DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

You will need to generate your grass cache with your mods under 1.5.97 and then use that to gen LOD under 1.6.xxx against (nearly) same mod list. Otherwise, you must wait for .Net FW for NGIO under 1.6.xxx

I figured. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Quick said:

I should have been more specific, sorry.

I meant for Skyrim AE. I'm on SSE 1.6.xxx.

I know Net Framework doesn't work for this version yet. If there's a way to do grass LOD I haven't come across it yet.

DynDOLOD does not require a specific runtime version to generate  grass LOD in object LOD.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/15606-dyndolod-300-alpha-58/?do=findComment&comment=254861

It did it gives me 1 entry "File Not Found Textures" and in the end 

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds. Used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:CD28E5EB]

im really new to this. Does anyone have any tips how to solve this.

29 minutes ago, skyrimFTW said:

It did it gives me 1 entry "File Not Found Textures" and in the end 

Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\erowanbranch01_n.dds. Used by Meshes\cwi\flora\hoddminir\trees\hodrowantreegkb03wflowers.nif CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp CWIHodRowan [TREE:CD28E5EB]

im really new to this. Does anyone have any tips how to solve this.

https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Textures

File not found texture errors are solved by installing the missing file. The message tells you the mesh that uses that texture. It also tells you the plugin and thus you should be able to identify the mod.

As explained in the linked help page, missing normal map textures (*_n.dds) are automatically substituted with the default flat normal map.

Hey! I've been using ur mod on my playthrouh since the beginning for 2 weeks now. I'm decently far through the game and I almost never fast travel. I only travel by walking no sprinting either. I love the immersion ur mod can provide specially as it performs incredibly well given the immense improvement it provides over the vanilla game. However, I've notice that I got some "Hot spots" on certain areas, where, my game lags quite a lot. I usually get well over 100 fps 99% of the time while walking without a hitch, running the game with vsync and gsync at 75 hz. When I walk around Kynesgrove and the Windhelm's docks my fps drops to bellow 60 around the 50s which triggers my vsync and halfs my fps as per usual vsync functionality. Gsync can help with fps drops when they are over my monitor minimum fps threshold, which is between 55 to 75hz. When the game gets to below 55 I get an effective frame rate of half of 75. It looks horrible. I want to know if this is expected behavior on certain areas as the game can overload with lods even with dyndolod. Or if there shouldn't be such anomalies in frame rate and either there is an issue with the mod or with my load order. I'm running dyndolod on high settings with grass lod and tree lod on ultra. My pc is pretty decent: 2060 SUPER(equivalent to 2070 8gbs of vram), Ryzen 5 3600, 16gb of ddr4 ram and a sata ssd. When I disable dyndolod as per the instructions on the mods's mcm I get normal frame rates, so it's definetly dyndolod.

Help would be much appreciated. Thank you for reading and sorry for my bad English.

I have changed some textures and re-run all the LOD generators in my Elysium mod-list, including a new grass cache. But i have far grass that has different color than near grass. I used the STEP settings for all the tools, because i don't trust the default settings left by the Elysium author (b/c not sure if those are the settings really used). What could be the reason for the issue seen in the pics?

2021-12-28 22 29 33.jpg

2021-12-28 22 29 36.jpg

Edited by jjensson

Your ENB is significantly reddening the grass. You will need to adjust the settings for the grass LOD accordingly, or adjust the ENB. Try modifying the grass brightness parameters for DynDOLOD like this:

Divide your GrassBrightnessTopR and GrassBrightnessBottomR by 1.7

Divide your GrassBrightnessTopG and GrassBrightnessBottomG by 2.7

Divide your GrassBrightnessTopB and GrassBrightnessBottomB by 5

Then Rebuild Atlas in DynDOLOD and to update your grass LOD textures.

Not sure how well this will work, but give it a shot.

@DoubleYou's algorithm should increase red sufficiently to make a difference, but you essentially want to increase GrassBrightnessTopR relative to GrassBrightnessTopG and GrassBrightnessTopB. (@DoubleYou what's the basis for the inverse factors you are using? Just curious, as these are precise.)

Default in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini is:

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
GrassBrightnessTopR=0.400
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.445
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.450
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.200
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.223
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.225

... we have a similar issue in Step's SSE build with ENB, which is essentially fixed using (note that R is increased relative to G/B):

GrassBrightnessTopR=0.295
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.315
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.300
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.170
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.175
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.180

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

@DoubleYou's algorithm should increase red sufficiently to make a difference, but you essentially want to increase GrassBrightnessTopR relative to GrassBrightnessTopG and GrassBrightnessTopB. (@DoubleYou what's the basis for the inverse factors you are using? Just curious, as these are precise.)

Default in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini is:

GrassBrightnessTopR=0.400
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.445
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.450
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.200
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.223
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.225

... we have a similar issue in Step's SSE build with ENB, which is essentially fixed using (note that R is increased relative to G/B):

GrassBrightnessTopR=0.295
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.315
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.300
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.170
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.175
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.180

I'm trying to use math that may or may not work. I'd rather not disclose my nonsense unless I see it works, as I haven't really tested the theory.

