Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Typically from what I've seen, the common workaround for Night Eye and ENB is a tandem hotkey that disables the ENB processing effects while Night Eye is active and then re-activates them when Night Eye is turned off.

Re: WACCF et all, do folks anticipate it being something that gets merged, or something that sits in a standalone esp slot moving forward once incorporated?  I've been working on rounds of fine-tuning and sharpening my pencil for my mod loadout as things get settled in (and have been rebuilding my merges with the right settings this time, so that all the necessary assets are cleanly in place!)  I wanted to hold off on rebuilding my Weapons & Armour merge until the new releases were sorted out though.

Part the First: Yes, that's a workaround - the one I was mentioning didn't need that, as it was built around ENB to begin with, and so worked 'out of the box' with no need for it. This is why I've been attempting to get it working in SE.

Part the Second: No idea about it's eventual placement, but I see it either being used as part of the NPC merge with an updated CR, or standing alone with an updated CR. Until the team figures that out, I'm sitting them low on the left pane and LOOT sorted on the right.

Right on; if you do manage to find a way to fix it at the ENB level I'd love to hear it.

I've been trying to tidy things as much as I can condense them--my modding 'beyond' the guide's loadout is predominately a combo of trying to cover any additional mods that add content to LotD, and trying to cover some of the biggest 'bang for you buck' adventure / new lands (e.g. Clockwork, Project AHO, etc. are a lot of content for a single esp each.) 

I have a bit of condensing breathing room to work with yet (I've been holding off on building a bash merge until everything else is settled, and I know already that will knock about 5 more esps off of my current setup cleanly) but I am otherwise at 248 esps currently pending more pruning / merging / finishing touches.

I'm very tempted to incorporate e.g. Undeath, though there seem to be multiple mods that overhaul Undeath itself and it's tough sorting between them.  I'm also waiting on Immersive World Encounters and the like to finish the rapid update / polishing stages before incorporating them.  

In other news, Immersive Needs - For the conscious modder dropped yesterday and throws some shade at iNeed criticizing scripts and the like.  Same author as Cinematic Dragon Soul Absorption.  Raised an eyebrow at their approach to knocking other modding, but curious about what they've got going on.  

New suggestion!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18994

Fixes few things, improves things. Honestly, a bit too many to list here.

Already in process of figuring this one out - this mod and it's companion were discussed a few pages back. Thanks for the link though!

In other news, Immersive Needs - For the conscious modder dropped yesterday and throws some shade at iNeed criticizing scripts and the like.  Same author as Cinematic Dragon Soul Absorption.  Raised an eyebrow at their approach to knocking other modding, but curious about what they've got going on.  

Not at iNeed specifically - needs mods in general. That said, as far as I can tell from the description, it doesn't provide the same flexibility that iNeed does - which is why all the scripts are needed in the first place. Honestly, between his slams right out of the gate and the lack of flexibility, I have no real desire to look at this further.

Ahh, looking at the mod page again he must've changed the description after folks noted the shade being thrown--when it was first posted, it did specifically target iNeed in the mod description and accused it of having '30 broken bug-ridden scripts' etc.  Definitely not keen on the attitude even post-edit, though, I have to agree.

It is one thing to say "I took a look at this mod, found bugs, and fixed them. I posted this as a stand-in until the original author fixes them him/herself or until I get permission to take over the mod's maintenance," and quite another to say, "All them other mods are broke as anything, they suck, I rule, this is how it should have been in the first place, worship me." 

Unless you are Sheson, in which case the worshiping part is fine.

Back on the black face for Aela - I pulled up the load list in SSE and found something very interesting... all of Aela's face parts (and even her armor...) were replaced with those of Ignun Black-Briar in the Conflict Resolution Patch... which if memory serves was recently updated? If that's the case, could a large number of accidental changes be causing this problem?

I'm testing this theory by moving the records from the NPC Retexture to the zEdit patch. I'm going to hunt down Aela and see if it made any difference.

EDIT: CONFIRMED. Face and armor were back to what was expected, with no black face at all. Theory: Somehow, in the most recent version of the conflict resolution patch, records were swapped around. Aela, as I've mentioned, was assigned Ignun's armor and face records, as an example, and when I moved the Aela records from the NPC merge to zEdit (used it cause it was last in the conflict paths), she appears as she is supposed to.

I suggest, for those who see this bug at the moment, that you check SSEEdit to see if the same is true of other NPC's we've seen with the problem lately. I was putting it down to a strange interaction between Krypt's SSE mods and the original load order, but it may be inherent in the files we were given by Lexy instead. Can anyone else confirm they see something similar?

EDIT the Second: The offending records are coming from the Conflict Resolution Merged file, which means the one I generated through Merge Plugins. Not Lexy's fault on this one - though it seems that the Merge isn't carrying over records as it should either. Anyone have recommendations?

Edited by Shadriss

It seems to be a really disturbing trend of late. Everyone wants to throw shade at those that came before them, or anyone who doesn't subscribe to their vision of what Skyrim is. In the last two days, I've seen the crap about iNeed and RN&D, saw RW2 called a cancer, WACCF called a bloated waste of time, Vivid Weathers called garbage. And on and on. It's one thing coming from users, but when these are public comments from mod makers, it's really depressing. It also dissuades me from ever installing anything they make, no matter how good it may look. 

Now, to figure out what bugged out and made everyone's animations in-game speed up. The dialogue clipping into itself if driving me bonkers.   

