Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

DarkladyLexy, is the last step of the new Wrye Bash instaructions correct?

Start Mod Organizer 2.
Select Wrye Bash in the executable selection box and click [Run]. The Wrye Bash main interface should appear.
Scroll down the mod list and right-click Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select "Rebuild Patch".
A popup asking to deactivate mods prior to patching may appear. If a mod is marked "NoMerge", simply uncheck the box next to it then click [Ok]. This will deactivate the mod files not marked "NoMerge" and they will be merged into the bashed patch.
Now you can exit Wrye Bash.
Navigate to the Skyrim SE DATA Folder and remove Bashed Patch, 0.esp.
Next move all the unchecked esps to the bottom of the load order making sure to maintain the proper load order.

That seems like a LOT of moving mods to the bottom of the load order that will be easy to get wrong every time we want to run the tools on the Finishing Line page.

Edited by Decopauge123

DarkladyLexy,  Is the last step of the new Wrye Bash instructions correct?

Start Mod Organizer 2.Select Wrye Bash in the executable selection box and click [Run]. The Wrye Bash main interface should appear.Scroll down the mod list and right-click Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select "Rebuild Patch".A popup asking to deactivate mods prior to patching may appear. If a mod is marked "NoMerge", simply uncheck the box next to it then click [Ok]. This will deactivate the mod files not marked "NoMerge" and they will be merged into the bashed patch.Now you can exit Wrye Bash.Navigate to the Skyrim SE DATA Folder and remove Bashed Patch, 0.esp.Next move all the unchecked esps to the bottom of the load order making sure to maintain the proper load order.

As I understand it Decopauge123, yes they are correct.  She is making a separate patch for the Wrye Bash Tweaks (so those will no longer be needed from Wrye) and she is using Wrye's merge function to deactivate the esp files in the right pane.  Then delete the Bashed Patch, highlight the newly deactivated mods and drag them in proper order to the bottom of the load order.  

The next step will be to create a Pre-Smash Patch using Merge Plugins (for the files Wrye would have merged), running zEdit and then creating the Smash Patch.  I guess we will be using Smash's leveled lists instead of Wrye's.

As I understand it Decopauge123, yes they are correct.  She is making a separate patch for the Wrye Bash Tweaks (so those will no longer be needed from Wrye) and she is using Wrye's merge function to deactivate the esp files in the right pane.  Then delete the Bashed Patch, highlight the newly deactivated mods and drag them in proper order to the bottom of the load order.  

The next step will be to create a Pre-Smash Patch using Merge Plugins (for the files Wrye would have merged), running zEdit and then creating the Smash Patch.  I guess we will be using Smash's leveled lists instead of Wrye's.

Thank you for your response, Kneph13.

You see nothing wrong with moving all those unchecked mods to the bottom of the load order every time we want to run the tools on the Finishing Line page?  And how are we expected to move these mods and run the tools each successive time?  I don't see how it will work.

for testing I load up after each section first I run LOOT then I load the esps into the xEdit if xEdit crashes you know you have an issue. If it doesn't O load the game I make sure I install Alternate Start earlier then I say in the guide that I have to bother with Helgen. *snip*

I ok even seasoned modders are confused by my instructions sometimes it cos I do some unorthodox things. Plus I am not always the best at explaining what is going on in my mad brain sometimes ::P:

Yeah, I figured Alternate Start was the way to go. Although right now since I'm following the prereqs, I've only run it with SKSE and so far, that worked. (I wasn't even getting the opening screen before, even with just the vanilla ESMs.) So thank you for that! (And I assume you just disable esps that are patches for things that aren't installed yet?) It might be good to add instructions for testing, if I didn't mention that before.

I was thinking on the merges, since as I believe you said earlier, LOOT isn't going to run after a certain point in this guide. I might be mistaken, but I think some of the merges contain files in multiple sections. It would be helpful at the end of each section, if appropriate, you had something like, "You can create the [whatever] merge now."

One more tiny thing: In the "Post BethINI Tweaks" section, you have "Right-click Skyrim Script Extender in the Mod Organizer mod list." Previously, you'd said to name the mod "SKSE Scripts." I ended up skimming back over the whole thing to make sure I hadn't missed something, because there's a LOT in this prereq section I don't remember doing.

