Enhanced Atronachs - With Levelling and Luminosity (by Raxyx)

DoubleYou

Discussion topic:

Enhanced Atronachs - With Levelling and Luminosity by Raxyx

Wiki Link

This mod is recommended to be used by Enemy (R)Evolution of Skyrim, which is in testing. It mainly appears to make the atronachs scale better as the player levels by increasing their damage output. No longer are Storm atronachs the only viable atronach at the higher levels. I think this sounds like a good improvement upon vanilla based off the description.

I looked at this and didn't consider it because it's going to cause lighting issues if they're summoned indoors. The lights are too big and too bright:

Atronachs now emit light. Different colors according to type. Radius = 450, Intensity = 2.00 (Similar properties to tier 2 travel lanterns).

That's is as bright as most fire flames (2.0) and nearly as large. It'll be like adding another torch to the areas. Users will find within interiors that are close to the light limit they will start to see lights popping on/off while these are summoned (especially if already carrying a torch or using candlelight spell).

Odin also makes changes to these so there will be some compatibility to consider. Reading the Nexus comments, there seems to be some issues too.

I'm not sure what to make of the compatibility between this mod and Odin. I see this mod adds its own private perks to the atronachs so it's an interesting question whether it should use its own private perks or use the perks from Odin. There are some differences in the scripting between Odin and this mod as well. In any case, I installed it without resolving any of this to see what it's like on top of Odin/Vokrii, but my initial gut reaction is that the changes made by Odin are probably good enough.

6 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I looked at this and didn't consider it because it's going to cause lighting issues if they're summoned indoors. The lights are too big and too bright:

That's is as bright as most fire flames (2.0) and nearly as large. It'll be like adding another torch to the areas. Users will find within interiors that are close to the light limit they will start to see lights popping on/off while these are summoned (especially if already carrying a torch or using candlelight spell).

Odin also makes changes to these so there will be some compatibility to consider. Reading the Nexus comments, there seems to be some issues too.

There is an option without the lights. I haven't seen all the changes Odin makes, so that might be good enough. 

• 7 months later...