Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'm having a strange problem with BG's Trophy Heads.  I know that this is exclusively a problem on my end, because I haven't found mention of this anywhere else (though I could have just missed it somewhere).  But I feel like I've exhausted my options to track down the source of the problem.  

Here's what the items look like in game:

What's really strange is that the item displays normally in my inventory:

The problem is also not related to the Hall of Secrets displays.  The heads in the jars look the same way anywhere outside of my inventory.  All of the heads are effected except for the Burned and the Hag.

I've already uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled both the BadGremlins Collection and the ESP replacer.  This happens on a brand new character. I tested it on it's own (kinda) and just loaded UIExtension, AddItemMenuSE, BGCollection, and Live Another Life.  

I tried checking in xEdit for conflicts but found none.  (But I'm very much a novice in xEdit.)  I've also been searching the nexus/Google/etc for something similar but I haven't found any.  I'm kinda lost as to what could be causing this.  Anyone have ideas?

Finally catching up on the changelog. Since we updated KYE on May 22, it says to rebuild  the KYE merge, but we need to rebuild the Animals merge as well, don't we? (I need to anyway to add Peaceful Mudcrabs, a mod I HIGHLY recommend unless you like continually losing your followers to those things.)

Oh, speaking of followers, I LOVE the feature in AFK where you can draw your weapon and your follower (usually) teleports to you. It's really helpful especially when I decide to mountain goat up or down a mountain. (When I started using Inigo, I LOVED that he had a similar feature. I was always losing followers. Same with Convenient Horses.)

BTW, again speaking of followers, Faendal has his standard bow and steel arrows, but I notice that his quiver glows and he actually shoots the arrows you get with a bound bow. Also, when he starts to attack with the bow, at least outdoors, I often hear a sound that sounds like a loud gunshot. Any idea what that's all about?

I'm having a strange problem with BG's Trophy Heads.  I know that this is exclusively a problem on my end, because I haven't found mention of this anywhere else (though I could have just missed it somewhere).  But I feel like I've exhausted my options to track down the source of the problem.  

Here's what the items look like in game:

What's really strange is that the item displays normally in my inventory:

The problem is also not related to the Hall of Secrets displays.  The heads in the jars look the same way anywhere outside of my inventory.  All of the heads are effected except for the Burned and the Hag.

I've already uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled both the BadGremlins Collection and the ESP replacer.  This happens on a brand new character. I tested it on it's own (kinda) and just loaded UIExtension, AddItemMenuSE, BGCollection, and Live Another Life.  

I tried checking in xEdit for conflicts but found none.  (But I'm very much a novice in xEdit.)  I've also been searching the nexus/Google/etc for something similar but I haven't found any.  I'm kinda lost as to what could be causing this.  Anyone have ideas?

Try using the meshes from the individual mods instead of the merged.esp

And I found the NPC that STILL has that problem after all of that:

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/fakreela.jpg

Google tells me she's from Immersive Patrols. I notice that one has two BSA files. One thing I'm wondering, I also have Jobs of Skyrim installed, and it also generates random NPCs. It's WAY down in my left pane, though LOOT puts it above Immersive Patrols. (Your patch is way down near the bottom. I have the global priority set, but I've never understood how that affects things.) BUT the difference between those two is that Jobs of Skyrim doesn't have BSAs, just loose textures and meshes, Immersive Patrols does. Do you think unpacking those might fix this problem?

FYI, extracting the BSA files didn't fix the problem. But maybe, like the others, they need to be put somewhere else in the load order and the .esp added to the patch? I have no idea, it doesn't look like it's overwriting anything or being overwritten by anything... Same with Jobs of Skyrim, but like I said, I haven't seen the bug happen with that one.

FYI, extracting the BSA files didn't fix the problem. But maybe, like the others, they need to be put somewhere else in the load order and the .esp added to the patch? I have no idea, it doesn't look like it's overwriting anything or being overwritten by anything... Same with Jobs of Skyrim, but like I said, I haven't seen the bug happen with that one.

There is a post on the Immersive Patrols SE mod comment page that discusses this very issue.

Strange. I had extracted the BSA for Immersive Armors (and all the armor mods) to see if that was the problem. For some reason, the IA mod will not install the loose files, so I went into the Mod Organizer folder and installed them manually. Then, went into Helgren Keep, and Haleluya, Rolaf was all there. Then I went into the area of the Companions, and unfortunately, Eorlund was still missing his body. He but, one is an inprovement, and I've played a bunch of hours and haven't seen any other missing meshes.  I also found from Steam that one or more of my Skyrim programs would not verify, so I fixed those. I haven't run DyNalod or the Mash Patch yet, because I wanted everything working before I did those. I wanted the game ready and than I will take my hands off modding it and just play. Could that have something to do with the missing meshes. I didn't see how, but maybe there is something in there that I am missing.

And as far as doing all of these things like placing links differently. Heah, I'm sixty years old. When I was growing up the only computers we had used punch cards to read data. I think I'm a whole lot more knowledgable than most my age, but I don't have the same intuitive grasp as the younger generations. I spend most of my time on the computer writing novels and doing research in the scientific and historical underpinnings of the subjects I write about.

There is a post on the Immersive Patrols SE mod comment page that discusses this very issue.

Oh, thank you! Also *facepalm* I've gotten so used to having that problem because of my being stubborn about the overhauls I want that I didn't even think to check there.

Edit: What it says to do is simply load it and save it in the Creation Kit like we've done for some others, to save people the trouble of looking. However I haven't tried it yet because I've been updating my mods and patches for a few hours now, I'm finally playing, and I'm REALLY not wanting to stop right now. (Heavily modding your game has that horrible side effect that you never end up playing your game... :-p) I'll be sure to not overwrite the save where I was seeing her, though.

Edited by OCDCoder

Strange. I had extracted the BSA for Immersive Armors (and all the armor mods) to see if that was the problem. For some reason, the IA mod will not install the loose files, so I went into the Mod Organizer folder and installed them manually. 

I'll say it for a third time. You need to run the NIF Optimizer program on the IA meshes.

Edited by sirjesto

It looks as though there's a world edit conflict between Skyrim Sewers and The Brotherhood of Old, both place zone entry doors in the same room in Markarth's Warrens, but the Sewer door blocks access to the Markarth Sanctuary door.

It looks as though there's a world edit conflict between Skyrim Sewers and The Brotherhood of Old, both place zone entry doors in the same room in Markarth's Warrens, but the Sewer door blocks access to the Markarth Sanctuary door.

what the formID?

Finally catching up on the changelog. Since we updated KYE on May 22, it says to rebuild  the KYE merge, but we need to rebuild the Animals merge as well, don't we? (I need to anyway to add Peaceful Mudcrabs, a mod I HIGHLY recommend unless you like continually losing your followers to those things.)

The KYE patches weren't updated so the Animals merge didn't need changing.

Do you know how to fix that? Making a patch for moving the entrances about is not that hard but probably there's already a navmesh conflict as well...

I get 38014CD3 for the Sewer door and 38006D40 for the "Obscured Passage" door which leads to the Markarth Sanctuary.

try loading the brotherhood of old after Skyrim sewers?

Do you know how to fix that? Making a patch for moving the entrances about is not that hard but probably there's already a navmesh conflict as well...

hopefully should just be a matter of shifting the door.

If someone wants to do that and give me some updated XYZ Coordinates I can deal with it in the CR.