BTW, I'm a programmer (too?) and trying to track bugs and questions in a forum with 290+ pages and growing obscenely fast would drive me insane. Might I suggest a Google doc or similar where people can report bugs, updates, and suggestions in different sections (and make sure they haven't already been reported) and then you could cross them off or comment the famous, "It's not a bug, it's a feature." :;): I feel bad sticking little tiny things in the middle of posts about other subjects, but I also don't want to add an entire post for little things like this. Or other things like all of the different mods in my list that are showing updates just since yesterday. You never know, there could be a reason you don't want us updating a given mod. (And actually my first "real job" was as a tech writer/editor, so even though that was *mumble* years ago, I still look at instructions and my mind goes to ways they could be made clearer.)

I hope you don't think I'm wanting to create more work for you, seriously, I can't say enough how amazing this guide is and wonder how you possibly have time to do anything else. It's just things that come to mind that I feel would either help people going through it be less confused or help you in the long run by making things easier (which goes along with helping people be less confused, really) and having a to-list of things you may miss in the forum.

You see nothing wrong with moving all those unchecked mods to the bottom of the load order every time we want to run the tools on the Finishing Line page?  And how are we expected to move these mods and run the tools each successive time?  I don't see how it will work.

It is a pain, but you have to do this to create the merge as the Merge Plugins tool requires that all the esp's it is merging are contiguous and at the bottom of your load order.

There is a quick way - click on the "Mod Index" column title at the top, because disabled plugins have no index number, this will put them all together so it's easy for you to select them all. Then before you move anything, click on the "Priority" column title so the list is ordered correctly. You can then drag any one of the selected esps to the end of the list and they will all move together. Just drag the entire block to the bottom of your list.

I also need help clarifying the new Smash / xLODGen.

After we've created / activated the new Pre Smash Patch Merged esp and run Smash, do we leave the Pre Smash merge activated? (Along with activating the Smash Patch output.)

Also, we might need an Idiot Check or a Notice on the Mators Smash section to not have SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm activated prior to running.  I activated the esm and started with LOOT instructions on the Finishing Line Page (having caught up on the rest of this update), finished building the LODGen and deactivated the esm only to have my Smash output flag a missing master.

Edited by zvansom

Well, I just looked at it as another Miscellaneous Merge (that one is a pain too).  I use the merge list from merge plugins to make sure I get them all.  Yes it will be tedious and time consuming.  A deterrent to updating mid-game for sure.   Once you do it the first time, subsequent reruns will be easier as you will just have to activate the mods in the left pane as we do for the Miscellaneous Merge or move all those esps into one big mod like we have for some other files, before doing so to make it easier.

We've been accustomed to one way of doing things for so long and now we have a switch to SMASH which is reportedly/allegedly a better system.  Is there a better way of doing it?  Perhaps there is, obviously this was the best way for Lexy to implement SMASH at this point in time.  I am sure changes will come.

Edited by Kneph13

The Great Equalizer - MLU Version is just downloading a text file. Is that correct?

No.  That zip file should contain a The Great Equalizer Folder and a .pas file, and in the Great Equalizer folder there is another folder (forget the name) and two more .pas files.  If you have installed the non-MLU version previously remove it.  I renamed it The Great Equalizer non-MLU and moved it into the main SSE Edit directory so I could switch them out if needed at a later date.

Edited by Kneph13

No.  That zip file should contain a The Great Equalizer Folder and a .pas file, and in the Great Equalizer folder there is another folder (forget the name) and two more .pas files.

I was just responding this.  LosGrak, make sure you download it manually and not through MO2.

I don't know how Nexus handles User files but since you have to install that script manually, is there a way to disable the "download with mod manager" option?

Could prevent this in the future.

I'm actually having an issue with several files downloading as txt files instead of zip. The Great Equalizer - MLU Version, hishy kahjiit ears, and Combat Tweaks AI Fix. I'm downloading all files manually, as I have always done.

post-11682-0-50786700-1526424940_thumb.png