and a few smaller ones and thats it. Running enhanced vanilla trees and a light weight grass mod. I regenerated dyndolod again but on medium settings and it helped nothing, but lowering it from ultra trees to tree lod helped a bit but I could still feel a large fps drop.

Edit 2: I do have precashed grass and grass lod as well.

Also upload the debug log as explained in the first post.

Use ultra tree LOD but with Billboards only in all LOD levels.

What grass LOD density did you use? Consider 50%, 33% or even 25%. Reduce the distance of the first object LOD Level in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM to see if it helps.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Also upload the debug log as explained in the first post.

Use ultra tree LOD but with Billboards only in all LOD levels.

What grass LOD density did you use? Consider 50%, 33% or even 25%. Reduce the distance of the first object LOD Level in the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM to see if it helps.

So I did another test by regenerating dyndolod and texgen but without grass lod and it removed almost all the fps drops I could walk around kynsgrove all around without any fps drop below 75 fps(my monitor's refresh rate with gsync and vsync and display tweaks mod) I did notice one single massive stutter as I was walking around the kynesgrove are but after that it was smoth as butter. What can I do to make grass lod performant? I'll also post the debug log: https://ufile.io/bube2axt

3 hours ago, KatCut said:

So I did another test by regenerating dyndolod and texgen but without grass lod and it removed almost all the fps drops I could walk around kynsgrove all around without any fps drop below 75 fps(my monitor's refresh rate with gsync and vsync and display tweaks mod) I did notice one single massive stutter as I was walking around the kynesgrove are but after that it was smoth as butter. What can I do to make grass lod performant? I'll also post the debug log: https://ufile.io/bube2axt

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#Performance.
The easiest option is to lower the density.

Also load low, medium or high rules without checking Candles and FXGlow beforehand so that there is less dynamic LOD.

Hi,

in the last days, i tried to generate grass in dyndolod, but i cant get it to show in game. On this way, some things confuse me.

I read on some grass mods pages on Nexus that the generation of grass failes if the grass has "No Object Bound". Is this true? And what does that mean for the popular grass mods like Verdant and Folkvangr? They cant be used until the Mod Authors updates this? I use Verdant, so maybe this is the problem?

Another thing that grinds my gears is the need of Grass LOD. With NGIO, the draw distance could be set to very high values, which would eliminate the need of Grass LOD.

Does Grass LOD has much better performance than the grass from NGIO? Seems obvious, but i just want confirmation on this.

Another thing is: It would help a lot, when some Users who did get Grass LOD to work would upload Pictures as reference. By doing this, the new User would know that it is possible with different LOs and different grass mods. The OPs from you seem to be with a Vanilla Setup.

So now to my Grass LOD generation:

Skyrim 1.5.80

DynDOLODGrassMode = 1

uGridsToLoad = 7

https://ufile.io/f/jzlj3

Result: Grass loaded in loaded Grids, but cuts right after that. No sign of any grass from Grass LOD

21 minutes ago, d1ebels said:

Hi,

in the last days, i tried to generate grass in dyndolod, but i cant get it to show in game. On this way, some things confuse me.

I read on some grass mods pages on Nexus that the generation of grass failes if the grass has "No Object Bound". Is this true? And what does that mean for the popular grass mods like Verdant and Folkvangr? They cant be used until the Mod Authors updates this? I use Verdant, so maybe this is the problem?

Another thing that grinds my gears is the need of Grass LOD. With NGIO, the draw distance could be set to very high values, which would eliminate the need of Grass LOD.

Does Grass LOD has much better performance than the grass from NGIO? Seems obvious, but i just want confirmation on this.

Another thing is: It would help a lot, when some Users who did get Grass LOD to work would upload Pictures as reference. By doing this, the new User would know that it is possible with different LOs and different grass mods. The OPs from you seem to be with a Vanilla Setup.

So now to my Grass LOD generation:

Skyrim 1.5.80

DynDOLODGrassMode = 1

uGridsToLoad = 7

https://ufile.io/f/jzlj3

Result: Grass loaded in loaded Grids, but cuts right after that. No sign of any grass from Grass LOD

Read the second post and the grass LOD manual it links https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.

