Clarity - A Visual Overhaul (by Bretton)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
Clarity - A Visual Overhaul by Bretton
Wiki Link

If there's one gripe I have with the vanilla weather, it is that everything is way too blurred out. Can't see very far in the distance well. This looks like it might fix that.

Probably best to use the 4.2 main file, by preliminary analysis. Masterlix recommends removing the Lights records as well, which we can likely handle in the patch, if necessary.

Accepted for 1.0.0.

• Using 4.3 version. 
  • Remove the ini file. We will do our own edits as necessary.
  • Remove puddle edits in conflict resolution.
  • Radiant Clouds and Fogs requires conflict resolution.
  • Vault 88 Essentials should load after this.
  • Lightweight Lighting should load after this, but a patch would be needed to use all the fog settings.
  • Consider adjusting fog so it is not all the same, but that's likely a whole new mod you're talking... low priority.

I've been using the 4.2 main file in my playthroughs with Lightweight Lighting and it basically just pushes the annoying fog into oblivion. I don't recall it changing anything other than fog and it's a very simple to carry forward into the patch.

41 minutes ago, Greg said:

I've been using the 4.2 main file in my playthroughs with Lightweight Lighting and it basically just pushes the annoying fog into oblivion. I don't recall it changing anything other than fog and it's a very simple to carry forward into the patch.

Good. That's what I was hoping.

I have to retract all of that after looking at this again and jogging my memory. Both are essentially a lighting mod so they aren't really compatible with each other. What I had done is a hack that lets Lightweight Lighting override Clarity, forwarded Clarity's fog changes into my patch to mostly remove the fog effects, and then deactivated Clarity.

It's pretty much the same with both versions so it really depends on which parts of Clarity vs Lightweight Lighting we want to use.Some of it is relatively straight-forward in that Climate changes the fog settings in the cells and the PRP-Clarity patch carries these forward for us.

The conflicts in image spaces, lighting templates, etc. can potentially be tricky, although I'm inclined to let Lightweight Lighting win most of the conflicts here.

• 1 month later...

I like this mod, but it so evil in how simple some of the tweaks are, and how "same" it is. Literally, the fog is the same everywhere. Fog near: 1000. Fog far: 600000. I think I may change this up a bit in conflict resolution, but that is low priority to me. Enough people have used it like this and liked it that I'm not really worried about that.

It also removes puddles completely via the records. I'll plan to revert this in conflict resolution.

There is a bunch of conflicts from Lightweight Lighting as well, but I understand these records well enough to patch the changes I might want if I end up liking that mod.

All in all, running around with this, I see it as a very good improvement, so I'm marking this as Accepted for 1.0.0.