Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Have you updated anything or installed/removed other mods during your playthrough?  If you have go to the last save that works (check the save file for the date) and remove/revert anything you have added/deleted or updated and start from there.  You can also try cleaning the saves that cause ctd in Resaver and see if that works.  If not you are going to have to do what I said first. 

Never update or add/delete mods during a playthrough.  If you want to play---DO NOT MOD!

But... I didn't add or deleted or anything. Like randomly while selling stuff the Frostfall SSE Fix corrupted my save and I can't go back.

Also saying don't mod if you want to play is a bit silly, if I want to just screen arch, why is there so many gameplay related mods in the list and additional content?

But... I didn't add or deleted or anything. Like randomly while selling stuff the Frostfall SSE Fix corrupted my save and I can't go back.

Also saying don't mod if you want to play is a bit silly, if I want to just screen arch, why is there so many gameplay related mods in the list and additional content?

Don't know if you are on the Discord, but on it and this forum the crashing while selling has been discussed.  It is LotD that is crashing, you are overloading the script engine with items when you sell too fast.  Slow Down.  Don't mod if you want to play is not silly.  It is a standard rule for "advanced", "large load order modded Skyrim".  Why is there so many gameplay and related mods/additional content?  Because this is an "advanced game play load order built around Legacy of the Dragonborn.  It is a "gameplay" load out.  It is not a heavy graphic texture set up for screen archery but it can be used for that with certain ENBs.

If you want to screen arch, try this: Screen Archery Tool, Modlist 2018 (set up for screen archery but has gameplay elements) or Tuco Guide (offers choices).  There is another one, but it also is based on Legacy of the Dragonborn, it is Skyrim SE: It Just Works all of these have been recently updated and may be more to your liking.

Edited by Kneph13

Fantastic tool!!

So you will avoid requesting the same mod several times ...

If I can I would like to propose some mods which in my opinion are fundamental for a survival game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5787

For fall damage. It is unrealistic to fall from several meters and do nothing ...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28202/?

Even going into the flames and doing nothing is unrealistic...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9143

getting food is too easy. It also loses the sense to buy food from merchants ...

Thank's

hey guys I know I said I was going to leave this until Monday but I did Look at Trello and yes it would be very useful I set up an account and created a Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition suggested Mods https://trello.com/b/V4o4FPSl/lexys-legacy-of-the-dragonborn-special-edition-suggested-mods at the moment it contains a few mods I am personally looking and have installed on my test bench. 

Let me know what you think. Think I sort understand how to use it but that will improve as I start using it more.

Fantastic tool!!

So you will avoid requesting the same mod several times ...

If I can I would like to propose some mods which in my opinion are fundamental for a survival game.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5787

For fall damage. It is unrealistic to fall from several meters and do nothing ...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28202/?

Even going into the flames and doing nothing is unrealistic...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9143

getting food is too easy. It also loses the sense to buy food from merchants ...

Thank's

I have added these to our test list on Trello I will say You Hunger has been mentioned serval times before and my response remains the same I like the mod but is a pain in the ass to conflict resolve, It would be better if it was a zEdit patcher cos all it does is add heap load of disabled flags for food to every Cell and worldspace.

I have added these to our test list on Trello I will say You Hunger has been mentioned serval times before and my response remains the same I like the mod but is a pain in the ass to conflict resolve, It would be better if it was a zEdit patcher cos all it does is add heap load of disabled flags for food to every Cell and worldspace.

Regarding You Hunger, iNeed is already in the guide and can be adjusted in it's MCM to be a reasonable facsimile. There are options to make food scarce (largely replaced with salt), owned (can be purchased from farmers and such during daytime), and to allow spoilage (decreasing benefits and eventual removal).This avoids additional plugin slots and the need to further conflict resolve (there is method to your madness :;): ).

Oh, much love to the Edit patchers, perhaps one day we will have a Dual Sheath Redux facsimile for SSE (keeping an eye on Ecotone, and also hope alive that there will be a second coming of Neovalen).

• +1 1

Hey Lexy, if/when that AI Overhaul mod gets ported to SSE and you remove ICAIO, make sure to add in "When Vampires Attack" and "Run For Your Lives" to make up for that lost functionality from ICAIO.

"When Vampires Attack" and "Run For Your Lives" are now combined into one mod.

How on earth can you know that any save corruption is to do with this specific mod?

Because of the SFW files have caused CTD problems to me before and it occured exactly the same way. It was a very logical assumption because of both the history and the way it occured while I was withdrawing loot to sell from Sophia's storage.

To Lexy and all the awesome contributors working on this: Thanks for this guide! It's been fun putting my modlist together and I've learned so much from the guide and this forum along the way. I'm at the finishing line now - so close! - and I can't get DynDolod to complete. The logs shows this error:

Exception in unit process line 84: FormID [3F018F89] references a master which is not available in file [FD] DynDOLOD.esp

I don't understand this because there is no DynDOLOD.esp active in my order. I searched the guide and didn't find it ever listed there, either. That particular mod only has the primary, cleaned ESMs as masters and there are no errors or conflicts at that FormID position (it's a worldspace line in Phenderix, which I added on at the end) so I'm at a loss as to what that DynDolod error means. Any ideas what causes it and how I can fix it? I did update both DynDolod Standalone and Resources to the latest versions.

Also, I'm a little hazy now as to what should be active when running DynDolod. Should SSE-Terrain-Tamriel be turned off in both panes or just the right? Should the Great Equalizer, Smash Patch, and zPatch all be active in left and right? And should the SSE_Lodgen and TexGen output mods both be active when running DynDolod? Thanks for any help!

