Can't get MW Construction Set to work with Mod Organizer 2

alexlollar

Question

I am trying to get the MW Construction Set to work via Mod Organizer 2.

I am using the Steam version of MW, and the construction set found on the MW Nexus here: https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42196/

My issue is that I can't get the CS to run through MO, but I can get the CS to run from the MW directory as normal. Th only issue with running CS from my MW folder is that I can't figure our how to load my Mod Organizer files since it saves them in a different directory due to the way it access the mods.

I have not been able to find a video or guide about using the CS with Mod Organizer 2, specifically for Morrowind. I'm a bit of an idiot about these kinds of things though... Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 answers to this question

My best guess if you are using the Steam version of the game is to verify you've disabled all of the Steam overlays and other cruft for Morrowind.

I'm using the GOG version of Morrowind that comes with the complete and working version of TES Creation Set and it seems to work fie when run from Mod Organizer 2. I just ran TES Construction Set and had it load Morrowind and Bloodmoon.

@Greg,

I had it Steam Overlay disabled already, but I found the problem. I keep all my game utility archives because I'm sort of obsessive. I didn't look at the path in MO for launching CS , and was loading it from the zip archive somehow...

No clue how this is even possible, but it works now that I've run it from the morrowind folder. Thanks for the help, I woudn't have looked twice at my MO if you hadn't mentioned that it runs for you!

15 hours ago, alexlollar said:

had it Steam Overlay disabled already, but I found the problem. I keep all my game utility archives because I'm sort of obsessive. I didn't look at the path in MO for launching CS , and was loading it from the zip archive somehow...

That's not obsessive... that's smart. :biggrin: I also keep all of the tool and mod archives safely stored in a repository just in case I need them again. It also makes setting up a new guide a lot faster since I don't need to download much from Nexus.