Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm going to try a full Build and see what happens.  I've toned some of the setting down; turned some up (have 10x on Scaricty's settings).  I'm a hoarder from way back and I figure if it doesn't show up in the loot or merhcant's list. I won't be tempted to pick it up or buy it.  I've been wanting to try Falskaar and some of the other New Lands, but I never got around to installing any of them.  This Build was just what I was looking for: try out new stuff in a 'controlled' environment.  It's also an opportunity to move to SSE as my primary game platform.

LOL Damn, I spent a while yesterday porting that myself. But I guess I won't trash my port yet ;) It's SSE, ya never know.

Same here, have you tried Haven Bag? Kind of "immersion breaking" unless you have a powerful imagination, but I can't play without it. If I don't have it, I start typing "player setav.carryweight 9999" in an instant. Oh but on my last big run, I had such a nice and tidy haven bag! Everything had its proper place, weapons, light armors, heavies, clothes, shields, ingredients, potions, fate cards LOL even food and booze... you name it. I kept a collection of every individual item I looted in the safehouse PLUS a second collection in the Haven Bag. My purpose was to dress up all the available mannequins and fill all the empty racks in the customizable parts of the museum. Also kept a copy of every book besides the rare ones that displayed in the library, with the purpose of filling the extensive bookshelves in Six6Star Studios Breezehome with Basement. What a fun playthrough. Now I'm also trying out the Dhovakhiin Hideout, similar idea as the Haven bag but roomier.

LOL...I have to play with Scarcity as well, or it gets out of control so fast. I often use Craftable Cloud Storage so I can link storage between my scattered bases around the map. Carry weight still limits me in the field but at least I can dump it all off and it sorts itself til I can get around to looking at that 1000th set of boots I picked up.

For my two bits worth, as already mentioned, i too like to explore, smell the roses/flowers and not to worried about combat...my character (she) pacts enough grant to deal with most adversaries, and if help required, a couple of summoned deadra lords, allows for a breather.

Cptmcsplody hi! I may be wrong here as i haven't got to enhanced blood section yet, and unless changed, on Oldrim/classic skyrim guide, that version(enhanced blood) had an outdated version of brawl fix and hence why the newer version on the old guide was placed towards the end to override it. Again as said it may have changed with sse

Lexy yes (Artifacts of Boethiah) good choice its a good little mod

Thanks I think your right berndaroy I wasn't sure, if it was an old version of Brawl or Modern brawl. I can safely delete the BSA so.

Am I missing something here with farmhouse chimneys merge?

Because I have two files after installing the mod - FarmhouseChimneysExtrasMerged.esp & FarmhouseChimneys.esp

I chose the merge plugin in the installer.

Vanilla: Installs the mod for the vanilla game plus all of the extra mods. This is a merged plugin to reduce your plugin count. Only use it if you have installed all of the extra mods which patches are available for. They are:

[spoiler=Mods Merged]

Falskaar

Helarchen Creek

Moon and Star

Cutting Room Floor

Alternate Start: Live Another Life

Darkwater Crossing

Dragon Bridge

Ivarstead

Karthwasten

Kynesgrove

Shor's Stone

Soljund's Sinkhole

Whistling Mine

Edited by cptmcsplody

LOL Damn, I spent a while yesterday porting that myself. But I guess I won't trash my port yet ;) It's SSE, ya never know.

Same here, have you tried Haven Bag? Kind of "immersion breaking" unless you have a powerful imagination, but I can't play without it. If I don't have it, I start typing "player setav.carryweight 9999" in an instant. Oh but on my last big run, I had such a nice and tidy haven bag! Everything had its proper place, weapons, light armors, heavies, clothes, shields, ingredients, potions, fate cards LOL even food and booze... you name it. I kept a collection of every individual item I looted in the safehouse PLUS a second collection in the Haven Bag. My purpose was to dress up all the available mannequins and fill all the empty racks in the customizable parts of the museum. Also kept a copy of every book besides the rare ones that displayed in the library, with the purpose of filling the extensive bookshelves in Six6Star Studios Breezehome with Basement. What a fun playthrough. Now I'm also trying out the Dhovakhiin Hideout, similar idea as the Haven bag but roomier.

Good suggestions.  I may try them, but I have my own solutions I've been using.

Asheron's Call's open world was so large you could put your character on auto run, leave for two hours and come back.  As long as you didn't get stuck at some mountain or a "sticky" mob didn't kill you, you would still be running.

