Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey so i was wondering about a few things:

1. There are tons and tons of mods in the guide, and alot of them I didn’t want or need for various reasons, but since the Lext patches, Merge section and Finish section assume you installed everything they kind of break for me since I didn’t, so I was wondering if you could maybe write a text guide for custom conflict resolution patch etc.?

I mainly installed fixes, enhancements (DLL), texture and graphic mods (pluginless), major content mods (Falskaar, BSB, AHO), well-known overhauls (Ordinator, Apocalypse, Morrowloot Ultimate+DDL+Unique Loot) and of course LOTD and mods that it is made to support (like Immersive Armors etc.). Total of 150 plugins.

2. I did some research in SSEdit and Google/Nexus, and MLU, Unique Loot and DDL are pretty much compatible, aslong as MLU is the last plugin loaded, so I’m curious as to the Bashed/Smashed Patch, I followed the guide where applicable, but I want MLU to be the winner in all loot mod conflicts (so I put all loot mods above MLU in load order). Does making a Bashed/Smashed patch according to the guide mean MLU wins?

Also, the aMidianborn Content Addon.esp in the guide just says â€Download and replace esp with with cleaned plugin that has MLU as a master so smash does what we want later on†but this esp isn’t referred to anywhere else. Is it enough to just replace the esp like I have done and make bashed/smashed patches according to the guide?

3. I downloaded what mods and patches from the Lexy page that were applicable to my setup, but couldn’t follow all the steps because of paragraph 1 in the post, where do I put those .esps in the load order? They are sorted with LOOT (like Level lists.esp from Lexy and MLU Consistency).

I know the guide isn’t finished, but it assumes people using it are experienced modders, so it doesn’t do as good a job of explaining how to use stuff (furst time I saw zEdit and xLODGEN was in finishing line, no explanation on what they do, where to get them or how to use them or why you need them), so I stopped after Smashed Patch and just used SSELODGEN.

1. There are tons and tons of mods in the guide, and alot of them I didn’t want or need for various reasons, but since the Lext patches, Merge section and Finish section assume you installed everything they kind of break for me since I didn’t, so I was wondering if you could maybe write a text guide for custom conflict resolution patch etc.?

I mainly installed fixes, enhancements (DLL), texture and graphic mods (pluginless), major content mods (Falskaar, BSB, AHO), well-known overhauls (Ordinator, Apocalypse, Morrowloot Ultimate+DDL+Unique Loot) and of course LOTD and mods that it is made to support (like Immersive Armors etc.). Total of 150 plugins.

2. I did some research in SSEdit and Google/Nexus, and MLU, Unique Loot and DDL are pretty much compatible, aslong as MLU is the last plugin loaded, so I’m curious as to the Bashed/Smashed Patch, I followed the guide where applicable, but I want MLU to be the winner in all loot mod conflicts (so I put all loot mods above MLU in load order). Does making a Bashed/Smashed patch according to the guide mean MLU wins?

Also, the aMidianborn Content Addon.esp in the guide just says â€Download and replace esp with with cleaned plugin that has MLU as a master so smash does what we want later on†but this esp isn’t referred to anywhere else. Is it enough to just replace the esp like I have done and make bashed/smashed patches according to the guide?

3. I downloaded what mods and patches from the Lexy page that were applicable to my setup, but couldn’t follow all the steps because of paragraph 1 in the post, where do I put those .esps in the load order? They are sorted with LOOT (like Level lists.esp from Lexy and MLU Consistency).

I know the guide isn’t finished, but it assumes people using it are experienced modders, so it doesn’t do as good a job of explaining how to use stuff (furst time I saw zEdit and xLODGEN was in finishing line, no explanation on what they do, where to get them or how to use them or why you need them), so I stopped after Smashed Patch and just used SSELODGEN.

I can only answer the last part of your post, but it seems like you missed the prerequisites page? That has all the info on where to get and how to install things like zEdit and xLODGEN. There's a link to it near the top of the main guide page.

• +1 1

1: Conflict resolutions patches differ based on the mods being resolved, it is not possible to just write a guide for it in a general case. The decision making process during creating one is too complex, it would take a book. There are many conflict resolution tutorials that attempt to do so available on youtube and reddit and other places around the internet.

2: Yes, using smash.forceall means smash forwards any changes MLU makes over any later mods so it wins overrides. And yes replacing that esp is enough.

3: It is difficult to help with custom load order issues without knowing what load order the issues are in.

By 'unfinished' what is really meant is constantly-evolving. There is no plan to 'finish' the creation of the guide.

The guide is not meant for novice modders, but more as a framework for experienced modders to build upon, or a demonstration of the extent of what modding can add to the game in a stable manner.

