Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Ok so with Wrye Bash Being a right Pain the Arse I am going to recommend for this guide we switch to Mator's Smash; So please go forth and start testing that out for us. We will likely need to add custom tags and stuff so need to learn how to do that.

and if comes to it we may even just provided a Pre-created Smash patch but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Oooh! I'm excited! I like what I've read so far about Mator Smash's abilities.

Just found this too, GamerPoets got a video;

Mator Smash : Installation & General Use

0:17 Introduction

1:21 *Installation*

1:39 -Note

2:25 -Mod Manager Steps

2:36 -Non-M.O. Users

2:52 -Mod Organizer Users

3:07 Setup

3:59 -Note

5:24 Basic Smash Patch

6:10 -Note

7:55 -Note

8:53 -Note

9:23 Rebuilding the Patch

9:25 -Prep Work

10:14 -Process

11:07 -Note

11:36 Thank You's and References

-Xaxilis

yes i used Gamerpoets video when i first set smash up. One thing I wish it did was automatically disable "merged" plugins like Wrye Bash does would save hassle on having to do that manually.

Yeah, that's sounds like it's going to be a digging/hunting disabling headache.

Hrmm.. did you run accross the problem with running it inside MO2 and it not reading the load order correctly?  Seems to be an issue people know about but, I'm still digging around the net to find a solution.

Maybe test WB with it

problem is i can't even get Wrye Bash to run it keep crashing on me and i have to bring task manner and end the process. Frankly I can see why people including my wife are unhappy with it.

Edit: The new merged version of BadGemlins is still flagging as bad so basically Wrye Bash is broken and they need to fix this nonsense. I wash my hands of it until they get it sorted.

Hrmm.. did you run across the problem with running it inside MO2 and it not reading the load order correctly?  Seems to be an issue people know about but, I'm still digging around the net to find a solution.

I manually pointed it to our MO2 installation and it worked ok.

this might be of help too:

Hrmm.. did you run accross the problem with running it inside MO2 and it not reading the load order correctly?  Seems to be an issue people know about but, I'm still digging around the net to find a solution.

Not exclusive to MO, Merge Plugins Standalone has the same problem. It seems the game now uses a different way of reading the load order and the plugins.txt file (located at %Appdata/Local/Skyrim Special Edition) now does NOT include Bethesda's plugins. Since MPS (and, apparently, MO) expects those to be present, they somehow inject them into the load order but completely misplace them, messing the whole thing up. The workaround I use is to have a txt file containing

*Skyrim.esm
*Update.esm
*Dawnguard.esm
*HearthFires.esm
*Dragonborn.esm

I open the text file, select all, copy, open plugins.txt (have shortcuts for both files in my start menu), paste at the top of the file, CTRL+S (save), DON'T CLOSE OR SWITCH TO ANOTHER APP that causes plugins.txt to update (such as Wrye Bash), instead open Merge Plugins Standalone (have a shortcut in the start menu right beside the basted .txt files) and everything's normal.

I'm sorry I don't remember where I've got this info but I've tried to replicate it exactly as I do, not that much of a hassle if you have your shortcuts at hand. This applies to Merge Plugins Standalone, I have no idea if MO's issue has the same origin since I'm using it only as a FOMOD extractor and as a safety net to run the CK from, but I do confirm the load order is all messed up. Using the "sort" button on top of the right pane seems to fix it, though-

problem is i can't even get Wrye Bash to run it keep crashing on me and i have to bring task manner and end the process. Frankly I can see why people including my wife are unhappy with it.

