Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey everyone, I'm loosely following this guide and I just finished up the NPC retextures section, however I'm NOT using The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal mod. What would be the safe way to go about removing Gray Fox Cowl.esm from the masters of the NPC Retexture Merge? I tried looking for records that reference the esm in xedit to delete those, then cleaning the master but I couldn't find any references to it. Any advice?

Hmm, it was by disabling half my plugins on the right pane and slowly re-adding them that I narrowed it to crashing with DynDOLOD in the first place, but that was by loading a save and running to a cell border that I determined would consistently crash.  I haven't tried swooping around--but you're saying to disable a bunch but keep DynDOLOD enabled instead? 

I am 100% sure that I've got some screwy asset issues from Merge Plugins not consolidating them along, but had tried to make sure I kept the source mods enabled till (so e.g. I would just move the esp file into optional but keep the mod enabled.)  I take it that doing this without extracting the bsa files leaves things not loading properly due to no longer having the named esp file with them, even though those files are merged into something else?

If you have screwy assets because of merge plugins.. dont expect anything else to work. Go over the guide and setup merge plugins, and mod organizer exactly as instructed and rebuild them and test them again.. swooping around is the easiest way to test your load order.. don't even run dyndolod.esp until you sort out the merging issues, stabalize it one block at a time.. trial and error. Its the only way, rushing through the guide and skipping steps doesnt pay off at the end.. it simply wont work

Hey everyone, I'm loosely following this guide and I just finished up the NPC retextures section, however I'm NOT using The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal mod. What would be the safe way to go about removing Gray Fox Cowl.esm from the masters of the NPC Retexture Merge? I tried looking for records that reference the esm in xedit to delete those, then cleaning the master but I couldn't find any references to it. Any advice?

Take a look at this. It's from the Troubleshooting section of the guide.

• +1 1

There should only be one entry you need to remove, xx30781. It's under Non-Player Character, manny_GF_UncleSheogorath aka Sheogorath. Remove it from the patch and clean masters and you should be good to go. 

• +1 1

The word you want is Matrushka... and I wonder how many people even know what the proper name for the Russian nesting doll is.

I plead autocorrect and haste on that one!  :teehee:

I cannot wait for Trade & Barter to make the migration over too, it's a big missing link for that 'perfect' core of Skyrim mods IMO.

Take a look at this. It's from the Troubleshooting section of the guide.

Naturally it's in guide, just didn't think to check down there, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

There should only be one entry you need to remove, xx30781. It's under Non-Player Character, manny_GF_UncleSheogorath aka Sheogorath. Remove it from the patch and clean masters and you should be good to go. 

Yup, that was it. Found it and fixed it, thank you guys for the quick replies :)

Edited by TIN_TIN

It's funny you should ask, I was just looking through the same thing.  It seems like Ecotone might be good, but idkVisible gear and Auto unequip shields both have quite a few negative comments.

So far Ecotone is really good.  Get the DSR meshes from LE and convert them and then run the patcher.  Visible Favorited Gear works well also and seems compatible with Ecotone now that version 3.0 doesn't use any slots.

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen happen in a long time - a TRIPLE Ninja post! :) That said, since we can already suppose this will most certainly be in the guide, what would be replaced/overwritten/etc? IE, where should it go in the load order until Lexy makes the full guide change? 

There are a few conflicts but not as many as one would expect.  MLU already used some of the keywords, so it's close to being ready as is.  As far as I can tell you don't want to use the leveled list patch if you're using MLU, since it will add a lot of the gear back into the world that MLU is supposed to remove.  Otherwise letting LOOT do it's thing is a good place to start with the main plugins.

There are a few conflicts but not as many as one would expect.  MLU already used some of the keywords, so it's close to being ready as is.  As far as I can tell you don't want to use the leveled list patch if you're using MLU, since it will add a lot of the gear back into the world that MLU is supposed to remove.  Otherwise letting LOOT do it's thing is a good place to start with the main plugins.

Of course you don't want to use the leveled list file... of course not? Why would I do that? Excuse me... *runs off and redoes patches*

EDIT: Following my complete rebuild of patches that totally had nothing to do with using the leveled list files, I'm getting the black face bug on Aela... is this one of the conflicts you mentioned earlier? I'm not sure why it would be, but since I've changed nothing else in the line up, I'm unsure what else would cause it.

This mod can be installed in Skyrim SE?

That was going to be my next question, since when I looked in on it, I saw that CCOR was listed, and that certainly hasn't been converted to SE yet. I'm not sure how much use this will really be.

Edited by Shadriss