Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Sorry, I am unable to Support VR since I don't have any VR stuff.

I am sorry, you misunderstood my question.  I have Skyrim, SkyrimSE, and SkyrimVR.  I am NOT currently modding SkyrimVR.  I am following your tools install guide as having haven't been modding Skyrim in sometime and most tools I used were for Skyrim and probably out-of-date for SkyrimSE.  I am not new to modding and used to follow Neovalen's SR:LE guide. I am not expecting you to support anything to do with SkyrimVR.  However, I cannot seem to get the Champollion a PEX to Papyrus decompiler to install properly following your guide for installing tools.  What is new is that I just upgraded to Windows 10 and to make sure the decompiler is working correctly tried to start it from the SkyrimSE directory.  A window pops up and quits.  I suspect that it is either not suppose to run on its own and needs Creation Kit or it is missing some other application that needs to be installed.

I am sorry, you misunderstood my question.  I have Skyrim, SkyrimSE, and SkyrimVR.  I am NOT currently modding SkyrimVR.  I am following your tools install guide as having haven't been modding Skyrim in sometime and most tools I used were for Skyrim and probably out-of-date for SkyrimSE.  I am not new to modding and used to follow Neovalen's SR:LE guide. I am not expecting you to support anything to do with SkyrimVR.  However, I cannot seem to get the Champollion a PEX to Papyrus decompiler to install properly following your guide for installing tools.  What is new is that I just upgraded to Windows 10 and to make sure the decompiler is working correctly tried to start it from the SkyrimSE directory.  A window pops up and quits.  I suspect that it is either not suppose to run on its own and needs Creation Kit or it is missing some other application that needs to be installed.

Personally, I have Champollion installed in a folder on my desktop and if I need to decompile a script, I just drag it on top of the champ .exe and it does it.

Just a few observations on my playtesting:

• New Jewels for Circlets
    textures are causing CTD. I am sure I did install Gemling Queen Jewelry SE properly and the mod order is correct. Specifically observed on the Copper and Onyx Circlet (000166FF).

• SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators
    The instructions say:
    Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):
    SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
    SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.txt

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp should be installed as it is a requirement for Animals merge and another merged patch. I assume it was meant to only remove the .txt

SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators
  • The instructions say:

Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
    SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.txt

SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp should be installed as it is a requirement for Animals merge and another merged patch. I assume it was meant to only remove the .txt

the next User to mention this bloody thing again will be Shot for the 15th thousand bloody time  SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp is taken care of by SkyTEST Integration Project SE

sorry to sound bitchy but this is the third time today I have said this. Think I need big bold writing so blind people could see it.

Just a few observations on my playtesting:

• New Jewels for Circlets

textures are causing CTD. I am sure I did install Gemling Queen Jewelry SE properly and the mod order is correct. Specifically observed on the Copper and Onyx Circlet (000166FF).

Did you install the right version of the mod?  The guide asks for the "NewStonesNormalandGreyscale" file, not the "New Stones for Circlets" file.

That being said, I scanned the textures of both versions and there are no issues with them.

Edited by sirjesto

Ahhh so many posts to catch up on. I had to go to LI for a wedding instead of modding Skyrim on my 3 day weekend ::(: I had everything pretty much ready to go but with AOS updating there's a bunch of things I have to redo.... again........

I hope it's ok, I wanted to post some of the mods I've added here that I think go really well with the build. First some small simple things:

The Joy of Perspective: This allows you to look down and see your own body. (I didn't install the custom animations, although I may try them later.) You'll need to reinstall the XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended using the instructions in the guide, but adding support for this.

Pick up books simple SE-VR: Note, despite the name, it's not just for VR. Lets you pick up books without reading them. That way you can read them later and get the skill points from The Eloquent Reader (Coolest mod ever! Now if you could only get speech xp for completing quests...) without just having glanced at the first page.

College Spellbooks: Makes all of the spellbooks (except master ones) available from the start of the game. I just added this because it bugged me last time I played that I had Conjuration up past 50 and still couldn't find anyone to sell me a Storm Atronach spell.

Jaxonz Positioner and some script fixes: Lets you move things using the keyboard rather than Skyrim's wonky physics engines. Also lets you copy or pick up things into your inventory so you can take them to your home/cave/campsite to decorate. (Although that's really a cheat, I just haven't tracked down the mod that lets you construct furniture yet.) Or delete things, like dead bodies, furniture, weird mod conflicts like the overlapping paintings I have in the Bannered Mare... Just be careful assigning hotkeys, I accidentally hit Faendal and stuck him in my pack... Oh, you can also use it to duplicate quest items to put in the Dragonborn Gallery. (I haven't tried the part of it that lets you recreate such items in a long time, so I don't know how well it works now.)

EDIT: I'm seeing some people recommend Placeable Statics over this one. I haven't tried that one, but it sounds like another, possibly better option I may test, especially since it mentions crafting!

Jaxonz Renamer: Does what it says. Rather than "Search Chest" you can now "Search Items to Sell" or whatever is appropriate. Careful renaming followers, I renamed a wolf follower once and when I'd dismiss him, I couldn't interact with him again. But if you look around the pages or in the forum (you may have to look in the one for SLE) there are instructions on renaming followers without breaking them. But it has an undo feature in case you do break anything.

Simple Actions: Lets you sit, sleep, or meditate anywhere you like. I fell in love with this mod when I was playing a character who was REALLY into her Dragonborn training with the Greybeards.

Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn SSE: If you're into RP, this one is a MUST. Write down your character's experiences and thoughts. Really make them come alive! Also lets you export to a text file in case you happen to have a blog for your character, or just want a backup. (Also exports to XML.) That export feature was really nice a few times way back when a couple of my saves got corrupted and I had to revert to an old one. I was able to re-import the entries so I didn't lose what had been written. (I back up after every entry, just in case.)

Now the ones you have to work for:

Racemenu: An extensive addition to the character creation menu. Thanks to @Kneph13 for pointing me to this link, and to @Lauren for the link to this video, because the one I found on that first link was horribly confusing (to me) and I couldn't get it working.

Campfire, Frostfall, and Wearable Lanterns: I've always considered these vital. As is, they work in SE, but only via powers, not by menus. Thank you to @redirishlord for showing me this page on how to get them working in the MCM. First, I uninstalled them following the instructions on Chesko's website and then reinstalled them after that, following the MCM instructions before reloading the game.. (This only mentions Frostfall, but I uninstalled all three at once using this method.) I did this because of the warnings about problems using this on an existing character. You'll need to reinstall YOT to add support for Frostfall and Wearable Lanterns. Disclaimer, I haven't been playing with these for too long but so far it seems stable.

Finally, OSA - Skyrim Ascendancy Engine and the mod from which it originally came are both available on the Nexus for SE, although having adult-oriented features, I'm not going to link them. But OSA has added some pretty cool support for other types of animations and the ability to see characteristics of your character and NPCs, like weight, height, and other attributes. Also, there's a setting to turn off all of the adult-oriented features. If you do install these, BE SURE to watch the video on the OSA page because it's a bit tricky to install, and the menu system has changed yet again and is, well less tricky to use than previously, though that's not saying a lot.

Sorry for the long post, but I feel like there are all either ones that a lot of people use (except maybe OSA, but as an animation engine, I am hoping people start making a lot more OTHER TYPES of mods for it), or that would fit in really well with this guide, since there's so much focus on immersion.

Edited by OCDCoder
  • +1 1

the next User to mention this bloody thing again will be Shot for the 15th thousand bloody time  SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp is taken care of by SkyTEST Integration Project SE

sorry to sound bitchy but this is the third time today I have said this. Think I need big bold writing so blind people could see it.

i can understand. I usually search issues in forums but the step plattform annoys me to death with its flood control. Sry.

Did you install the right version of the mod?  The guide asks for the "NewStonesNormalandGreyscale" file, not the "New Stones for Circlets" file.

That being said, I scanned the textures of both versions and there are no issues with them.

I had the correct installed but a redownload fixed the issue. Guess my archive was corrupted. Thanks for checking!

Open xedit and see if they are being overwritten.

I have been playing around with xedit for almost a week. I can find multiple types of armor it might be, based just on the name. Also, looking at Eorlund online and see that he is wearing a different type of armor than Rolaf.  Have also spent hours going through the conflict records in Mod Organizer 2, and doing some research in Creation Kit, and so far nothing. Earlier today I installed another mod at the end of my order that is supposed to replace all vanilla armors, hoping something from it would work, and again nothing. It only replaces textures though, so is it a mesh that is missing. I thought that you got a purple thing in the game if that happened. I might just go into Creation Kit, find those characters, and give them both another kind of armor, as a last resort. I had been wanting to do Morrowing or Fallout NV, but Skyrim was the only 64 bit game in the series that would take advantage of my system. Maybe I should just go back to those.

I have been playing around with xedit for almost a week. I can find multiple types of armor it might be, based just on the name. Also, looking at Eorlund online and see that he is wearing a different type of armor than Rolaf.  Have also spent hours going through the conflict records in Mod Organizer 2, and doing some research in Creation Kit, and so far nothing. Earlier today I installed another mod at the end of my order that is supposed to replace all vanilla armors, hoping something from it would work, and again nothing. It only replaces textures though, so is it a mesh that is missing. I thought that you got a purple thing in the game if that happened. I might just go into Creation Kit, find those characters, and give them both another kind of armor, as a last resort. I had been wanting to do Morrowing or Fallout NV, but Skyrim was the only 64 bit game in the series that would take advantage of my system. Maybe I should just go back to those.

Yeah It's probably a missing mesh. Missing textures show purple.  What is in Weapons Armours Merged.esp?

A missing mesh (or more likely a record looking for a mesh in the wrong place) is the issue. xEdit may not find this simply looking for conflicts.

Can you post a picture of your whole load order loaded in xEdit with one of those NPC's records open?  I'd like to see all the mods editing them.

Edited by sirjesto

Yeah It's probably a missing mesh. Missing textures show purple.  What is in Weapons Armours Merged.esp?

A missing mesh (or more likely a record looking for a mesh in the wrong place) is the issue. xEdit may not find this simply looking for conflicts.

Can you post a picture of your whole load order loaded in xEdit with one of those NPC's records open?  I'd like to see all the mods editing them.

Will get you the load order tomorrow. Weapons Armor Merged contains (escuse my spelling since I can't have the mouse tip over the mod and type here at the same time.) Seri-Aehterial Crowns, Sparkles SE, Faction Crossbows, Blacksacrament Armor, Lustmordvampire armor, Rogues Armor, and El-wayfarersCoatSSE. These were the mods specified for merging in that catagory under Lexy's directions. Also, corret me if I'm wrong. I was watching a video from Gopher, and he was changing graphics and popping back into the game to see the changes. So if I correct this, it should show up in the savegame, right?

the weapons and armour merge doesn't have anything that would effect those NPCs. Could be Immersive Armours cos I belive that does change Ralof armour via a script.

do what SirJ says post a picture of your whole load order loaded in xEdit with one of those NPC's records open.