Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

DarkLadyLexy, thank you for making this guide. I was following the one for Skyrim LE, but got part way through and decided to make the move to SSE instead so was very happy to see there was a LotD guide for the Special Edition.

I know for legendary Skyrim, using ENBoost helped the memory allocation, but on SSE, if I'm not using an ENB, is ENBoost still helpful? Is there still memory allocation or are there other benefits to using it?

DarkLadyLexy, thank you for making this guide. I was following the one for Skyrim LE, but got part way through and decided to make the move to SSE instead so was very happy to see there was a LotD guide for the Special Edition.

I know for legendary Skyrim, using ENBoost helped the memory allocation, but on SSE, if I'm not using an ENB, is ENBoost still helpful? Is there still memory allocation or are there other benefits to using it?

as far as I am aware there is a memory section in the ENBLocal but I not sure if Boris has actually properly implemented it yet I just set VideoMemorySizeMb= same as I did in the LE guide. 

With this LotD Guide, Enairim and Know your Enemy, this is a whole new game.  I am finding myself having to relearn how to play as things I have done in the past no longer apply.  Imperious, Andromeda, Summermyst, Thunderchild and Ordinator and how they all interact is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around.  Not a gripe, just a thought. :)

Edited by Kneph13

With this LotD Guide, Enairim and Know your Enemy, this is a whole new game.  I am finding myself having to relearn how to play as things I have done in the past no longer apply.  Imperious, Andromeda, Summermyst, Thunderchild and Ordinator and how they all interact is something I'm still trying to wrap my head around.  Not a gripe, just a thought. :)

Know your enemy is optional if you don't like it you don't have to use it. similar with Morrowloot.

Anyone have any idea what might cause crazily flickering sky lighting? Just started for me recently and seems to be happening whenever I can see the sky, even inside caves if they have ceiling holes. I've tried disabling ENB, so I know it's not that. 

Ahh! I see what's happened. Somehow my timescale setting has gotten set to -15! No idea how that happened but it looks like it happened on travelling from Falskaar back to Skyrim. Quick set timescale and everything is fine.

Edited by Kal

Know your enemy is optional if you don't like it you don't have to use it. similar with Morrowloot.

Actually I like it, no more running around with one weapon destroying everything.  It's just an entirely new game and adds a renewed freshness to it.

• +1 1

Oblivion Artifact Pact adds 4 skill books to the COW Arcanaeum. Due to the location changes made by Immersive College of Winterhold, those books can't be retrieved - they're stuck inside the furniture or dropped under the floor.

I don't use the full guide and can't tell if this has been already adressed by the CR patches. If not, you might want to move the books to save places (like on top of the 2 small bookshelves added by LotD).

Go down to the KYE Patches Merged section of the merge page. There you will create a folder name KYE Patches and put 8 files in it. Two of those files are kye_skytest_patch.esp and kye_sic_patch.esp. When you create the KYE Patches Merged patch, those files will NOT be in it.

i think you misunderstand. i dont know where do download those files. i dont have them to make the merge patches and i dont know where to download them.

EDIT: So after a nights sleep to let my brain cool down from working on this for hours. i found out that the kye_Skytest_Patch.esp and the kye_sic_Patch.esp are found in the Know your enemy mod.

that might want to be added somewhere.

Edited by BlackJackal

i think you misunderstand. i dont know where do download those files. i dont have them to make the merge patches and i dont know where to download them.

The files are included when you install Know Your Enemy and it's assorted other patches in accordance with guide instructions in the Combat and Traps section.

Edited by Kneph13

Actually I like it, no more running around with one weapon destroying everything.  It's just an entirely new game and adds a renewed freshness to it.

I agree! Its a lot of fun, and its not as hard as I expected it will be. 

@Blackjackal I replied to you just after you posted : "They are in the main archive of the Know your Enemy mod."

Edited by dreamer1986

ok, so i am loading the files to be merged for the KYE Patches Merge, but kye_skytes_Patch.esp requires the SkyTEST - RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp to be active. however under the special instructions for SkyTest it says specifically not to install that esp. what do i do?

Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
  • SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.txt

Even if i activate it just for the merging and deactivate it afterwards its still a dependency for that .esp.

Edited by BlackJackal

ok, so i am loading the files to be merged for the KYE Patches Merge, but kye_skytes_Patch.esp requires the SkyTEST - RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp to be active. however under the special instructions for SkyTest it says specifically not to install that esp. what do i do?

Even if i activate it just for the merging and deactivate it afterwards its still a dependency for that .esp.

Because the one you need is in SkyTEST Integration Project SE

This question has already been ask SO MANY TIMES here (You could have used the search function....). The SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp is included in the Skytest Integration Mod. DarkLadyLexy, you should add a comment about this in the installation guide. Otherwise this question will be ask another xxx times