Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I updated some mods and re-genereted DymDOLOD (normal trees). There are now two big LOD trees standing at the Museum entrance (left side facing the door before you go up the stairs). Disabling DynDOLOD makes them go away and the place where they appeared is clear now. Anyone having an idea how can I get rid of them?

OK, with a little help from sheson I could fix this.

This might be of interest for anyone using LotD and DynDOLOD, so I quote from Sheson's answer:

For Legcay there are already rules included in DynDOLOD and the mod itself. If you are using the new 4.x version which uses an ESM instead of an ESP, copy the rules files in DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\rules\ from old "esp" to new "esm" name convention like:

DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornesp_high.ini --> DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornesm_high.ini

DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornesp_low.ini --> DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornesm_low.ini

DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornesp_medium.ini --> DynDOLOD_SSE_legacyofthedragonbornesm_medium.ini

Open the new *esm* ini files in a text editor and replace all legacyofthedragonborn.esp; with legacyofthedragonborn.esm;

Make sure the new rules are loaded when clicking Low, Medium, High by checking the log for "Loaded x mesh rules for Legcay ..."

I updated some mods and re-genereted DymDOLOD (normal trees). There are now two big LOD trees standing at the Museum entrance (left side facing the door before you go up the stairs). Disabling DynDOLOD makes them go away and the place where they appeared is clear now. Anyone having an idea how can I get rid of them?

I had a funky tree where you are talking about that I could not select and disable.  Someone here or on Reddit said the only way they could get rid of it was to free camera (or tcl) above the offending entity and look down on top of it.  Then they were able to select the tree by putting the cursor over the tip of the tree.  Haven't tried it yet but I"m plan to give it a shot.  Check and see if it works for you.  Can't hurt anything.

Edited by Kneph13

I had a funky tree where you are talking about that I could not select and disable.  Someone here or on Reddit said the only way they could get rid of it was to free camera (or tcl) above the offending entity and look down on top of it.  Then they were able to select the tree by putting the cursor over the tip of the tree.  Haven't tried it yet but I"m plan to give it a shot.  Check and see if it works for you.  Can't hurt anything.

Just check my post right above yours.

Dumb question but why we doing that pre smash merge? Didn't those get absorbed into the plugin merge of bashpatch?

Check through the new instructions for Wrye Bash - we don't do the plugin merge of the bashed patch any more.

Check through the new instructions for Wrye Bash - we don't do the plugin merge of the bashed patch any more.

/facepalm

I missed that key detail.

I'm already started a game using 2 revisions ago data, but keeping up with the guide for various reasons, I'm kinda still in live testing so restarts with tweeked things isn't out of question

I don't understand why some mod authors hide their old mod versions before updating  ::(:  . I can't finish the install without the Audio Overhaul Morrowloot Patch and the Undeath Ordinator patch  :crying:  . Well, I guess we should be happy that the mod authors are active and improving their mods at least  ::D: .

I don't understand why some mod authors hide their old mod versions before updating  ::(:  . I can't finish the install without the Audio Overhaul Morrowloot Patch and the Undeath Ordinator patch  :crying:  . Well, I guess we should be happy that the mod authors are active and improving their mods at least  ::D: .

just skip over them for now

So, does anyone know of any ENB alternatives (tbh if you just have an answer to that would be helpful...) thaaat would work with what's in the guide? I know Oldrim had all kinds of wacky graphics enhancers, I never used any of them though since ENB always worked well.

Pretty sure if you're not using all the NPC retextures then you'd need to keep the .esp for each one you do use. But bear in mind that the mods you choose may conflict with one another, so might have to experiment with load order a bit to get the look you want for all NPCs. The combined .esp has removed conflicts and chosen a single look for each NPC from those available.

Also in my experience, if you only use some of the NPC retexture mods and esp and ignore the NPC retexture merge, do not let these esp merge into the bashed patch. It can result in aforementionned conflicts and bugged characters with dark faces.

just skip over them for now

Yes, I did, and almost reached the end of the guide and all I have left to do is the MLU Patches Merged. The only optional mod from the guide I skipped is Scarcity because I love tons of loot  :drool: . I guess I will try to play some Might and Magic 7 until Audio Overhaul and Undeath get updated  :lol:

Open SSEEdit and load only Dawnguard.esm

Once loaded Left click and open CELL > Block 5 > Sub-Block 3 > select 00016BCF. Scroll down the view window on the right to find XEZN subrecord referring to RiftenRatwayZone [ECZN:0009FBB9]. Right click and select Remove.

Next Left click and open CELL > Block 2 > Sub-Block 1 > select 0001FA4C. Right click and select Remove.

Last Left click and open CELL > Block 8 > Sub-Block 1. Right click and select Remove.

Click the [X] in the upper right hand corner, uncheck "Backup plugins", and click [OK].

I am very much a latecomer to this party but, I'm so glad that I found it.  I have reached the cleaning of the expansions portion of the guide and I am unable to figure out what the above portion of the instructions refers to.  I load Dawnguard.esm in SSEdit and I am unable to figure out where I can open the referenced cells.  I have tried left clicking in all of the various portions of the editing screens and I still can't figure out this part of the instructions.  

I realize that I am not an experienced modder but, I am eager and willing to learn how this process works.  Any help navigating this will be appreciated.  

You described exactly what to do, try it again, it takes a while to get familiarized with the tools, but the learning curve isn't too steep.

Watch a couple of tutorials, TES5Edit and xEdit tutorials are just as good for tutorials and they've been around much longer, basically the same as SSEEdit.

[ECZN:0001FA4C] ECZN stands for EncounterZone and the number next to it is the FormID of the record, the two first numbers e.g. 00 represents the place in the load order in this case it means the FormID belongs to Skyrim.esm but it is present in Dawnguard.esm also, the base record is present in both plugins, had it been exclusive to Dawnguard it would have started with 03 if it's third in your load order. Type in the FormID in the search field, top most left field, and it should take you directly to the record mentioned, open the brackets in that record to get to the subrecords, just as you would in regedit or explorer tree. Hope it helps