Moving object to different cell w/ TesEdit?

Mookeylama

Question

CK isn't loading so moved some stuff w/ tesedit. got coords using console getpos x ect, and changed them. but i moved some items pretty far away, into a different cell according to a mod i have that shows cell location. but the objects show still being in the original cell in tesedit, even tho the co-ords are the new ones. 

looks ok ingame but i'm guessing it's not great to leave the items in the old cell, w/ new coords. how can i change the cell in tesedit?

4 answers to this question

I assume we are talking about temporary refrs inside of a worldspace.

So every refr is in a group which references a cell. To properly move an object you do have to change the cell which I will struggle to put in words.

At the top of the refr, xEdit adds what appears to be another field at the very top of the record view called CELL, change that reference and you should see the structure change to become part of the proper cell group after collapsing the tree and searching the record again.

I have never manually changed a cell but rather I have used scripting to do that.

Hopefully this helps to some degree.

thank you very much! i knew there had to be an easier way than i was thinking. i  added the cell via copyasoverride, and added a new instance of the object in that cell, then deleted the original. the object was linked to activators too so i had to add those.

your way much easier lol. never occured to me to change the line at the top 

thank you very much! i knew there had to be an easier way than i was thinking. i added the cell via copyasoverride, and added a new instance of the object in that cell, then deleted the original. the object was linked to activators too so i had to add those.

your way much easier lol. never occured to me to change the line at the top

You should never "delete" vanilla content. You should simply change it to "initially disabled" and move it under the ground or floor, if it's in the way.