The entire process is explained with links to further explanations about things, including how TexGen uses the object bounds to decide for which grasses or trees to generate billboards for automatically. It also links to explanations about the objects bounds and how to use the CK to update the object bounds . Search this thread for similar discussions and explanations.

Make sure to read the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

Of course you can increase the distance of full grass to render as far as you want with  NGIO instead of using grass LOD. However, obviously grass LOD requires less resources and performance than full model grass as explained on https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.

For performance and stability leave uGridsToLoad default.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the second post and the grass LOD manual it links https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.

The entire process is explained with links to further explanations about things, including how TexGen uses the object bounds to decide for which grasses or trees to generate billboards for automatically. It also links to explanations about the objects bounds and how to use the CK to update the object bounds . Search this thread for similar discussions and explanations.

Make sure to read the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

Of course you can increase the distance of full grass to render as far as you want with  NGIO instead of using grass LOD. However, obviously grass LOD requires less resources and performance than full model grass as explained on https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD.

For performance and stability leave uGridsToLoad default.

Alright, seems like the object bounds are at fault.

https://imgur.com/a/w2NzgT3

kinda hard to see, but there are some grass lods, but only for snowy grass. the brown grass seems to have problems. I will try to update it in the CK.

Thanks for support!

Hey again,
maybe this is an alpha 58 thing, I don't know, but I haven't had this issue prior to version .57 I think.

Sometimes some LODs won't dissappear if I come closer. They will overlapping with the full models until I went in an interior cell and right back outsite. But I could only observe it near villages/towns and not all models are affected. There it is a tree, there a house (but than not all trees ore houses), rocks, etc.

First I thought it has something to do like in this thread, but I had never made this ini setting: uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 (so I assume it was always =16) or could it be helpful to generate again, but this time with Level32=1 and uLockedObjectMapLOD=32?
I did not changed my loadorder since the last generation without the issue - at least I assume so. If I did changed the loadorder and I used the Skyrim SE - Generate Large Reference script via xEdit, is it possible to regenerate them without redownloading the plugin. Maybe there are now references on the wrong position, because the loadorder changed? Or do I misunderstand this?

Here are the logs from the last generation (as I don't exactly know which one you need, I put all in there) - and yes I know, there are some 'overwritten large references' and ' initially disabled references' in the report, but they were never a problem - if they are a problem now): Link to download

And here is a picture as an example what happens (this is from Annekes House in Darkwatercrossing - if I would go from here to Ivarstead, there would be the same result with buildings, trees, etc.):

Screen-Shot282.png

I looked the building ID up in xEdit, it's only Skyrim related and doesn't get overwritten by anything. uGridsToLoad is set (and has always been) to = 5.

Maybe I did something fundamentally wrong with flagging plugins as .esm and generate the Large References via script. This happened never before. For me it looks as if DynDOLOD 'is not fast enough' to switch from LOD to fullmodel and than both stick at the same place. I observe the 'flicker' while changing often (I know this is engine related) but in these cases the change won't happen.

Let me know if I could do anything else before I try to generate LODs again - or is an updating enough?

Edited by PRieST

34 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Hey again,
maybe this is an alpha 58 thing, I don't know, but I haven't had this issue prior to version .57 I think.

Sometimes some LODs won't dissappear if I come closer. They will overlapping with the full models until I went in an interior cell and right back outsite. But I could only observe it near villages/towns and not all models are affected. There it is a tree, there a house (but than not all trees ore houses), rocks, etc.

First I thought it has something to do like in this thread, but I had never made this ini setting: uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 (so I assume it was always =16) or could it be helpful to generate again, but this time with Level32=1 and uLockedObjectMapLOD=32?
I did not changed my loadorder since the last generation without the issue - at least I assume so. If I did changed the loadorder and I used the Skyrim SE - Generate Large Reference script via xEdit, is it possible to regenerate them without redownloading the plugin. Maybe there are now references on the wrong position, because the loadorder changed? Or do I misunderstand this?

