Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

im at the Pre Smash Patch section of the guide now, but im a little confused. after step 11 it says to run Merge Plugins Stand alone. but are the Deactivated plugins in MO2's Right Pane supposed to be appearing in the Merge Plugins Check list?

EDIT: am i supposed to Pre smash all the mods including the deactivated plugins if not what plugins do i include? because the deactivated plugins are appearing in the merge plugins check list. i think there may be step missing.

Edited by BlackJackal

im at the Pre Smash Patch section of the guide now, but im a little confused. after step 11 it says to run Merge Plugins Stand alone. but are the Deactivated plugins in MO2's Right Pane supposed to be appearing in the Merge Plugins Check list?

EDIT: am i supposed to Pre smash all the mods including the deactivated plugins if not what plugins do i include? because the deactivated plugins are appearing in the merge plugins check list. i think there may be step missing.

EDIT2: so i tried to creat a Pre smash patch in merge plugins standalone by adding all the plugins that were not part of the deactivated selections and the original skyrim.esm, update.esm, dawnguard.esm, hearthfire.esm, and dragonborn.esm.

Out of 185 plugins 180 errors were found. i did not resolve them because im not entirely sure what will happen when i do. especially because the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp was one that was found to have errors.

Yeah that sounds like CK things which are probably really simple but well beyond what I know how to do. I guess we really need a patch from one or other of the mod authors.

yeah, I can move the trap door so it is more easily accessible but we will obviously need a proper patch.

I tried a few ways to deal with this and this was the best way I could come up with.

The Sewer Dwemer door has been changed to a trap door like the BoO one and moved inside the room.

eRbf7ow.png

maB1ZpB.png

Here is the patch.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wf79blkm57o61rp/SS4_TBoO_Patch.rar/file

Edited by sirjesto
  • +1 1

EDIT2: so i tried to creat a Pre smash patch in merge plugins standalone by adding all the plugins that were not part of the deactivated selections and the original skyrim.esm, update.esm, dawnguard.esm, hearthfire.esm, and dragonborn.esm.

Out of 185 plugins 180 errors were found. i did not resolve them because im not entirely sure what will happen when i do. especially because the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp was one that was found to have errors.

185 plugins?  What in gods name are you merging?  It should be only 30-40 at most.  Go back and read the instructions again, carefully.

185 plugins?  What in gods name are you merging?  It should be only 30-40 at most.  Go back and read the instructions again, carefully.

i have been following the guide to the letter. i have no mods outside the guide and all the mods that are listed inside the guide. and have been re-reading it over and over. i do not know what im missing. the 185 is what the background loader of Merge plugins standalone's background loader is saying.

the Pre Smash patch section of the guide does not say what mods to merge. that is why im confused.

Edited by BlackJackal

Okay, have you done all the merges required by the guide up until the pre-smash patch?

yes. im probably missing something thats staring me in the face, i know it.

are the plugins i deactivated in MO2 in the previous steps of the pre smash section, the ones i am pre smashing?

Edited by BlackJackal

i have been following the guide to the letter. i have no mods outside the guide and all the mods that are listed inside the guide. and have been re-reading it over and over. i do not know what im missing. the 185 is what the background loader of Merge plugins standalone's background loader is saying.

the Pre Smash patch section of the guide does not say what mods to merge. that is why im confused.

Assuming you have done all the merges up until the Pre-Smash Patch:

1.  All plugins in MO2's right pane should be checked.

2.  Run Wrye Bash through MO2.

3.  Once Wrye Bash opens, scroll down to the bottom of it's window, right click on the Bashed Patch, and then select re-build patch.

4.  A window will pop up with a bunch of checked mods in it.  Just click OK.

5.  When it is done, close Wrye Bash.

In MO2's right pane you will now have a bunch of mods that have been deactivated:

1.  First open MO2's overwrite folder and delete the Bashed Patch and Docs folder there.  Now start at the top of MO2's right pane and  scroll down, control-clicking any deactived mod you come to.

2.  At the bottom of the right pane with all deactivated mods highlighted, Left-click, hold, and drag all deactivated mods to the bottom of MO2's right pane.

Start Merge Plugins through MO2:

1.  In the window that appears, right-click and choose deselect all.

2.  Scroll down to the bottom.  Now, activate ONLY the mods that were deactivated by Wrye Bash and that you moved to the bottom of MO2's right pane.

3.  Highlight all the mods you just activated.  Right click, a menu opens up click on Masters and activate Masters in that menu.

4.  If the Okay button at the bottom does not become usable, scroll up until you see a mod in red ITALICS (NOT BOLD) and click that.  Do this until all italicized mods are checked.  The OK button should now be usable.

You should know what to do from here.  This is your Pre-Smashed Patch.

Assuming you have done all the merges up until the Pre-Smash Patch:

1.  All plugins in MO2's right pane should be checked.

2.  Run Wrye Bash through MO2.

3.  Once Wrye Bash opens, scroll down to the bottom of it's window, right click on the Bashed Patch, and then select re-build patch.

4.  A window will pop up with a bunch of checked mods in it.  Just click OK.

5.  When it is done, close Wrye Bash.

In MO2's right pane you will now have a bunch of mods that have been deactivated:

1.  First open MO2's overwrite folder and delete the Bashed Patch and Docs folder there.  Now start at the top of MO2's right pane and  scroll down, control-clicking any deactived mod you come to.

2.  At the bottom of the right pane with all deactivated mods highlighted, Left-click, hold, and drag all deactivated mods to the bottom of MO2's right pane.

2.  Scroll down to the bottom.  Now, activate ONLY the mods that were deactivated by Wrye Bash and that you moved to the bottom of MO2's right pane.

3.  Highlight all the mods you just activated.  Right click, a menu opens up click on Masters and activate Masters in that menu.

4.  If the Okay button at the bottom does not become usable, scroll up until you see a mod in red ITALICS (NOT BOLD) and click that.  Do this until all italicized mods are checked.  The OK button should now be usable.

You should know what to do from here.  This is your Pre-Smashed Patch.

AH! OK! thanbk you so much! This section right here is what i was confused about and was not in the guide.  after the pre-smash and actual smash, what do i do with the deactivated plugins and parent mods?

AH! OK! thanbk you so much! This section right here is what i was confused about and was not in the guide.  after the pre-smash and actual smash, what do i do with the deactivated plugins and parent mods?

With the deactivated plugins you can do one of two things:

1.  Leave them deactivated in MO2's right pane.

2.  Go to each deactivated esps parent mod, double click the mod, open the optional esp window and move the esp into the optional section.

After the main SMASH Patch, you will make a mod for it and activate it.  Don't do anything else.

The guide has you do the same thing I described just in a different way.  I layed it out for you in the simplest error free way of getting across to ya.  :)

Edited by Kneph13

I choose an another way and moved the trap door in the entry hall (right of the sewer door) and move the exit.

I finished it at the same time you posted yours, sirjesto :/.

If you want to take a look at it and test it.

https://sync.green-it.pro/index.php/s/wGcAPdM5mCbg85b

MTmrcV8.jpg

wLHb4LA.jpg

It's all good.  I don't use either mod anyways.  ;)

The reason I wanted the room to be accessible is for some reason the BoO mod has a scripted mine activator in there on the wall and I wasn't sure if it was important for that mod or not.

Edited by sirjesto