Back on the black face for Aela - I pulled up the load list in SSE and found something very interesting... all of Aela's face parts (and even her armor...) were replaced with those of Ignun Black-Briar in the Conflict Resolution Patch... which if memory serves was recently updated? If that's the case, could a large number of accidental changes be causing this problem?

I'm testing this theory by moving the records from the NPC Retexture to the zEdit patch. I'm going to hunt down Aela and see if it made any difference.

ah, that happens all the time Aela is the biggest pain in the arse. Do Do you have the very latest versions? Sometimes after an update to NPC Retexture merge the Formids changes and point to other NPC but don't show as errors in xEdit. Check the Headparts and Body armour are correct the others to look out for are Frea, Rikke and Brelyna Maryon. I will triple check the NPC Retexture CR when I am home next week. I will also too and WACCF (Or whatever that is called now).

ah, that happens all the time Aela is the biggest pain in the arse. Do Do you have the very latest versions? Sometimes after an update to NPC Retexture merge the Formids changes and point to other NPC but don't show as errors in xEdit. Check the Headparts and Body armour are correct the others to look out for are Frea, Rikke and Brelyna Maryon. I will triple check the NPC Retexture CR when I am home next week. I will also too and WACCF (Or whatever that is called now).

I'll check those ones specifically, but as the error seems to be in the Conflict Resolution Merged, I'll check to make sure that merge is correct first. But in answer, yes I have the latest files, but I may not have rebuilt that merge patch when I needed to. The only thing that makes me unsure that this is just a ME problem is the other poster who mentioned a lot of Black Face issues. Regardless, I'll check into those others, rebuild my patch, and report back.

Or he will have your second born as well!!!!!! :rofl:

Quoted for truth.

EDIT: Brelyna had the problem as well, Using Rikke's pieces. Rikke was fine, and I found no entry on Frea - I'm assuming a misspelling or some such, so can you remind me who this char is? In the meantime, I'm going to rebuild the conflict resolution merged patch and see what results.

EDIT the Second: Rebuilding the Conflict Resolution Merged Patch seems to fix the problem, looking at the SSEEdit records after rebuild. I went back and looked at the changelogs, and saw no mention of needed to rebuild this merge in the last month - not placing blame, just pointing out that if that part of the changelog is to remain, we might want to be sure that ALL merges that need to rebuild get listed instead of relying on the user to ID that requirement - things like this happen otherwise.

On the upside, I learned how to better use SSEEdit today, so no loss at all. :)

EDIT the THIRD!: Re-Engaged ENB, as of AUG02 claims to support Night Eye. Of course it's after we moved to Phoenix... though according to the posts on Phoenix, the author is attempting to find help to get it working as well.

Edited by Shadriss

Love seeing the LotD guide being made for SSE, makes me quite excited!

I understand it is still a WIP, but I am having a couple issues I am hoping somebody can point me in the direction to fix.

First, I keep getting CTDs when I try to either sell things to any NPC, and when in the Safehouse and trying to move things around in my inventory.

Second, I have a missing texture, I believe it's to do with pine trees.  The ones on the mountain to High Hrothgar especially.  The branches and leaves are there, but the trunk is missing, and is instead that wonderful purple we all hate to see.  With a few different tree mods installed, along with a Smash Patch and DynDOLOD, I am not exactly sure where to start to fix that.

Any help with these would be wonderful, and greatly appreciated.

Joe

P.S.  Don't suppose anybody would know what all would need to be done to be able to safely add The Book of UUNP into my game without causing any issues?  I love the variety in armor that mods gives, and after thousands of hours playing Skyrim, even Immersive Armors starts to look bland and "samey".  Found out in the Oldrim guide that I am no good at all with conflict resolution patches, so thought I'd ask you fine people for help/advice.

I'll check those ones specifically, but as the error seems to be in the Conflict Resolution Merged, I'll check to make sure that merge is correct first. But in answer, yes I have the latest files, but I may not have rebuilt that merge patch when I needed to. The only thing that makes me unsure that this is just a ME problem is the other poster who mentioned a lot of Black Face issues. Regardless, I'll check into those others, rebuild my patch, and report back.

Quoted for truth.

EDIT: Brelyna had the problem as well, Using Rikke's pieces. Rikke was fine, and I found no entry on Frea - I'm assuming a misspelling or some such, so can you remind me who this char is? In the meantime, I'm going to rebuild the conflict resolution merged patch and see what results.

EDIT the Second: Rebuilding the Conflict Resolution Merged Patch seems to fix the problem, looking at the SSEEdit records after rebuild. I went back and looked at the changelogs, and saw no mention of needed to rebuild this merge in the last month - not placing blame, just pointing out that if that part of the changelog is to remain, we might want to be sure that ALL merges that need to rebuild get listed instead of relying on the user to ID that requirement - things like this happen otherwise.

On the upside, I learned how to better use SSEEdit today, so no loss at all. :)

EDIT the THIRD!: Re-Engaged ENB, as of AUG02 claims to support Night Eye. Of course it's after we moved to Phoenix... though according to the posts on Phoenix, the author is attempting to find help to get it working as well.

Frea is from the Dragonborn DLC.

Frea is from the Dragonborn DLC.

Ahhhhh. Interesting, since the conflict resolution merged doesn't touch her... at least mine doesn't. I'll check her through the DB file and see what's going on there real quick.

EDIT: Found her, and after the re-make of the merge, no issues that I can see. Sad isn't it? Been playing this since release, and never once made it over to Solstheim... too much time modding, and not enough playing, I suppose. At any rate, I'm ready to say that, on this issue at least, it was my own creation by not paying quite close enough attention.

Edited by Shadriss