Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions -> SLSR mid play?

TaxTalis

32 minutes ago, TaxTalis said:

Yea ok from what I read, disabling mods is never a good idea if you already started a game...
So I will stick with the current list for this playthrough. Thank you!

Using a different MO instance with a copy of your existing with changes is a safe way to test if your savegame will work OK. If not, you simply load the original instance.

Well it didn't took me long to just go and swap out Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions for SLSR, also updated to the current STEP CR and Light & Weather and installed the newly released Post-Processing patch. No clue if I should have. But after xLodGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD my game still seems to be running fine and I have checked multiple locations for irregularities but except a missing LOD chunk in the lake by Riften, which a rerun of aforementioned tools fixed, I haven't found anything. It looks beautiful. Thank you!

49 minutes ago, TaxTalis said:

Well it didn't took me long to just go and swap out Snowy Roads for Snowy Regions for SLSR, also updated to the current STEP CR and Light & Weather and installed the newly released Post-Processing patch. No clue if I should have. But after xLodGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD my game still seems to be running fine and I have checked multiple locations for irregularities but except a missing LOD chunk in the lake by Riften, which a rerun of aforementioned tools fixed, I haven't found anything. It looks beautiful. Thank you!

As stated in the guide and on the Nexus file descriptions. The post-processing ModGroup only applies if you are using ENB. If you are not using ENB, ignore all those mods.

14 minutes ago, TaxTalis said:

Yes, I’m using an ENB and the mod group though with Rudy ENB preset instead of step as I’m used to that and had that from before. 

that will work fine, and you will want the post-processing mods to get all of the benefits (and the patch). Rudy's recommends a lot of these mods, but some may not be compatible with the larger mod list, IDK.

From the required mods from Rudy ENB I’m not using ENB water as step uses realistic waters two and I thought that might be uhm similar enough… except some water LOD irregularities as mentioned in my other post I don’t have any other water related problems. Further Tamriel master is not used by step I think (am on mobile can’t check) but there were mods doing similar things so I also thought that might be fine and I think all other requirements are fulfilled by the step guide.

14 minutes ago, TaxTalis said:

From the required mods from Rudy ENB I’m not using ENB water as step uses realistic waters two and I thought that might be uhm similar enough… except some water LOD irregularities as mentioned in my other post I don’t have any other water related problems. Further Tamriel master is not used by step I think (am on mobile can’t check) but there were mods doing similar things so I also thought that might be fine and I think all other requirements are fulfilled by the step guide.

Rudy ENB is a good drop-in replacement for ours as long as you install our post-processing modGroup and avoid anything of Rudy's that conflicts (like Water). he also has more glow mods out there that are fine to add.

Just for the record regarding Rudy ENB as of version 5.0b (28Nov21)

Hard Requirements:

• "SSE Engine Fixes" (included in STEP 2.0.0)
  • "Cathedral Weathers and Seasons" (included in STEP 2.0.0)
  • "Enhanced Volumetric Lighting and Shadows" (included in STEP 2.0.0)
  • "Water for ENB" (STEP 2.0.0 uses "Realistic Water Two", which seems compatible to me)
  • "Embers XD" (included in STEP 2.0.0)
  • "Obsidian Mountain Fogs" (included in STEP 2.0.0)

Soft Requirements:

• "Window Shadows RT" - Window Shadows Enhancer is required (not included in STEP 2.0.0)

or

• "Enhanced Lights and FX" -  ELFX Enhancer is required (included in STEP 2.0.0, though esp deactivated)
  • "ELFX Fixes" (included in STEP 2.0.0, though esp deactivated)
  • "Tamriel Master Lights" (STEP 2.0.0 uses "Relighting Skyrim - SSE", "Lanterns of Skyrim SE - MCM version", "Luminosity Lighting Overhaul - The Cathedral Concept" which might do such a thing?)

I haven't done testing with exactly those mods to compare STEP+Rudy ENB and Hard+Soft Requirements and Rudy ENB,
but for me it looks good and I can not report any issues which I can definitively say arise from the ENB settings and missing or incompatible requirements. 

EDIT: Just to get this information here, enabling "disableDistantReflections" in the general water section of ENB fixes some of the ugliness of water LOD.

Edited by TaxTalis

The soft requirements you've listed are just lighting mods that will work with any ENB setup. ENB authors list them because that's what they've used during the design of the mod. At most some light colors and placements will be different when using different options than what authors recommend.