The links to zedit and xlodgen are both in the prerequisites page and there is a ton of information out on the internet about how to use them and what they are for.

Descriptions of those tools are also on the Prereq page:

Zedit "Mod Notes: This tool is similar to SSEEdit."

LODGen "Mod Notes: This is a utility used to generate LOD meshes and textures "exactly" like CK."
Edited by mtreis86
  • +1 1

1: Conflict resolutions patches differ based on the mods being resolved, it is not possible to just write a guide for it in a general case. The decision making process during creating one is too complex, it would take a book. There are many conflict resolution tutorials that attempt to do so available on youtube and reddit and other places around the internet.

2: Yes, using smash.forceall means smash forwards any changes MLU makes over any later mods so it wins overrides. And yes replacing that esp is enough.

3: It is difficult to help with custom load order issues without knowing what load order the issues are in.

By 'unfinished' what is really meant is constantly-evolving. There is no plan to 'finish' the creation of the guide.

The guide is not meant for novice modders, but more as a framework for experienced modders to build upon, or a demonstration of the extent of what modding can add to the game in a stable manner.

The links to zedit and xlodgen are both in the prerequisites page and there is a ton of information out on the internet about how to use them and what they are for.

Descriptions of those tools are also on the Prereq page:

Zedit "Mod Notes: This tool is similar to SSEEdit."

LODGen "Mod Notes: This is a utility used to generate LOD meshes and textures "exactly" like CK."

Hey, thanks alot for the help, I think I might have missed prerequisites perhaps, will check it out.

About 2. Great thanks!

About 3. It’s not an issue really, I was just wondering, since I didn’t merge plugins because I skipped alot of mods from the lists, where in the load order it is recommended to put the .esps downloaded from Lexy’s Nexus page. E.g. MLU Consistency, MLU Conflict Resolution, and Lexy Level Lists. I just used LOOT to sort them and made them part of my bashed and smashed patch, I assume though that I should rebuild my smashed patch and set â€smash.forceall†on all Lexy esps? Considering your answer on what that tag does in paragraph 2.

Edited by adrianoz

Hey, thanks alot for the help, I think I might have missed prerequisites perhaps, will check it out.

About 2. Great thanks!

About 3. It’s not an issue really, I was just wondering, since I didn’t merge plugins because I skipped alot of mods from the lists, where in the load order it is recommended to put the .esps downloaded from Lexy’s Nexus page. E.g. MLU Consistency, MLU Conflict Resolution, and Lexy Level Lists. I just used LOOT to sort them and made them part of my bashed and smashed patch, I assume though that I should rebuild my smashed patch and set â€smash.forceall†on all Lexy esps? Considering your answer on what that tag does in paragraph 2.

Yeah if you aren't merging some mods, I would treat them like they were the merge, so if one of them is part of a merge getting forceall, I would apply that on the constituent parts.

Yeah if you aren't merging some mods, I would treat them like they were the merge, so if one of them is part of a merge getting forceall, I would apply that on the constituent parts.

Thank alot!

Will redo it, checked out prerequisites and it answered my previous questions, just a suggestion to make the Prerequisites part stand out more, and maybe add some keywords like zEdit to its description (tried text searching for it in the main guide) similar to the other categories in the guide with a headline, I’m probably not the only one to miss it, and I actually scrolled through several times trying to find something like it, never occurred to me to check the treetab on the upper right line by line though.

One last question, since Wrye Bash deactivates several plugins and imports them into the Bashed Patch, when I open Mator Smash and MO2 those mods are unchecked/deactivated.

So when I want to build my Smashed Patch, does using smash.Forceall on the Bashed Patch have the same effect as using it on the now deactivated, individual plugins? (For example, WB deactivates several MLU Patch plugins, such as MLU Heavy Armory, so when I build my smashed patch, those .esps are unchecked/deactivated. Will using smash.forceall on the bashed patch have the same effect, i.e ensuring MLU wins conflict overwrites, as if I was using it on the individual esp, in this case MLU HeavyArmory?)

Edited by adrianoz

Guessing nobody has any insight into the issue and question I asked a couple pages back?  Regarding missing tree textures, and what would be involved with adding Book of UUNP into my game?

missing trees texture I would hazard a guess is SFO and Book of UUNP not used that so can't help there.

Hi,

Regarding the "Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged" merge -- MajesticMountains.esp has a coresponding .ini file "MajesticMountains.ini", which the merge currently does not mention.
After the merge is mage should this ini file  be copied into the merged mod and renamed "Landscape Environment and Clutter Merged.ini" ?

Regards,

dan.