Bethini Pie (by DoubleYou)

DoubleYou

When I run it from MO, it doesn't seem to recognize it, and offers me the path in documents. Is that normal? I guess I should manually point it to skyrim.ini in MO's folder.

8 hours ago, Octopuss said:

When I run it from MO, it doesn't seem to recognize it, and offers me the path in documents. Is that normal? I guess I should manually point it to skyrim.ini in MO's folder.

You want to use the default path in documents when running through MO2. This allows the VFS to redirect it to the correct INIs.

On 6/3/2024 at 3:58 AM, DoubleYou said:

You want to use the default path in documents when running through MO2. This allows the VFS to redirect it to the correct INIs.

Wait what? I don't understand. That's the opposite of what the old BethINI guide says (I think). And I don't understand the point. I thought the inis in MO2 should be used. What do you mean by redirecting?

Anyway I used those in the profile and everything works. I am really confused now!

Oh and will there be a guide in near future? The one from BethINI doesn't work (for the most part), because the program is so vastly different (and it's especially difficult since I haven't touched modding for around ten years and am not familiar with the settings anymore).

The original BethINI had to be run stand-alone (not from Mod Organizer) so you had to explicitly select your MO Profile to edit the INI files. The new BethINI Pie is designed so that it can be run from Mod Organizer using the standard path to your INI files. This actually simplifies things quite a bit since this lets Mod Organizer handle the INI files however you have it configured.

12 hours ago, Octopuss said:

Oh and will there be a guide in near future? The one from BethINI doesn't work (for the most part), because the program is so vastly different (and it's especially difficult since I haven't touched modding for around ten years and am not familiar with the settings anymore).

The 2.3. guide is still a WIP, but the BethINI Pie section is totally up to date.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, brandonpotter0 said:

Is a more updated version of Bethini PIE getting worked on? I noticed that for starfield, DLSS still isnt listed as a Upscaling Method.

Yeah, I can update it when I have time. There has been a large amount of frequent updates, and the ini settings for the game are not as accessible as previous games, so it makes it difficult.

10 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Yeah, I can update it when I have time. There has been a large amount of frequent updates, and the ini settings for the game are not as accessible as previous games, so it makes it difficult.

Good to know an update is still planned, more or less. Been finding some issues with some Ini lines that make some LOD texture archives missing, resulting in White glowing meshes on buildings on various worlds. I made a comment about it on the Nexus page in the comments :)

1 hour ago, brandonpotter0 said:

Good to know an update is still planned, more or less. Been finding some issues with some Ini lines that make some LOD texture archives missing, resulting in White glowing meshes on buildings on various worlds. I made a comment about it on the Nexus page in the comments :)

Yeah, I am aware of the issue. 

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't sure where to go with this. I don't know enough to understand wtf happened today, so I just want to make sure this was some ignorance on my part and not some small glitch in bethini pie.

I have an extensive load order. I have been using ck, xedit, and launching into game to do visual tests for months on different mods. there were no issues. i start every LO with the step guide to make sure I have everything set up correctly including launching the game from the launcher once before proceeding.

today i ran bethini pie, to make sure my settings were good. i followed every setting in the step guide. i launched from mo2 to test some changes i made (removing mods only, no ck or xedit work in that time), and the game started downloading the cc content like it was my first launch.

it put it all into overwrite, i am assuming because i launched from mo2. stupidly, i thought, why? i dont need those i have them...so i deleted them. now for the bizarre..

it deleted ALL my cc cleaned files, registered every mod in my LO that required a cc mod as missing a master, disabled ussep and a small handful of other mods, producing many more missing master warnings. i am staring at all the cc mods that mo2 says i am missing, at the top of my LO where they have always been. then i notice the list is much smaller than normal. i went into skyrim se game folder/data, and half the esp's are gone and all bsa's are gone.

i validated through steam, 5 files needed replaced, so...skyrim.esm and 4 dlcs. launched from launcher, it downloaded cc content. i went into mo2. they were there now. i reactivated all the disabled plugins and got rid of all the missing master warnings. it seems fine. launching back in now to see what happens.

i am only posting this here because I have been launching into game for MONTHS, and only after running bethini pie did all that madness occur. i'm kinda scurd to run it again.

Edited by Hyperiel

18 hours ago, Hyperiel said:

I wasn't sure where to go with this. I don't know enough to understand wtf happened today, so I just want to make sure this was some ignorance on my part and not some small glitch in bethini pie.

I have an extensive load order. I have been using ck, xedit, and launching into game to do visual tests for months on different mods. there were no issues. i start every LO with the step guide to make sure I have everything set up correctly including launching the game from the launcher once before proceeding.

today i ran bethini pie, to make sure my settings were good. i followed every setting in the step guide. i launched from mo2 to test some changes i made (removing mods only, no ck or xedit work in that time), and the game started downloading the cc content like it was my first launch.

it put it all into overwrite, i am assuming because i launched from mo2. stupidly, i thought, why? i dont need those i have them...so i deleted them. now for the bizarre..

it deleted ALL my cc cleaned files, registered every mod in my LO that required a cc mod as missing a master, disabled ussep and a small handful of other mods, producing many more missing master warnings. i am staring at all the cc mods that mo2 says i am missing, at the top of my LO where they have always been. then i notice the list is much smaller than normal. i went into skyrim se game folder/data, and half the esp's are gone and all bsa's are gone.

i validated through steam, 5 files needed replaced, so...skyrim.esm and 4 dlcs. launched from launcher, it downloaded cc content. i went into mo2. they were there now. i reactivated all the disabled plugins and got rid of all the missing master warnings. it seems fine. launching back in now to see what happens.

i am only posting this here because I have been launching into game for MONTHS, and only after running bethini pie did all that madness occur. i'm kinda scurd to run it again.

The reason you were prompted to reacquire the CC content is because your SkyrimPrefs.ini setting was:

[General]
bFreebiesSeen=0

Either you created a new profile or somehow reverted your BethINI Pie changes in an existing profile. Or you "verified" your game files via Steam. This will automatically set the above INI value. Ensure it's changed to a '1' to prevent this in the future.

BethINI doesn't touch this setting unless you change it in your INI directly or in the BethINI GUI. Always keep it checked:

image.png

When it reverts to zero (the game actually does this when revalidating game files), you will lose your cleaned CC masters if launching from MO, due to the VFS mapping your mod to the game directory.

Lesson:

• be careful if you revalidate your game files via Steam
  • Keep a backup of your cleaned vanilla masters mod

On 9/21/2024 at 4:07 PM, Hyperiel said:

Blame Bethesda for making these download through the game as reliant on an ini setting instead of sanely through Steam. Resetting your INI to default settings sets bFreebiesSeen to false, and unless you set the Freebies Seen toggle back on, it will prompt you to redownload them all again. MO2 has some funky behavior when downloading the CC content through it, and causes the weird behavior of placing the files in Overwrite.

This has happened to enough people I will add an exception to this setting in the next version.