SSE - Skyrim Sun Enhanced (by grvulture)

z929669

Discussion topic:
SSE - Skyrim Sun Enhanced by grvulture
Wiki Link

I think it's an improvement. I tested several sun replacers, and this is the only one that looks better than Step 2.0.0 (vanilla sun). The others (Improved Vanilla Sun, Simply The Sun for Sse) make the sun much bigger and basically wash out the sky with our setup.

The following were tested at about 8:30 AM in clear (81a) weather.

Step 2.0.0 (vanilla)  >  this mod

0 2.0.0 (vanilla).jpgSSE - Skyrim Sun Enhanced.jpg

53 minutes ago, Mousetick said:

Looks very good. There are 3 variants available for download. Which one did you use in your shot?

That one is the "no lens flare" option. The lens flare versions look good and just adds a subtle halo (or two) but is otherwise identical, but I suspect Tech and perhaps others will not want it, since it is not present in vanilla and we are disabling  sunsprite in our ENB. I prefer the effect though. If we use this one, I'd say it should be user preference.

I will grab shots of the lens flare versions this evening and post them if people want to see them.

I will likely run with lens flare option (single) as well as ENB sunsprite in my game.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

That one is the "no lens flare" option. The lens flare versions look good and just adds a subtle halo (or two) but is otherwise identical, but I suspect Tech and perhaps others will not want it, since it is not present in vanilla and we are disabling  sunsprite in our ENB. I prefer the effect though. If we use this one, I'd say it should be user preference.

I will grab shots of the lens flare versions this evening and post them if people want to see them.

I will likely run with lens flare option (single) as well as ENB sunsprite in my game.

Yeah, I don't want lens effects. I always turn that stuff and screen effects off. Why? Because I play in first-person and roleplay as the character. I don't play the character through the lens of a camera, I am the character. Therefore, lens and screen effects are just gimmicky when you think about it like that. You don't have lensing effects from your own eyes. You don't have blood stuck to your view in globs and spots unless you're wearing something over your eyes...and I never use helmets.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, I don't want lens effects. I always turn that stuff and screen effects off. Why? Because I play in first-person and roleplay as the character. I don't play the character through the lens of a camera, I am the character. Therefore, lens and screen effects are just gimmicky when you think about it like that. You don't have lensing effects from your own eyes. You don't have blood stuck to your view in globs and spots unless you're wearing something over your eyes...and I never use helmets.

Yes, I do see the logic in that PoV. I never use screen effects outside of those that impact the sun (I also play in FP). Once could argue that subtle sun halo is apparent to the naked eye, depending on the eye. Especially unlikely to me are the dirt and blood lens effects. People that wear glasses may think differently, but I don't think anyone in TES games has glasses ... could be wrong on that though.

• 1 month later...