Looking for some information regarding one of the files you provide for use, Lexy - specifically the one with 'Higher Difficulty' in it's name (Vanilla_Encounter_Zones_Higher_Difficulty). You mention that the numbers in it can be adjusted - fair enough. What I'm curious about is the effect if it's left out altogether?  I'm not a combat genius in this game. To illustrate, I have been playing at Novice, and I spent more than an hour trying to get by Valtheim Towers because the bandits there were confusing me with dinner. Or something. I'm not sure what their problem was. Point was, I died. A lot.

I'll be the first to say that I pretty much suck in Skyrim combat... which is why I usually shoot from a long way away. That isn't working out too well for me so far in this build. So if, instead of restoring the vanilla values to the data fields in the file I mentioned above, I just drop that file before the Pre Smash patch, will I lose anything in the build aside from the higher difficulty?

Also, on a seperate note - while going by Riverwood today, I saw the "CLARALUX Testing Facility". Uhm... immersion breaker? Is that supposed to be there?

Edited by Shadriss

To Lexy and all the awesome contributors working on this: Thanks for this guide! It's been fun putting my modlist together and I've learned so much from the guide and this forum along the way. I'm at the finishing line now - so close! - and I can't get DynDolod to complete. The logs shows this error:

Exception in unit process line 84: FormID [3F018F89] references a master which is not available in file [FD] DynDOLOD.esp

I don't understand this because there is no DynDOLOD.esp active in my order. I searched the guide and didn't find it ever listed there, either. That particular mod only has the primary, cleaned ESMs as masters and there are no errors or conflicts at that FormID position (it's a worldspace line in Phenderix, which I added on at the end) so I'm at a loss as to what that DynDolod error means. Any ideas what causes it and how I can fix it? I did update both DynDolod Standalone and Resources to the latest versions.

Also, I'm a little hazy now as to what should be active when running DynDolod. Should SSE-Terrain-Tamriel be turned off in both panes or just the right? Should the Great Equalizer, Smash Patch, and zPatch all be active in left and right? And should the SSE_Lodgen and TexGen output mods both be active when running DynDolod? Thanks for any help!

Enable all of those in both panes Except sse-terrain-tamriel. That one only gets enabled during xlodgen. Check in xedit to see if your whole load order is able to be loaded. The error you are getting is due to dyndolod not being able to add a master to itself, not to do with dyndolod being adding to your load order. Dyndolod adds itself to your load order when you hit save&exit at the end.

Edited by mtreis86

Looking for some information regarding one of the files you provide for use, Lexy - specifically the one with 'Higher Difficulty' in it's name (Vanilla_Encounter_Zones_Higher_Difficulty). You mention that the numbers in it can be adjusted - fair enough. What I'm curious about is the effect if it's left out altogether?  I'm not a combat genius in this game. To illustrate, I have been playing at Novice, and I spent more than an hour trying to get by Valtheim Towers because the bandits there were confusing me with dinner. Or something. I'm not sure what their problem was. Point was, I died. A lot.

I'll be the first to say that I pretty much suck in Skyrim combat... which is why I usually shoot from a long way away. That isn't working out too well for me so far in this build. So if, instead of restoring the vanilla values to the data fields in the file I mentioned above, I just drop that file before the Pre Smash patch, will I lose anything in the build aside from the higher difficulty?

Also, on a seperate note - while going by Riverwood today, I saw the "CLARALUX Testing Facility". Uhm... immersion breaker? Is that supposed to be there?

That esp does two things. One is it makes any enemy that will level up as you level up be around 50% stronger than they were. So if an enemy had a level of 20 in the base game while you are at level 10, they get a level 30 with that file turned on. The other it that it lets you individually adjust the encounters that have a minimum level - the enemy will never be below some level. I don't see any encounters in there that aren't set to vanilla. Only difference to vanilla in that file are the leveled actor multipliers.

In wildcat you can enable "let wildcat manage difficulty" and change the settings to whatever you want to adjust your damage and the damage you take if novice is too difficult. I also suggest using some followers.

Edited by mtreis86

That esp does two things. One is it makes any enemy that will level up as you level up be around 50% stronger than they were. So if an enemy had a level of 20 in the base game while you are at level 10, they get a level 30 with that file turned on. The other it that it lets you individually adjust the encounters that have a minimum level - the enemy will never be below some level. I don't see any encounters in there that aren't set to vanilla. Only difference to vanilla in that file are the leveled actor multipliers.

In wildcat you can enable "let wildcat manage difficulty" and change the settings to whatever you want to adjust your damage and the damage you take if novice is too difficult. I also suggest using some followers.

@Shadriss

What @mtsreis86 said; adjust wildcat's damage in the MCM and let it manage that.  Secondly use followers either from Vanilla or Interesting NPCs (3DNPC).  The Redguard barbarian in the Inn at Riverwood is free to pick up and will give you some muscle.  Faendal will go with you if you help him and is an Archer and Archery trainer.  One of my favorite playstyles is to have 3-5 followers and let them do most of the work while I sit back and heal them and use magic or archery from range.

Also, if the guide is too hard for you, I'd recommend playing straight vanilla with only the Landscape, Water, Weather, Lighting, Player, NPC, and Monster textures.  Work on your strategy and identify your playstyle in Vanilla and then come back to this guide.  It is advanced and may be a little much for you.  You also could add skse and the bug fixes and such into the mix but stay away from the difficulty and game mechanic alteration mods.

Edited by Kneph13