Step NoMansSky Guide

• 2 months later...

oo interesting

I tried this game too.  Im curious to see what it can be like modded.  

Come to think of it, I did try one or two mods along with the game.  They didnt work very well.

Edited by boycad

oo interesting

I tried this game too.  Im curious to see what it can be like modded.  

Come to think of it, I did try one or two mods along with the game.  They didnt work very well.

Modding NMS is completely different than Bethesda games. Most your edits are to global files that are just glorified XML files. Conflicts are resolved by the last file that wins, so unless you're merging changes from conflicting files, you are not going to end up with the result you desire.

Also, NMS updates fairly often so keeping mods up-to-date is a bit of a chore...as such, mods become obsolete fairly quickly unless their authors keep them updated. The other issue is the global file parameters are not 100% understood and what is understood of them isn't documented well (or at all). ...not to mention some major game update can have made some parameters obsolete without being cleaned up by the devs. It's a bit of a "wild west" in terms of modding NMS.

• 3 months later...

Also, NMS updates fairly often so keeping mods up-to-date is a bit of a chore...as such, mods become obsolete fairly quickly unless their authors keep them updated. The other issue is the global file parameters are not 100% understood and what is understood of them isn't documented well (or at all). ...not to mention some major game update can have made some parameters obsolete without being cleaned up by the devs. It's a bit of a "wild west" in terms of modding NMS.

In other words, it's kind of like modding Morrowind or Oblivion back in the day?   ::D: