A couple questions

eberkain

I installed the 1.0 guide and everything is running good and seems stable, amazing job with it BTW.  

When you have arrows equipped, and then you equip a melee weapon, the arrows auto-unequip.  Is that the vanilla behavior? I kind of feel like the arrows should remain equipped, but that may be from an old mod I used to use. 

I added All Geared Up Derivitive and A Matter of Time without issues.  

I would like to add Time Flies and iNeed Continued, but those are more complicated and I'm not sure about compatibility.  It's been a long time since I messed with skyrim, how do I go about checking for issues and fixing them?

What would it take to add Legacy of the Dragonborn to the base STEP install? 

I'm not positive on the vanilla behavior of equipping arrows + melee weapons, but I cannot recall ever having two main weapons equipped at the same time in Skyrim. Bows take both R/L slots like two-handed, so you obviously can only have one equipped at a time when that's the case. maybe some mods get around this, but that is vanilla IIRC.

On compatibility, use xEdit launched from MO and Data in the the MO right pane to check sources of resources. Use More Informative Console to investigate sources in game. Read mod descriptions and compatibility notes and bug reports.

We don't support specifics outside of the guide, because there are nearly infinite variations and preferences.

LotD is a totally different guide for more advanced users that want to tweak and fine tune to great detail (and accept all of the additional maintenance overhead), so not sure why we would want to use it as a base for Step. Maybe you mean the overhaul 'mod'? Step itself doesn't support major deviations from vanilla but rather show people how to mod the game so that they can take up this sort of challenge independently.

Step is the simplest guide to comprehensively improve the vanilla experience drastically, IMO.

EDIT: Note that the Step website DOES support guide creators in creating, maintaining, and hosting advanced modding guides, so feel free to ask for support on how to do that if you get that far.

I don't remember if automatically unequipping arrows is vanilla behavior or not. I've been using an "auto unequip" mod for so many years it just seems natural to me.

I think the biggest change is that Legacy of the Dragonborn includes both Book Covers Skyrim and Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library, so you'll need to remove both these mods (and remove the overriding records from the STEP CR Patch) before installing Legacy of the Dragonborn. I remember it was pretty easy with the pre-release guide, but I do not remember if I change anything else and I have not attempted it with the 1.0 guide yet. You should read through the Legacy of the Dragonborn documentation (full guide, FAQ, etc.) provided near the top of the mod page on Nexus. Also read the Compatibility: Incorporated and Conflicting Mods page and browse through the patches available in Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches mod.

On 4/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, DoubleYou said:

The Step guide includes the Unequip Quiver SE mod, which is most likely the cause of your quiver being unequipped. 

Indeed, I completely missed that.  Explains a lot.  :)   Thanks

On 4/26/2021 at 6:04 PM, Greg said:

I don't remember if automatically unequipping arrows is vanilla behavior or not. I've been using an "auto unequip" mod for so many years it just seems natural to me.

I think the biggest change is that Legacy of the Dragonborn includes both Book Covers Skyrim and Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library, so you'll need to remove both these mods (and remove the overriding records from the STEP CR Patch) before installing Legacy of the Dragonborn. I remember it was pretty easy with the pre-release guide, but I do not remember if I change anything else and I have not attempted it with the 1.0 guide yet. You should read through the Legacy of the Dragonborn documentation (full guide, FAQ, etc.) provided near the top of the mod page on Nexus. Also read the Compatibility: Incorporated and Conflicting Mods page and browse through the patches available in Legacy of the Dragonborn Patches mod.

I played around with some different mods and whatnot, but I think the needs mods just don't hold an interest for me anymore, I found it a little boring.  So I think all I'm going to shoot for is the base STEP + Cloaks of Skyrim + Legacy of the Dragonborn and roll with it.  

I had no problem removing the book covers as masters from the STEP CR Patch and I installed the new mods, sorted with LOOT, rebuilt all the LOD files.  I'm now looking at conflicts. When applying a filter for conflicts I see basically every mod has something.  Should I only look through the new plugins I added and resolve things there and assume everything else is covered under the CR patch?  

30 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I had no problem removing the book covers as masters from the STEP CR Patch and I installed the new mods, sorted with LOOT, rebuilt all the LOD files.  I'm now looking at conflicts. When applying a filter for conflicts I see basically every mod has something.  Should I only look through the new plugins I added and resolve things there and assume everything else is covered under the CR patch?  

Yes. Not all conflicts are desired to be "resolved" via the patch. Some are just overwrites to other mods that are desired conflicts.