EDIT1: pause!! i forgot a folder with a bunch of lod-related files. re-running and will update as needed. sorry.

hello, again. im hoping this is a really simple answer to a stupid novice-tier question:

[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.16.80.64.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.32.64.64.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.92.76_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.92.72_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.88.76_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.88.72_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.8.88.72_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.32.64.64_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.16.80.64_msn.dds
[09:49] Building terrain LOD textures elapsed time: 09:06
[09:52] [Commonwealth] Generating Object LOD
[12:42] [Commonwealth] No options file found: G:\TOOLS_\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\FO4LODGen_Fallout4_Commonwealth_Options.txt
[12:42] [Commonwealth] Saving LODGen data: G:\TOOLS_\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt
[13:00] [Commonwealth] Building LOD textures atlas: G:\FO4LODGen-Output\textures\terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\Commonwealth.Objects.dds

are the large gaps (timestamp-wise) expected behaviour? 

thanks again, and i appreciate your patience.

Edited by Omniguous
made a mistake when running the program. might affect post.

didnt realise i wouldnt be able to re-edit it later...

but it didnt change the results, much.

[07:20] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.84.84_msn.dds
[07:20] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.16.80.80_msn.dds
[07:20] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.32.64.64_msn.dds
[10:03] Building terrain LOD textures elapsed time: 09:19
[10:06] [Commonwealth] Generating Object LOD
[12:57] [Commonwealth] No options file found: G:\TOOLS_\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\FO4LODGen_Fallout4_Commonwealth_Options.txt
[12:57] [Commonwealth] Saving LODGen data: G:\TOOLS_\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt
[13:16] [Commonwealth] Building LOD textures atlas: G:\FO4LODGen-Output\textures\terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\Commonwealth.Objects.dds
[14:38] ============================================================
[14:38] Skyrim Object LOD Generator 3.0.0.0

sorry for yet another post... though this one might have some potential..

ive been noticing a LOT of tree LOD issues. the LOD doesnt seem to be unloading.

3 images are attached. lod-1.jpg was when i first saw the issue today and was showing others since i thought it was odd.
then i re-installed the resources but did NOT run QAC on them.

i was running around randomly and it seemed fine. but then i fast travelled to sunshine trading co-op and saw lod-2.jpg.
this made me quite curious. so then i made a second copy of the resources (in a separate MO2 mod folder on the left pane) an re-ran lodgen but cleaned the hightrees plugin. it came up with the same result. 

note: im exiting the game using qqq so it doesnt make an exit save. when i load, im where i was before i fast travelled. i then immediately fast travel to sunshine trading co-op and look to these trees.

i then disabled the generated LOD files and the resource files. that resulted in lod-3.jpg.

one other thing: the 'dirty' version of high trees (with the ITM) produces ~3,000 more files (total) than without the ITM. i (personally, in my inexperience) find that odd considering it is an ITM, but for all i know, it's done a different way than id expect.

additional info:

i have another mod : `LOD Textures for FO4LODGen'. i have this enabled ONLY when generating and disable before playing. it is from Fallout 4 HD Overhaul at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) . it's one of the optional files.

if anything else may be required or helpful, then i'll try my best to provide it.

again: im sorry if im being a pest. and i really appreciate any assistance and your patience.

lod-1.jpg

lod-2.jpg

lod-3.jpg

12 hours ago, jjensson said:

I have changed some textures and re-run all the LOD generators in my Elysium mod-list, including a new grass cache. But i have far grass that has different color than near grass. I used the STEP settings for all the tools, because i don't trust the default settings left by the Elysium author (b/c not sure if those are the settings really used). What could be the reason for the issue seen in the pics?

2021-12-28 22 29 33.jpg

2021-12-28 22 29 36.jpg

See the first post of the DynDOLOD 3 alpha thread where to make posts when participating in the alpha test. I move the thread to it.

As https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD explains, "in case the grass LOD brightness or color seems off (it might depend on weathers or ENB settings), change the GrassBrightnessTop* and GrassBrightnessBottom* settings in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini."

Especially ENBs image based lighting has a big influence.

7 hours ago, Omniguous said:

EDIT1: pause!! i forgot a folder with a bunch of lod-related files. re-running and will update as needed. sorry.

hello, again. im hoping this is a really simple answer to a stupid novice-tier question:

[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.16.80.64.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.32.64.64.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.92.76_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.92.72_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.88.76_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.4.88.72_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.8.88.72_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.32.64.64_msn.dds
[07:11] g:\fo4lodgen-output\textures\terrain\commonwealth\commonwealth.16.80.64_msn.dds
[09:49] Building terrain LOD textures elapsed time: 09:06
[09:52] [Commonwealth] Generating Object LOD
[12:42] [Commonwealth] No options file found: G:\TOOLS_\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\FO4LODGen_Fallout4_Commonwealth_Options.txt
[12:42] [Commonwealth] Saving LODGen data: G:\TOOLS_\xLODGen\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt
[13:00] [Commonwealth] Building LOD textures atlas: G:\FO4LODGen-Output\textures\terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\Commonwealth.Objects.dds

are the large gaps (timestamp-wise) expected behaviour? 

thanks again, and i appreciate your patience.

The title of xEdit/xLODGen often shows additional information what is being done at the moment. Processing records in plugins, generating meshes, saving and converting textures all take time.

The title of xEdit/xLODGen often has additional information what is being done at the moment.