Skyrim Project Optimization SE (by rgabriel15/Pritster5 )

TechAngel85

• 10 months later...

It might be worth adding a note to the install instructions to say that there is an optional version - "Skyrim SE - Project Optimization - NO HOMES - ESM VERSION" - which avoids incompatibilities when installing custom player homes.

It might be worth adding a note to the install instructions to say that there is an optional version - "Skyrim SE - Project Optimization - NO HOMES - ESM VERSION" - which avoids incompatibilities when installing custom player homes.

Custom player homes aren't a part of the Guide, thus, are outside the scope of the Guide.

One of the issues in the past is that we noted all this stuff that had nothing to do with the Guide, itself, but rather with users installing mods beyond those the Guide contains...and us putting this info into the guides/mod pages for those "just-in-case-you-do-this" scenarios. This is, by definition, "scope creep" and is something to avoid going forward. With the Beta Guides and v3.0 and beyond, the Guides are meant to be installed in their entirety and that's it. We'll not be covering anything that isn't within the Guide itself to keep the project scope maintained.

• 1 year later...

You may be interested in checking out this new-ish mod which does to exteriors what 'Skyrim Project Optimization' did with interiors, using the same technique. It's by the same folks who are doing Lightened Skyrim (which you have currently in TESTING).

eFPS - Exterior FPS boost (by nicola89b & Firegtx)

There are compatibility patches available. At first glance all location add-ons and modifications included in the STEP guide are covered.

On 11/24/2021 at 3:06 PM, Mousetick said:

You may be interested in checking out this new-ish mod which does to exteriors what 'Skyrim Project Optimization' did with interiors, using the same technique. It's by the same folks who are doing Lightened Skyrim (which you have currently in TESTING).

eFPS - Exterior FPS boost (by nicola89b & Firegtx)

There are compatibility patches available. At first glance all location add-ons and modifications included in the STEP guide are covered.

Please create the mod topic so it gets attention and related comments land there rather than here. Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2020 at 9:50 PM, TechAngel85 said:

Custom player homes aren't a part of the Guide, thus, are outside the scope of the Guide.

One of the issues in the past is that we noted all this stuff that had nothing to do with the Guide, itself, but rather with users installing mods beyond those the Guide contains...and us putting this info into the guides/mod pages for those "just-in-case-you-do-this" scenarios. This is, by definition, "scope creep" and is something to avoid going forward. With the Beta Guides and v3.0 and beyond, the Guides are meant to be installed in their entirety and that's it. We'll not be covering anything that isn't within the Guide itself to keep the project scope maintained.

I am actually planning to use this guide mod setup as a base for me to add other stuff can I manage to do that? For example this patch is not required for this guide but when want to add something related to that patch can I integrate it safely without breaking anything? I have been busy for a week or so trying to learn modding my game and had to reinstall the game several times and I got pretty exhausted :D Is there a forum topic about this? About integrating our non vanilla mods safely?

13 minutes ago, Arel said:

I am actually planning to use this guide mod setup as a base for me to add other stuff can I manage to do that? For example this patch is not required for this guide but when want to add something related to that patch can I integrate it safely without breaking anything? I have been busy for a week or so trying to learn modding my game and had to reinstall the game several times and I got pretty exhausted :D Is there a forum topic about this? About integrating our non vanilla mods safely?

You can certainly use the Guide as a base to install other stuff on top of later. Most of us do that anyway. You simply have to know what you're doing and that just takes time and patients to learn modding. There isn't any specific forum to use regarding additional mod incorporation. Mods in the Guide that are required by the Guide Patches are marked, so it's fairly easy to know which mods are required to be installed with the Guide and which are optional.

35 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

You can certainly use the Guide as a base to install other stuff on top of later. Most of us do that anyway. You simply have to know what you're doing and that just takes time and patients to learn modding. There isn't any specific forum to use regarding additional mod incorporation. Mods in the Guide that are required by the Guide Patches are marked, so it's fairly easy to know which mods are required to be installed with the Guide and which are optional.

I understand, thank you for your kind answer. I really am happy that I've found this site :) 

1 hour ago, Arel said:

Is there a forum topic about this? About integrating our non vanilla mods safely?

You can search this sub-forum. Each topic in this sub-forum is about a specific mod, not necessarily used in the guide (for example: Mari's flora). If you find a matching topic for the mod you're considering, you can ask questions there or report about your experience integrating it or playing with it.

If you can't find an existing topic for the mod you're looking to add, having trouble (or success) with, you can use this sub-forum: General Skyrim SE Discussion & Support.

For any other question or feedback directly related to the guide, there is another sub-forum: Step Skyrim SE Guide.

If in doubt, simply post in the general SSE sub-forum. Moderators will triage and move to a more appropriate location as needed.

• Thanks 1