Here are the logs from the last generation (as I don't exactly know which one you need, I put all in there) - and yes I know, there are some 'overwritten large references' and ' initially disabled references' in the report, but they were never a problem - if they are a problem now): Link to download

And here is a picture as an example what happens (this is from Annekes House in Darkwatercrossing - if I would go from here to Ivarstead, there would be the same result with buildings, trees, etc.):

Screen-Shot282.png

I looked the building ID up in xEdit, it's only Skyrim related and doesn't get overwritten by anything. uGridsToLoad is set (and has always been) to = 5.

Maybe I did something fundamentally wrong with flagging plugins as .esm and generate the Large References via script. This happened never before. For me it looks as if DynDOLOD 'is not fast enough' to switch from LOD to fullmodel and than both stick at the same place. I observe the 'flicker' while changing often (I know this is engine related) but in these cases the change won't happen.

Let me know if I could do anything else before I try to generate LODs again - or is an updating enough?

See answer for "Object LOD shows in active exterior cells" and "Out of place or floating objects"" at  https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

The screenshot and post does not seem to mention if the object showing the LOD model is from object LOD that disappears with tll in console or is a reference that has its own form id.

Normally the walkway 00062E56 is not a large reference and should not have dynamic LOD.

So, if it is object LOD that does not unload it is typically the uLockedObjectMapLOD or the fBlockLevel0Distance with a value close to 60,000.
Test with vanilla INI using the High setting for Distant Object Detail.

I can not troubleshoot "maybe flagging plugins as ESM did this" etc. Test with unmodified plugins. Large reference bugs happen outside the active cells.

hi again.. just wanted to tie loose ends.

i ran the lodgen "as normal" except i didnt use the 'high trees' plugin at all (removed from load order).

it had ~9,000 files. so, i checked the log. did a search for ERROR. found 1 result. it had to do with "optimize unseen on LOD32"

it recommended running with that OFF or on x64 binary. i tried the x64 binary.

no ERROR in log AND it had ~12,000 files.

going to presume that that error caused the aforementioned 3,000-file discrepancy that i erroneously attributed to the ITM.

thank you for your patience.

PS: i just launched with this fresh LOD and the graphical glitch with the trees isnt happening anymore. dang intermittent glitches.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:41 PM, sheson said:

See answer for "Object LOD shows in active exterior cells" and "Out of place or floating objects"" at  https://dyndolod.info/FAQ

The screenshot and post does not seem to mention if the object showing the LOD model is from object LOD that disappears with tll in console or is a reference that has its own form id.

Normally the walkway 00062E56 is not a large reference and should not have dynamic LOD.

So, if it is object LOD that does not unload it is typically the uLockedObjectMapLOD or the fBlockLevel0Distance with a value close to 60,000.
Test with vanilla INI using the High setting for Distant Object Detail.

I can not troubleshoot "maybe flagging plugins as ESM did this" etc. Test with unmodified plugins. Large reference bugs happen outside the active cells.

So, first, I regenerated with Level32=1 and uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 -> no difference.
Second, I got rid of FPS Stabilizer as I thought it would cause the issue -> no difference.
I am using fBlockLevel0Distance at 35,000 (I think this is the vanilla/default value?) -> no difference.

I went again from Ivarstead to Darkwater Crossing and made again two screenshots to show, that there are definitely LODs which are staying at the same place as the full models. I used the tll command the the LODs are disappearing as expected:

Screen-Shot302.png

Screen-Shot303.png

Everywhere else the LODs and full models are switching correctly, but not in villages/towns if I come close. As said before, as I go into in interior cell and go outside again, the LODs are dissapeared as the should.

I thought about at what time it happened: And I assume it wasn't with version .53 or .54 I could test it in generating LODs with one of these versions to know exactly at what point it happened. Never had this problem before and I changed nothing despite adding/removing mods completely unrelated to landscapes/worldspace edits. It still could be a user error as I did something fundamentally wrong, but maybe it's still a bug in the alpha, I don't know.

Edited by PRieST