Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

When I merge them all there are the dratted navmesh conflicts

godescalcus hi! Tried that on Oldrim/classic skyrim. As i use more of supported mods then what is in guide, i have to build my own merge. Loaded it in ck after esm-ifying etc and deleting navmesh from merge. All looked good, until i went into library and found the cabinet for skyrim amulet missing and other things. In the end, though i know we should fix the navmesh, read as many guides/tutorials etc still can't get it right, so i leave the merge as is...so far i haven't encountered any issues with it, despite the pesky complaint from merge tool. That said, i may find out later in game or have been very lucky so far. Oh and getting LOTD to load in ck is challenging despite all the required masters as well.....Good to see and hear your participation on the guide Sirjesto

I use most of the patches as well but I don't get Nav errors in my merge. Probably because I don't use Open Cities or Solitude Skyway, which are your likely culprits for those errors. (or are likely contributing to those errors with other patches).

godescalcus hi! Tried that on Oldrim/classic skyrim. As i use more of supported mods then what is in guide, i have to build my own merge. Loaded it in ck after esm-ifying etc and deleting navmesh from merge. All looked good, until i went into library and found the cabinet for skyrim amulet missing and other things. In the end, though i know we should fix the navmesh, read as many guides/tutorials etc still can't get it right, so i leave the merge as is...so far i haven't encountered any issues with it, despite the pesky complaint from merge tool. That said, i may find out later in game or have been very lucky so far. Oh and getting LOTD to load in ck is challenging despite all the required masters as well.....Good to see and hear your participation on the guide Sirjesto

Hi berndaroy, I did also try that in classic but gave up on the number of esmifications needed, so I dumped the navmesh and didn't do anything at all with the CK, and was getting away with it. But I used mainly Sofia and she didn't get lost very easily due to the teleport feature... So I'm bot sure I had all my navmesh working, namely in the Skyway. The displays all seemed to work, though.

I suppose I'll inspect the files more closely to see which cause navmesh conflicts. I have done that in the past, if only one mod in the merge has navmesh edits, they won't break in the merge. Maybe I can get away with a couple of merges instead of only one... And @SirJesto, do you remember exactly what's edited in the Skyway patch? Surely the boulders in the arch below the museum that just barely block the passage, but anything else? I also use Solitude Expansion which adds so much to those outskirts, have it nailed down with Better Docks and its own patch for the Skyway, so if I could just replicate the changes made in the DBM-Skyway patch it would make things simpler. I can check in xEdit but navmesh and height maps, if present, are beyond my range.

Lexy, had you considered adding Realistic Walking and Sneaking Speeds https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/130 ? Nice to be able to walk around at a decent speed and not feel like you've suddenly gone to plaid when running, lol.

@sirjesto I just went frolicking around Solitude and the museum area (Relic Hunter start). When I have the initial conversation with Auryen (right before he gives the "ten septim tour") a few of his lines in the middle of his initial welcome explanation are unvoiced. It continues normally after a while but a few lines are just totally silent. Not sure if that's a known thing.

If you want to know exactly what lines they were I can boot up my save when I get home tomorrow.

Gone to plaid, lol.  Good Spaceballs reference.

Vigor - Combat and Injuries has movement speed tweaks incorporated, and I do believe walking is a little faster while running is a little slower.  Pretty much any movement speed mod makes at least these two tweaks about the same way.

@ Lexy/Darth; I've been working at my own build for SE recently, couple mods maybe worth checking out;

Enhanced Character Edit - I know this was around in LE and can't really say what the difference is between it and RaceMenu, except the interface isn't quite as smooth.  Didn't play with it more than to confirm that it works, but I really can't create a character anymore with those nasty limited vanilla sliders.  

Carriage and Ferry Travel Overhaul - Seems to be a good replacement for Better Fast Travel, a little lighter weight and likely more compatible.  Haven't actually tested this one at all, but as I don't use fast travel this type of mod is critical for me.

Also can't recommend SkyHUD (customize your HUD!  comes with a variety of presets and its really easy to tweak if you're patient.  Works flawlessly with everything in the guide.) and Hallgarths Additional Vanilla Hair (just more hairstyles, in a properly vanilla style - no conflicts, just gives more variety to character creation.  Unfortunate they're not distributed at all, but that does make it a really simple plug n play) enough.

Guide looks awesome.

Is it worth installing right now or are there still a bunch of tweaks/ changes to the overall guide coming?

Sure, modding is fun! In the present state you'll already get a pretty playable and fun modded game to go around. There's conflicts to resolve but I'd say in time it'll take you to fully install the guide, the merges and CR will be nailed down and it'll be all about polishing to finish!

found the cabinet for skyrim amulet missing and other things.

Just remembered that a few mods have patches for LOTD but are also natively recognized by Legacy. Amulets of Skyrim is one, and now Cloaks, MoQ, Jaysus Swords (since we don't have CCOR's official port) and probably more, their original esp needs to be active in order for Legacy to detect them, regardless of their patches being merged or not.

@sirjesto I just went frolicking around Solitude and the museum area (Relic Hunter start). When I have the initial conversation with Auryen (right before he gives the "ten septim tour") a few of his lines in the middle of his initial welcome explanation are unvoiced. It continues normally after a while but a few lines are just totally silent. Not sure if that's a known thing.

If you want to know exactly what lines they were I can boot up my save when I get home tomorrow.

Hmm interesting. Yeah if you could find out the lines that might help.

I was wondering does the Moon and Star - Immersion Patch still conflict with LOTD cos it slightly a annoying that quest starts up right at the begin of the game.

Picky and I were actually working on this yesterday, but he had a CK crash that wrecked our progress. Currently, that patch does mess with Legacy, but we are hoping that the next update to the MaS patch for Legacy will incorporate an immersion system in it that will work.

It may seem to work, but the fact that it requires way of the voice to be done will potentially mess up shattered Legacy. Our idea for a fix should prevent this. Stay tuned.

Edited by sirjesto

Picky and I were actually working on this yesterday, but he had a CK crash that wrecked our progress. Currently, that patch does mess with Legacy, but we are hoping that the next update to the MaS patch for Legacy will incorporate an immersion system in it that will work.

It may seem to work, but the fact that it requires way of the voice to be done will potentially mess up shattered Legacy. Our idea for a fix should prevent this. Stay tuned.

OK Thanks SirJesto.