Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

with zMErge there a drop down that say either old clobber or new improved select new and improved ofr the trees and flora merge. Thou I don't understand why some users are having issues cos i am not and also not able to reproduce.

I see, and is there a reason why you choose the old clobber method? I use the old method only because the guide says to, assuming there must be a reason.

Edited and rebuild trees and flora merge.

Still got same error.

Also looking at the log more in detail I have more missing messages.

Tried to Attache the log so it doesn't take up so much space but the file is too big.

so will add some excerpts at the end of the post.

Really not sure what to do.

I guess I could go back to before the merge page and double check everything.

Things I've done last week when I had this problem.

When back to the backup before the merge page and redid everything from there after checking all mods where present and properly installed in the exact order of the guide.

Rebuilt the merges (This is where I had some errors) fixed them. Worried I might have a missing master somewhere since it was late at night.

Did the finish line carefully. No real hiccups till DYNDOLOD.

Not sure if to do the same thing again see if I find anything. But except for the merge page section everything else was triple checked.

So it looks like missing textures in meshes\lod\clutter

and meshes\terrain\lodgen\trees and flora merged

and meshes\lod\mine\

<snip>

That and the previous post are all the things that I found that seemed to be an issue to me.

So is it actually failing? Or is it ultimately succeeding with various warnings about missing meshes which it then skipped all references to?

Make sure that the DynDOLOD Resources SE archive is fully loaded. Some of the missing items mentioned above are in this archive. I have sometimes had some missing file problems when installing this archive, including some of the specific ones mentioned. On my system sometimes MO2 takes a very long time to install this archive while other times it is fairly quick. When fully installed on my system the folder in the mods directory is approximately 146 MB. I tried installing it several times before I was satisfied with the result.

I posted my experience with this on Sheson's DynDOLOD SSE topic. Several others have mentioned a problem with missing files. I don't think there is much Sheson can do about it since the archive does contain all of the files.

Manually extracting the archive into the correct mods folder should resolve it, if MO2 is somehow failing to extract all the files.

Edited by Vorians

Vorians hi! "I see, and is there a reason why you choose the old clobber method? I use the old method only because the guide says to, assuming there must be a reason."..To the best of my knowledge, and i may be wrong....Lexy uses this method because, its the closest the the old Merge Standalone Tool way of doing things. The new method throws up other issues on other merges.....where as for most, the clobber method works well. I too have had this issue with Trees and Flora merge with clobber and loads of errors.......but for this one exception, the new method works...so just use that for that merge only. If i have some facts wrong, I'm sure Lexy or Shadriss or even the tools author could clarify it for you.

Vorians hi! "I see, and is there a reason why you choose the old clobber method? I use the old method only because the guide says to, assuming there must be a reason."..To the best of my knowledge, and i may be wrong....Lexy uses this method because, its the closest the the old Merge Standalone Tool way of doing things. The new method throws up other issues on other merges.....where as for most, the clobber method works well. I too have had this issue with Trees and Flora merge with clobber and loads of errors.......but for this one exception, the new method works...so just use that for that merge only. If i have some facts wrong, I'm sure Lexy or Shadriss or even the tools author could clarify it for you.

That's because zEdit messes up the load order for the masters. Instead of loading the masters in order as the game reads it, zEdit (zMerge) loads the masters only as each new entry in the order requires them. You can see my earlier post identifying the problem here. Updating YAWTO Aspens.esp masters list is the workaround if using the clobber method (which is the method the guide says to use).

So if the improved method doesn't have this issue, then the zEdit author must have fixed it for the improved method but not the old method - in which case all merges should be using the improved method instead. It is afterall, apparently "improved" which is something of a promotion for the new method in itself.

That's because zEdit messes up the load order for the masters. Instead of loading the masters in order as the game reads it, zEdit (zMerge) loads the masters only as each new entry in the order requires them. You can see my earlier post identifying the problem here. Updating YAWTO Aspens.esp masters list is the workaround if using the clobber method (which is the method the guide says to use).

So if the improved method doesn't have this issue, then the zEdit author must have fixed it for the improved method but not the old method - in which case all merges should be using the improved method instead. It is afterall, apparently "improved" which is something of a promotion for the new method in itself.

thing is is built re-built Re-Re-built this merge several time without issue using the old clobber method and many of mu DEV Team ha built without issue we can not seem to reproduce the error some users are getting.

If it was an issue with zMerge surely everyone would have issues.

Question about using DynDOLOD64 during a playthrough and CTD's. Does it break things if you were to run a new DynDOLOD64 output using different quality settings, and apply them and load an existing save?

Using the settings from the guide that I started with everything is fine, if I try and load a new run of DynDOLOD64_Output with medium quality instead (nothing else changed and all instruction followed) the city of Markarth will crash no matter what upon entering using any method. Everything else is fine but something with changing the DynDOLOD64 settings causes a crash in markarth, switching back to the original DynDOLOD64 high output in MO there is no issues.

So Dyndolod completed. Thank you dragon king.

Then started a character walked around and CTD.

So decided to see what might be up. Went back all the way to after you do FNIS and check with coc if you did something wrong with stunning statues of skyrim.

