Jump to content
TechAngel85

Skyrim Project Optimization SE (by rgabriel15/Pritster5 )

Recommended Posts

It might be worth adding a note to the install instructions to say that there is an optional version - "Skyrim SE - Project Optimization - NO HOMES - ESM VERSION" - which avoids incompatibilities when installing custom player homes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might be worth adding a note to the install instructions to say that there is an optional version - "Skyrim SE - Project Optimization - NO HOMES - ESM VERSION" - which avoids incompatibilities when installing custom player homes.

Custom player homes aren't a part of the Guide, thus, are outside the scope of the Guide.

 

One of the issues in the past is that we noted all this stuff that had nothing to do with the Guide, itself, but rather with users installing mods beyond those the Guide contains...and us putting this info into the guides/mod pages for those "just-in-case-you-do-this" scenarios. This is, by definition, "scope creep" and is something to avoid going forward. With the Beta Guides and v3.0 and beyond, the Guides are meant to be installed in their entirety and that's it. We'll not be covering anything that isn't within the Guide itself to keep the project scope maintained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be interested in checking out this new-ish mod which does to exteriors what 'Skyrim Project Optimization' did with interiors, using the same technique. It's by the same folks who are doing Lightened Skyrim (which you have currently in TESTING).

eFPS - Exterior FPS boost (by nicola89b & Firegtx)

There are compatibility patches available. At first glance all location add-ons and modifications included in the STEP guide are covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2021 at 3:06 PM, Mousetick said:

You may be interested in checking out this new-ish mod which does to exteriors what 'Skyrim Project Optimization' did with interiors, using the same technique. It's by the same folks who are doing Lightened Skyrim (which you have currently in TESTING).

eFPS - Exterior FPS boost (by nicola89b & Firegtx)

There are compatibility patches available. At first glance all location add-ons and modifications included in the STEP guide are covered.

Please create the mod topic so it gets attention and related comments land there rather than here. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 9:50 PM, TechAngel85 said:

Custom player homes aren't a part of the Guide, thus, are outside the scope of the Guide.

 

One of the issues in the past is that we noted all this stuff that had nothing to do with the Guide, itself, but rather with users installing mods beyond those the Guide contains...and us putting this info into the guides/mod pages for those "just-in-case-you-do-this" scenarios. This is, by definition, "scope creep" and is something to avoid going forward. With the Beta Guides and v3.0 and beyond, the Guides are meant to be installed in their entirety and that's it. We'll not be covering anything that isn't within the Guide itself to keep the project scope maintained.

I am actually planning to use this guide mod setup as a base for me to add other stuff can I manage to do that? For example this patch is not required for this guide but when want to add something related to that patch can I integrate it safely without breaking anything? I have been busy for a week or so trying to learn modding my game and had to reinstall the game several times and I got pretty exhausted :D Is there a forum topic about this? About integrating our non vanilla mods safely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Arel said:

I am actually planning to use this guide mod setup as a base for me to add other stuff can I manage to do that? For example this patch is not required for this guide but when want to add something related to that patch can I integrate it safely without breaking anything? I have been busy for a week or so trying to learn modding my game and had to reinstall the game several times and I got pretty exhausted :D Is there a forum topic about this? About integrating our non vanilla mods safely?

You can certainly use the Guide as a base to install other stuff on top of later. Most of us do that anyway. You simply have to know what you're doing and that just takes time and patients to learn modding. There isn't any specific forum to use regarding additional mod incorporation. Mods in the Guide that are required by the Guide Patches are marked, so it's fairly easy to know which mods are required to be installed with the Guide and which are optional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

You can certainly use the Guide as a base to install other stuff on top of later. Most of us do that anyway. You simply have to know what you're doing and that just takes time and patients to learn modding. There isn't any specific forum to use regarding additional mod incorporation. Mods in the Guide that are required by the Guide Patches are marked, so it's fairly easy to know which mods are required to be installed with the Guide and which are optional.

I understand, thank you for your kind answer. I really am happy that I've found this site :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Arel said:

Is there a forum topic about this? About integrating our non vanilla mods safely?

You can search this sub-forum. Each topic in this sub-forum is about a specific mod, not necessarily used in the guide (for example: Mari's flora). If you find a matching topic for the mod you're considering, you can ask questions there or report about your experience integrating it or playing with it.

If you can't find an existing topic for the mod you're looking to add, having trouble (or success) with, you can use this sub-forum: General Skyrim SE Discussion & Support.

For any other question or feedback directly related to the guide, there is another sub-forum: Step Skyrim SE Guide.

If in doubt, simply post in the general SSE sub-forum. Moderators will triage and move to a more appropriate location as needed.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By CorneliusC
      Starting a list for all the mods in the current STEP guide, which are in need to be updated (or already are) to work with the current game version 1.6.640. I'm listing only relevant mods in each category (please correct me if i missed anything).
      For a more comprehensive view on SKSE dependencies please see https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins
       
       
    • By mooit
      Hi,
      I'm using DynDOLOD Alpha99...
      In the past I was able to get my distance grass colors more balanced, looking similar, now the farthest distance out is a greener color, then the rest of the grass.
      Here's a screen shot of the grass I am referring to with red boxes around it, that appears greener than the rest...
      Green Grass — Freeimage.host
      I'm using Complex Grass... 
      To balance the colors, is this just playing around the TexGen Direct/Ambient?
      In DynDOLOD I've tried default settings and these settings for the complex grass.
      ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ; make bottom darker to fake shadowing ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500 THANKS
    • By TechAngel85
      Discussion topic:
      Particle Patch for ENB by mindflux
      Wiki Link
       
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.