The Forgotten City (by Nick Pearce)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:
The Forgotten City by Nick Pearce
Wiki Link

Music fix: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54019

Just finished testing out this mod. This mod adds a quest that has you travel to an old dwarven ruin, with a forgotten underground city. It provides a quest that is very much different from any other quest in the game. There is very little fighting involved. It is mostly a social and exploration game. You talk to a bunch of people and effectively become a detective solving a huge mystery, built upon many smaller mysteries. 

The mod has several possible endings. I chose the "good ending." In this ending, you save the inhabitants of the city from extinction, and you become the hero. Your main reward is an amulet that grants you 22% higher prices at merchants but also allows you to sell stolen goods to any vendor. Needless to say, this is a fantastic reward for the quest, and very fitting once you learn the story.

The city is quite large and is inside an interior cell. I was quite surprised by this, as I thought a dungeon this large would need to be in an exterior worldspace of its own. But that is beside the point.

As for bugs, there did seem to be a few landscape bugs near the entrance, but that might be a conflict with one of my mods. Nothing major. There are a large amount of blinking lights around the city, as the author didn't seem to work very hard around the light limit. The quest journal gives a large amount of optional quest items that sometimes cannot be acted on, depending on circumstances. This can simply be ignored, as the story transcends the typical "follow the quest journal" style of questing. I don't think some of the books have proper object bounds, as they didn't fit on the shelf properly, so I had to store them in with my notes.

As for lore, it doesn't break any lore that I could tell. Stylistically, the genre of the story is altogether different from normal Skyrim because of its depth. Very worthwhile mod to add to your playthrough.

Seems another bug is the music has gotten stuck after leaving the Forgotten City on that mod's music. Seems to be a known issue. There are some console commands to perhaps remove it, but so far, it seems stuck for me. Probably will reset sometime. Little annoying. The music is very good, but I'm no longer in that city, and as a musician, I notice it.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

Seems another bug is the music has gotten stuck after leaving the Forgotten City on that mod's music. Seems to be a known issue. There are some console commands to perhaps remove it, but so far, it seems stuck for me. Probably will reset sometime. Little annoying. The music is very good, but I'm no longer in that city, and as a musician, I notice it.

Music fix: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54019

I love Forgotten City. Very nice mod.

• Thanks 1