No CTD. Then I was like wait CTD happened after I walked a certain distance.

Indeed if I walk over let's say around 18 feet CTD.

Very curious. Could it be something with stunning statues of skyrim? I mean I only CTD if I walk a certain distance.

Could it be metadata. I guess I'll erase all metadata and input all of it again. Then use loot. But will wait first to see if anyone had this same issue.

Edited by Ostegun

So Dyndolod completed. Thank you dragon king.

Then started a character walked around and CTD.

So decided to see what might be up. Went back all the way to after you do FNIS and check with coc if you did something wrong with stunning statues of skyrim.

No CTD. Then I was like wait CTD happened after I walked a certain distance.

Indeed if I walk over let's say around 18 feet CTD.

Very curious. Could it be something with stunning statues of skyrim? I mean I only CTD if I walk a certain distance.

Could it be metadata. I guess I'll erase all metadata and input all of it again. Then use loot. But will wait first to see if anyone had this same issue.

So i follow this guide since November and also updated the new changelog and have neighter issue with tress and Flora merge nor with CTDs.. i mean you should Check this huge guide a second Time and also be careful when updating mods you take the same Name of the updating mod.. if you have 2 mods from the same page you might overwrite the other mod so you delete it... you know i mean ?

Hi Lexy. I've taken another attempt at getting this to function properly, and narrowed my issue down.

I can successfully run a 'coc fallowstonecaveend' command if I disable Landscape environment and clutter merged (and your main conflict resolution since it relies on it) without a ctd, but as soon as I enable them, I'm getting a ctd.

Any ideas as to what can be causing it?

Hi Lexy. I've taken another attempt at getting this to function properly, and narrowed my issue down.

I can successfully run a 'coc fallowstonecaveend' command if I disable Landscape environment and clutter merged (and your main conflict resolution since it relies on it) without a ctd, but as soon as I enable them, I'm getting a ctd.

Any ideas as to what can be causing it?

mmy first though would be actually stunning statues of Skyrim cos fallowstone cave leads to the shrine of Malacath

mmy first though would be actually stunning statues of Skyrim cos fallowstone cave leads to the shrine of Malacath

The fallowstone coc command was being run to test stunning statues

Based on your comments in the guide, that was the first thing I checked. Assuming disabling stunning statues should just force defaults to load, this changed nothing.

Based on a hunch however, I checked my Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged profile, and have noticed the MajesticMountains_Landscape.esm toggled in the plugin list. Double checking your merge list on the merge page of the guide, apparently that isn't included in the merged mod. I've since enabled it on the main profile (disabled the other .esps activated since they're included in the merged mod), rerun LOOT and run through all the stunning statues coc commands without fail.

You may wish to edit the majestic mountains install section in the main part of the guide and make a note to let people know they need to enable the .esm file in the main profile.

Thanks for the quick reply though :)

Edited by Firesparq

Will be going over the entire guide see what's up.

In the meantime the following esp's are not activated in the right side of MO2.

They where deactivated during the process by I believe the bashed patch though not certain.

Will list them here just in case some of them should be active.

dD-Short Script Range

better skilll and quest books names SE

OMEGA CE

OMEGA - true soldiers

1nivWICSKYCLOAKSPATCH

Better Dynamic Ash

Companions - Don't be a milk Drinker Farkas only

EBT - IC patch

ETAC - Better dynamic Snow patch

Lethal Traps

Lexy's LOTD Better Bows and Arrows

Moonlight tales - werebear form bug fix patch

rustic soulgems unsorted esl gist

lexy's LOLTD better bows and arrows - lore weapon ex...

SIC - ICH Patch

Missives - side quest patch

JS dragon claws _ Helgen reborn patch

Better quest objectives - Patches

Audio patches merges

RS children patches merged

yot - your own thought merged

First thing I'm going to do is try to activate these, the deactivate them again one by one then activate them again individually see if I notice anything.

Then will check merge profiles.

Then will go over entire guide.

Then will nuke up to before Merges and start from there.

Then if I can't figure it out cry and start from cero.  :)

Any ideas about what's up or how to go about finding the weak link in my install let me know pretty please.

Provably start tonight.

thing is is built re-built Re-Re-built this merge several time without issue using the old clobber method and many of mu DEV Team ha built without issue we can not seem to reproduce the error some users are getting.

If it was an issue with zMerge surely everyone would have issues.

Yes I remember you couldn't reproduce the problem when it first appeared, I can only assume that there is some difference in how zEdit is setup/installed or about MO2 - it could be as simple as you having extracted updates to zEdit on top of older versions which had a file no longer included in zEdit, and that file negates the problem for you, but those of us who didn't have a zEdit install that old (or deleted and replaced the zEdit folder with an update) lack that file. That's just an example of a possible reason. Another possibility is that you and your team have edited one or more of the affected ESP files at some point in the past and forgotten, and that edit is the reason you don't have problems now. Or some config file from the game or from zEdit or from MO2 etc. is forcing zEdit to read your masters in the correct order, but is not for other people. Many possible reasons.