Cleaning the vanilla Fallout 4 masters

DoubleYou

I know we have discussed the issue of cleaning the vanilla masters in regards to Skyrim, and for the Skyrim Special Edition guide it was found to be necessary, especially as regards Large References. However, Fallout 4 doesn't use the large reference system, and there is some general conflicting views in cleaning them in regards to Fallout 4. For instance, the Previsibines Repair Pack, which is the main source for fixing the precombines issue, operates on the assumption that the vanilla masters are uncleaned. 

I am going to operate based off our previous discussions and decide to skip the cleaning process for Fallout 4 vanilla masters, but I would like to leave this open for discussion based off anyone who has knowledge/experience around this topic.

The general consensus I've heard from trustworthy sources is that the vanilla masters for Fallout 4 should not be cleaned.

In other news, I heard this morning that UFO4P has a lot of old fixes that break previsbines that will be removed in the upcoming 2.1.4 release. I imagine these are already included or will be included in PRP.

11 hours ago, Greg said:

The general consensus I've heard from trustworthy sources is that the vanilla masters for Fallout 4 should not be cleaned.

In other news, I heard this morning that UFO4P has a lot of old fixes that break previsbines that will be removed in the upcoming 2.1.4 release. I imagine these are already included or will be included in PRP.

Thanks for confirming what I have read. The author of PRP seems to have built a good relationship with the Unofficial Patch Team and is no doubt the source of these changes.