xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

18 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Finally got it to spit out something informative (still no bugreport, but got a delphi error in SSELODGen log). I rebooted and ran on a clean env with no MO or other utilities running. This is just running xLODGen via shorcut as described:

LODGen_log.txt 310.19 kB · 0 downloads SSELODGen_log.txt 7.17 kB · 0 downloads

There is really no need for the unrelated LODGen logs, especially when xEdit already stops while loading plugins long before generation any  LOD. See what the lastest xEdit_4.1.3g experimental posted by ElminsterAU to the #xedit-builds does.

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

There is really no need for the unrelated LODGen logs, especially when xEdit already stops while loading plugins long before generation any  LOD. See what the lastest xEdit_4.1.3g experimental posted by ElminsterAU to the #xedit-builds does.

I would be happy to, but I'm afraid that I don't know how to use it from source. If I did, I would still need to figure out how to invoke the xLODGen piece.

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/releases/

57 minutes ago, z929669 said:

What is the proper command-line switch to invoke terrain LODGen? I am using:

-lodgen -sse

This only gives me object/tree

That version does not have  terrain LOD yet. The beta test here is obviously not completed yet.

Your last crash happened while loading plugins, long before any LOD generation.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

That version does not have  terrain LOD yet. The beta test here is obviously not completed yet.

Your last crash happened while loading plugins, long before any LOD generation.

That makes sense ...

I launched the latest experimental mentioned and let it attempt to generate tree LOD. Plugins loaded without issue (i.e., no Dlephi error). So that was some random fluke.

I went back to beta 81 and invoked via shortcut. Same random event resulted. It quit durring LODGen of DLC2SolstheimWorld this time. I searched the event and found that it is an unhandled Delphi exception: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16602756/strange-0x0eedfade-exception-in-delphi-multi-thread-program

I am happy to test resolutions if this gives you any path forward.

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

That makes sense ...

I launched the latest experimental mentioned and let it attempt to generate tree LOD. Plugins loaded without issue (i.e., no Dlephi error). So that was some random fluke.

I went back to beta 81 and invoked via shortcut. Same random event resulted. It quit durring LODGen of DLC2SolstheimWorld this time. I searched the event and found that it is an unhandled Delphi exception: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16602756/strange-0x0eedfade-exception-in-delphi-multi-thread-program

I am happy to test resolutions if this gives you any path forward.

The problem is that  there can not really be an unhandled exception, because of the tool (madexcept) is supposed to capture them all and write the bugreport txt.
The bugreports you had didn't really made much sense so far.

Since you also already had a crash while xEdit loads the plugins at startup, this problems happens long before there is any multi-threading code generating LOD.
So it could be something that was added to xEdit 4.1.3g, which does have way more updates to its code then the 1 fix that was made to terrain LOD generation code in 81. E.g. the change between 77 and 78 was the update to 4.1.3g and something to external LODGen.exe.

The entire problem is a random fluke that only you have so far and without the bugreport it will be hard to troubleshoot. 

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Tried the debug version ... no issues against vanilla: SSELODGen_log.txt

Output size with setting posted in the dev guide I linked in PM:

image.png

I will run via MO next

EDIT: First attempt against Step mod list resulted in same ininformative errors, so I ran again and finally got another bugreport. No SSELODGen log output though:

bugreport0.txt 99.63 kB · 0 downloads

Check what this debug version does.

8 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Just another bugreport. No useful logs. Same pattern:

plain;base64,ZGF0ZS90aW1lICAgICAgICAgIDo bugreport.txtUnavailable

The log messages that are printed to the message window can be copied and pasted or maybe you can screenshot them as last resort in case the log file is not create while closing the program. Look out for warning message passing by.

There seems to be a problem with a landscape texture. See if this debug version says which. 

7 hours ago, sheson said:

The log messages that are printed to the message window can be copied and pasted or maybe you can screenshot them as last resort in case the log file is not create while closing the program. Look out for warning message passing by.

There seems to be a problem with a landscape texture. See if this debug version says which. 

First run for this one provides no new information. Second run successful, but notably more GPU intensive at end of generating Tamriel and SolstheimWorld textures.

Notably, the successful run did not leave an SSELODGen log file.