Running the latest wrye, Darth? Older ones like the beta1 at nexus are not for SSE. I also remember that wrye bash within MO2 was broken last summer but I think it has since been fixed... Don't know. It doesn't crash at all when used standalone. Still, I'll be reading about the smash testing as I'm curious about it. Now that I'm beginning to get used to CR'ing, SRLE-style :P

Running the latest wrye, Darth? Older ones like the beta1 at nexus are not for SSE. I also remember that wrye bash within MO2 was broken last summer but I think it has since been fixed... Don't know. It doesn't crash at all when used standalone. Still, I'll be reading about the smash testing as I'm curious about it. Now that I'm beginning to get used to CR'ing, SRLE-style :P

I am using the standalone version in fact from the link you posted so that should be the most up to date version. The mopy folder is placed on the Skyrim Special edition main directory  I have deactivated all the know bad plugins have found so far (Badgemlins is now popping up as bad so deactivated that) and Wrye Bash still refuses to actually create the Bash Patch and just stuck and I have to bring task manager to stop it every time. So until it is fixed and this nonsense is over I am done with Wrye Bash on SE; It is simply not worth the hassle anymore. Mator Smash does basically the same thing as the Bash patch so I will be leaning towards that for this guide.

I have no issue with Wrye Bash on Classic Part from the known main menu bug which we all know about we have sorted.

Ok so with Wrye Bash Being a right Pain the Arse I am going to recommend for this guide we switch to Mator's Smash; So please go forth and start testing that out for us. We will likely need to add custom tags and stuff so need to learn how to do that.

and if comes to it we may even just provided a Pre-created Smash patch but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Reading Mator Smash Quick Start, [WIP] Mator Smash, [WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution and [WIP] Mator Smash, and watching Mator Smash Standalone - Alpha v0.0.7 - Tutorial and Mator Smash : Installation & General Use, allowed me to go from never having seen Mator Smash to creating a Smashed Patch my first attempt.  That was a Quick-and-Dirty SP, in that I didn't follow all recommendations.  I wanted to see what would happen: the game ran and for nearly 20 minutes I explored Skyrim.  It wasn't perfect, but it worked.  I'm now working adding the last few mods to my Build that were added to the Guide, and I'll create a proper SP.

Edited by Decopauge123

I am using the standalone version in fact from the link you posted so that should be the most up to date version. The mopy folder is placed on the Skyrim Special edition main directory  I have deactivated all the know bad plugins have found so far (Badgemlins is now popping up as bad so deactivated that) and Wrye Bash still refuses to actually create the Bash Patch and just stuck and I have to bring task manager to stop it every time. So until it is fixed and this nonsense is over I am done with Wrye Bash on SE; It is simply not worth the hassle anymore. Mator Smash does basically the same thing as the Bash patch so I will be leaning towards that for this guide.

I have no issue with Wrye Bash on Classic Part from the known main menu bug which we all know about we have sorted.

The only issue I have on WB with SE (using the python version) is that when the bashed patch is done and the stdout/stderr window pops, I can't activate it. If I was doing something else while the bashed patch was building, it seems it crashed but if I context-in to the main WB window and click ok on the log, a few seconds later I'm able to also close the stdout/stderr window.

Reading Mator Smash Quick Start, [WIP] Mator Smash, [WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution and [WIP] Mator Smash, and watching Mator Smash Standalone - Alpha v0.0.7 - Tutorial and Mator Smash : Installation & General Use, allowed me to go from never having seen Mator Smash to creating a Smashed Patch my first attempt.  That was a Quick-and-Dirty SP, in that I didn't follow all recommendations.  I wanted to see what would happen: the game ran and for nearly 20 minutes I explored Skyrim.  It wasn't perfect, but it worked.  I'm now working adding the last few mods to my Build that were added to the Guide, and I'll create a proper SP.

How many plugins did it take from your load?

Edited by godescalcus

Are you using the latest MO2 version from https://discordapp.com/channels/265929299490635777/379225566122999808?

They have made changes in the usvfs files which effect WB.

I can use WB and I not having any problem with BadGemlins.

Edited by BuddyKidd

All 3 main [Majestic Mountains] main files updated from v1.601 to v1.7 this morning at 07:31.

They are a really Dark Grey, and if I didn't like the old ones better, these would, imo be the best rocks out there but, they are still Grey. Glad he kept the old Darkside listed for those who prefer it.  

For me, Skyrim has too much grey in the landscape as it is and so many structures are grey stone.  The old Darkside rocks that are thankfully still listed are the ONE rock mod that did something different and pulled it off blazingly well. 

-Xaxilis was here.
Edited by Xaxilis