Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'd look at all mods relating to UNP to make sure they are installed correctly. With it ONLY being female bodies, I doubt it's Racemenu, so it's more likely to be related to the meshes being used, and that means the most likely avenue of troubleshooting is the body replacers. As Lexy mentioned, could have been a bad download as well, so there's a few things there for you to check.

I'd look at all mods relating to UNP to make sure they are installed correctly. With it ONLY being female bodies, I doubt it's Racemenu, so it's more likely to be related to the meshes being used, and that means the most likely avenue of troubleshooting is the body replacers. As Lexy mentioned, could have been a bad download as well, so there's a few things there for you to check.

The weird part was I could make a khajiit female, then switch to another race just fine, but I decided to redownload racemenu and a couple other mods which were simple to replace, but after repatching, my game now crashes like I had missing masters or a bad load order, but loot gives no errors and sseEdit starts up and loads with no errors either. Back to square 1 :/ I probably could be 1/4 through re-installing with the 2-3 hours of debugging I've done haha.

Welcome to the fun of Lexy's Guide - I think I can count on one hand the number of people who get it right the first time.

After redownloading, did you redo the appropriate portions of the Finishing Line? IE, LOOT, Bashed, Mator, zEdit?

Twice. Third time is the charm or something like that? Also is this forum searchable? I don't see a search function but I also feel like I might be asking already answered questions and feel bad.

EDIT: Somehow the mods from Wrye bash got re-enabled and were built into Mator Smash, maybe third time is the charm, running it now.

Edited by Newguys

There is a search bar (look up at the top of the page, right side), and you are asking a few questions that have been before... but no worries. Asking someone to read/search through a 620+ page thread is likely not a realistic thing, and your questions are at least specific to problems you have been seeing. Add in that you aren't just asking them blindly and have at least tried to do some research, and you're golden.

really there no difference between the STEP version and NEXUS Version only difference is I usually update STEP first then push through my lastest changes to NEXUS in a few days later.

well, I did had 38 ITMS the last time I looked it might have changed with recent LOOT and xEdit updates.

Edit: I have just recleaned Ingo and It was 34 ITMs

Thanks a lot for double checking. I really appreciate it.

I'm making merges and I noticed that for the Trees and Flora Merged, it's not copying the ini from verdant. I have Verdant checked in the left pane, and "Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.ini" shows up under the Data tab in MO2. I also have Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods activated, which has the renamed "Verdant - A Skyrim Grass Plugin SSE Version.esp" checked. I can just manually copy it into the merge and rename it but any idea why Merge Plugins wouldn't do it?

The weird part was I could make a khajiit female, then switch to another race just fine, but I decided to redownload racemenu and a couple other mods which were simple to replace, but after repatching, my game now crashes like I had missing masters or a bad load order, but loot gives no errors and sseEdit starts up and loads with no errors either. Back to square 1 :/ I probably could be 1/4 through re-installing with the 2-3 hours of debugging I've done haha.

Just spitballing an option: try unchecking KS Hairdos once and see if the error still happens.

I don't think it's necessarily an error, but I do remember that when I did my first start-up of the guide (which was also before I just went "screw it" and threw everything onto a dedicated SSD, which I think made a large difference), switching gender from male to female caused some SERIOUS lag, and from my experimentation, I think it was from the game trying to load every hairdo, in high poly, with high textures, all at once.

Not sure what your machine is like, but it may be choking on that, and it would seem to fit the criteria: not a problem for males, and I don't think all hairdos are loaded/apply to Khajiit?

My personal build is now so far afield of the original guide that I'm afraid I can't provide more help than that one anecdote, but I definitely ran into a minor snag there.

I'm still at work, so can't take a look at what files specifically, but I'm guessing one of the esps provided by the mod list explicitly references the files provided by KS Hairdos, so straight unchecking probably wouldn't work either. Bleh. :/ Sorry I'm no real help - just want to reaffirm that you're not crazy because I did have something similar (albeit not as severe).

I'm still at work, so can't take a look at what files specifically, but I'm guessing one of the esps provided by the mod list explicitly references the files provided by KS Hairdos, so straight unchecking probably wouldn't work either. Bleh. :/ Sorry I'm no real help - just want to reaffirm that you're not crazy because I did have something similar (albeit not as severe).