What that brings back to me is Ultima Online! Played recently in a free server, In Por Ylem, that did NOT outlaw unattended macroing (oh I had such good steam macros for fishing, mining, lumberjacking, even carto'ing including selling everything to npc's for a profit). It was also T2A so macroers were fair game for pk's anywhere. Fun to sit among the fisher macroers pretending to be macroing as well and pull a nasty combo on the pk's when they came to kill and plunder. Of course, thou wouldst let them murder thy neighbour so their names would turn murderous red and thou couldst yell for the guards to come insta-killing them in a blinding flash of great shock and awe, but they could do none of the same thing unto thee (sorry! I'm no Richard Garriott LOL)

Edited by godescalcus

Cptmcsplody hi! Good point! query Lexy about it..if there is already a merged patch provided in the fomod, we may not need to create our own...there may be a reason she chose not to use that. In my previous post regarding enhanced blood, i was referring to the old guides version. At this point i'm starting fresh on this guide so no where near completion, so i haven't looked at the new version for sse. I only mentioned it as to why the new brawl fix was added to the bottom of the old guide..at any rate Lexy clearly clarified the reason its used on this guide

The " Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged" merge directions tell us to place the created merge directly after itself.

[spoiler=" Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged" Merge Directions] Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged

Create a New Folder in Mod Organizer\mods called Immersive Citizens - ELE patch
Cut and Paste ONLY the following esps into this new folder:

Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp

Files to merge:

ELE_SSE.esp (Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE) - Special Edition)
NoGrassINCaves.esp (No grass in caves)
Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp (Immersive Citizens - ELE patch)

Merge name:

---- Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged

Filename:

ELE Merged.esp

Left pane placement:

Directly after Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged.

LOOT Metadata Update Required:
ELE Merged.esp - Enable Global Priority and set it to 76

Edited by Decopauge123

Hello,

I'm trying out this build on a completely vanilla Skyrim SE- just freshly downloaded everything. I'm working through the prerequisites section and I have a question. When installing the WICO Cleanup Script, the wiki says after installing the .pas to:

go to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder.

There is no \lib folder in my Edit Scripts folder. I was able to find a link to the script listed on the WICO Cleanup script's Nexus prerequisite listing, but I'm not sure if there are other useful scripts in there I'll end up needing.

Thanks for any help you can give, and for the work involved in getting this guide together.

Edited by meefistopheles

So I know DynDolod hasn't been injected into the guide yet, but wanted to mention an issue. I have the guide fully installed as it stands right now, and did all the merges this morning. Ran Dyndolod and wrye bash, started new game. I was just running around various cities making sure everything seemed okay and CTD'd in Winterhold while walking towards the College from the carriage stop. Restarted the game in Solitude, took carriage back to Winterhold, CTD in same place. 

Started up a totally new game, used alternate start to begin as member of the mage guild, CTD after activating the bed. Tried a few other starts just make sure it seemed localized to Winterhold, and far as I could determine it is. I spent a while troubleshooting, deactivating and reactivating mods and using LAL into Winterhold, finally determined it was Dyndolod. Without it I load into Winterhold via LAL or can take a carriage there just fine. If the Dyndolod esm and esp are active in my LO on a fresh start, CTD in Winterhold (or the LAL bed).

I do have Beyond Reach and its LOTD patch added and wanted to make sure it wasn't BR doing something weird so disabled all that, deleted everything dyndolod had generated, re-ran textgen and dyndolod just to be sure nothing was pitching fits, got no error messages from either. LAL start Winterhold, nope, CTD is back again. Disable Dyndolod, Winterhold is functional.

No idea if this is reproducible or if it's user error (I usually put my money on the latter), but mentioning just in case something may be funky.

Hello,

I'm trying out this build on a completely vanilla Skyrim SE- just freshly downloaded everything. I'm working through the prerequisites section and I have a question. When installing the WICO Cleanup Script, the wiki says after installing the .pas to:

go to SSEEdit\Edit Scripts\lib from there copy mteFunctions.pas to the main Edit Scripts folder.

There is no \lib folder in my Edit Scripts folder. I was able to find a link to the script listed on the WICO Cleanup script's Nexus prerequisite listing, but I'm not sure if there are other useful scripts in there I'll end up needing.

Thanks for any help you can give, and for the work involved in getting this guide together.

Get the script from here: https://github.com/matortheeternal/TES5EditScripts

edit: whoops sorry, you said you knew that already. Are you asking if you need other scripts besides that?

Edited by Tzefira

Get the script from here: https://github.com/matortheeternal/TES5EditScripts

edit: whoops sorry, you said you knew that already. Are you asking if you need other scripts besides that?