I'll definitely look into it if I get the pack working again. This is driving me crazy, because it's not a Bethesda logo than ctd like with masters wrong, it gets to the main menu then crashes. I took a break for a while but I'm basically going through and redoing everything but installing al the mods again in hopes I don't have to.

Okay, looking at it again - the .esp is in Immersive KS Hairdos, which in turn is merged as part of Faces Merged, so I'm not sure there's an easy way to "turn off" that stuff, particularly after running Smash, etc.

Looking into your earlier posts, it sounds like there's nothing involved in this install other than the mods from the list itself. Doing some quick checks - for Nord males, 128 hairs, Khajiit Male there's 11, Khajiit Female there's also 11, but going to nord female it's up to 350, with 300 of those being from Faces Merged.esp. It varies a bit from there (338 for Bosmer, etc), but still a higher number. KS Hairdos takes up 2.89GB on my disk between meshes and textures - it doesn't SEEM like that should be too much, but I don't know - I never CTD, but when I had it on a platter disk it lagged for a bit while it loaded everything.

Just as a sanity check, have you tried downloading and using a preset, to see if that sidesteps the problem?

e: Seems like this has happened with other folks before too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimSEMods/comments/7jrxv4/ks_hairdos_sse_causing_race_menu_to_crash_to/

Looks like there was a workaround for LE, no idea if this thing works with SSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526

Commentary on that mod:

To use this in SSE, find EngineFixes64.ini within the SSE Engine Fixes Part 1 Mod file and change [PrecacheKiller] enabled to enabled=true.
SSE Engine Fixes is part of the build already. So if this is the problem, you can try that out maybe?
Edited by Jragghen

Okay, looking at it again - the .esp is in Immersive KS Hairdos, which in turn is merged as part of Faces Merged, so I'm not sure there's an easy way to "turn off" that stuff, particularly after running Smash, etc.

Looking into your earlier posts, it sounds like there's nothing involved in this install other than the mods from the list itself. Doing some quick checks - for Nord males, 128 hairs, Khajiit Male there's 11, Khajiit Female there's also 11, but going to nord female it's up to 350, with 300 of those being from Faces Merged.esp. It varies a bit from there (338 for Bosmer, etc), but still a higher number. KS Hairdos takes up 2.89GB on my disk between meshes and textures - it doesn't SEEM like that should be too much, but I don't know - I never CTD, but when I had it on a platter disk it lagged for a bit while it loaded everything.

Just as a sanity check, have you tried downloading and using a preset, to see if that sidesteps the problem?

e: Seems like this has happened with other folks before too:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkyrimSEMods/comments/7jrxv4/ks_hairdos_sse_causing_race_menu_to_crash_to/

Looks like there was a workaround for LE, no idea if this thing works with SSE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526

Commentary on that mod:

To use this in SSE, find EngineFixes64.ini within the SSE Engine Fixes Part 1 Mod file and change [PrecacheKiller] enabled to enabled=true.
SSE Engine Fixes is part of the build already. So if this is the problem, you can try that out maybe?

I used to have to use the precache killer, thought it would be fine with the 64x memory allocation of SE though. Though I still think I might lose my sanity reinstalling everything. I enjoy modding, but having to do this pack over again might be daunting for me.

I followed the 02/01/19 update.

Went to update MCM settings per Mod Configuration Menu Setup

Expanded Towns

Settings

Fortification Wall

• Dawnstar - Disabled
  • Morthal - Disabled
  • Falkreath - ???
  • Morthal - ???

Smelters

• Toggle Smelters - Enabled

Patches

Immersive Citizen

• Toggle Compatibility - Enabled

*** There is no patches menu any more ***

MCM Menu Instructions do not match the updated Expanded Towns and Cities mod and need to be updated.

1)  There are two additional walls - Falkreath and Morthal (I've disabled in mine, to keep in flavor of the original - not sure if this is correct)

2)  There is no longer an Immersive Citizens Patch, so not sure if it's built into the mod, or what.

(I actually assumed I did something wrong with the install, and followed the instructions exactly a second time with the same results.)

Thank you again for this awesome build!