Yeah, that is what I wanted to know. Thanks for confirming where I was supposed to get the scripts from. I guess the bit about the /lib folder might just be outdated, then, since that folder's not in the new filestructure?

In any case, thanks for the help with this, I was worried I had missed a step already.

The " Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged" merge directions tell us to place the created merge directly after itself.

[spoiler=" Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged" Merge Directions] Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged

Create a New Folder in Mod Organizer\mods called Immersive Citizens - ELE patch

Cut and Paste ONLY the following esps into this new folder:

Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp

Files to merge:

ELE_SSE.esp (Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE) - Special Edition)

NoGrassINCaves.esp (No grass in caves)

Immersive Citizens - ELE patch.esp (Immersive Citizens - ELE patch)

Merge name:

---- Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged

Filename:

ELE Merged.esp

Left pane placement:

Directly after Enhanced Lighting For ENB Merged.

LOOT Metadata Update Required:

ELE Merged.esp - Enable Global Priority and set it to 76

I think the directions are supposed to read "Place directly after Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE) - Special Edition".

Although there doesn't seem to be a graphic for how you should configure Merge Plugins for first time use in the instructions, my memory of what this looked like previously was that "Handle script fragments" under Merging should be ticked. This box used to remain greyed out under SRLE Extended LoTD until you'd entered the paths to the Champollion decompiler and Papyrus compiler programs. This I've done, including pointing to the papyrus flags path, but the box remains greyed out no matter what. Is anyone else having this problem? If not, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks I think your right berndaroy I wasn't sure, if it was an old version of Brawl or Modern brawl. I can safely delete the BSA so.

Am I missing something here with farmhouse chimneys merge?

Because I have two files after installing the mod - FarmhouseChimneysExtrasMerged.esp & FarmhouseChimneys.esp

I chose the merge plugin in the installer.

Vanilla: Installs the mod for the vanilla game plus all of the extra mods. This is a merged plugin to reduce your plugin count. Only use it if you have installed all of the extra mods which patches are available for. They are:

mmm i can't actually remember why I didn't use farmhouse merge plus cant see why not must of had other things on my mind that day. i believe Enhanced blood still has the old version of the bawl bug fix but you would have to ask the mod author to confirm.

OK Thanks I'll sort that out

Hello,

ah sorry my bd I already had the file cos I installed MXPF - Mator's xEdit Patching Framework cos i was testing out SkyAI SE - Skyrim Add Items. I will sort that out.

So I know DynDolod hasn't been injected into the guide yet, but wanted to mention an issue. I have the guide fully installed as it stands right now, and did all the merges this morning. Ran Dyndolod and wrye bash, started new game. I was just running around various cities making sure everything seemed okay and CTD'd in Winterhold while walking towards the College from the carriage stop. Restarted the game in Solitude, took carriage back to Winterhold, CTD in same place. 

Started up a totally new game, used alternate start to begin as member of the mage guild, CTD after activating the bed. Tried a few other starts just make sure it seemed localized to Winterhold, and far as I could determine it is. I spent a while troubleshooting, deactivating and reactivating mods and using LAL into Winterhold, finally determined it was Dyndolod. Without it I load into Winterhold via LAL or can take a carriage there just fine. If the Dyndolod esm and esp are active in my LO on a fresh start, CTD in Winterhold (or the LAL bed).

I do have Beyond Reach and its LOTD patch added and wanted to make sure it wasn't BR doing something weird so disabled all that, deleted everything dyndolod had generated, re-ran textgen and dyndolod just to be sure nothing was pitching fits, got no error messages from either. LAL start Winterhold, nope, CTD is back again. Disable Dyndolod, Winterhold is functional.

No idea if this is reproducible or if it's user error (I usually put my money on the latter), but mentioning just in case something may be funky.

OK thanks I have not gotten into DynDOLOD that much yet. Since you are crashing near Winterhold first thing I am going to ask is have to done the Special installation of Statues of Skyrim to make it's meshes compatible with NSUTR if you don't you will crash when you are near those statues?

Although there doesn't seem to be a graphic for how you should configure Merge Plugins for first time use in the instructions, my memory of what this looked like previously was that "Handle script fragments" under Merging should be ticked. This box used to remain greyed out under SRLE Extended LoTD until you'd entered the paths to the Champollion decompiler and Papyrus compiler programs. This I've done, including pointing to the papyrus flags path, but the box remains greyed out no matter what. Is anyone else having this problem? If not, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

the graphic is here is didn't add cos i need to update for SSE https://imgur.com/a/6k5x3 but it all still applies just point to your MO2 and SSE folders instead