Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Since we're using the UNP Blessed Body SE (well, I'm not using the Blessed version), for WICO - Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul, should we download the UNP version?

Also, any advice on any other NPC retextures? It looks like the spreadsheet is out of date. I don't see Inhabitants of Skyrim listed on here. I want the NPCs to look like themselves, just nicer. NOT nicer in that way that everyone in the game looks like an 18-year-old model. Just graphically nicer.

I assume that for the Retexture Merge, we just download it and delete all the ones we aren't using? (Wow, there are A LOT of patches on that page!)

Edited by OCDCoder

Sorry, I hate to make a second post, but it won't let me edit that one. So that Retexture Merge patch only contains one esp, so it doesn't seem like it would work unless we installed all of the optional overhauls. But I couldn't find one for just the WICO one. Or do we only need that merged patch if we do install all of them?

The esp files are said to be included in the pack, but the installation instructions for WICO said to delete all of the esp files. So if we're not using that patch, do we need them?

Pretty sure if you're not using all the NPC retextures then you'd need to keep the .esp for each one you do use. But bear in mind that the mods you choose may conflict with one another, so might have to experiment with load order a bit to get the look you want for all NPCs. The combined .esp has removed conflicts and chosen a single look for each NPC from those available.

It is a pain, but you have to do this to create the merge as the Merge Plugins tool requires that all the esp's it is merging are contiguous and at the bottom of your load order.

There is a quick way - click on the "Mod Index" column title at the top, because disabled plugins have no index number, this will put them all together so it's easy for you to select them all. Then before you move anything, click on the "Priority" column title so the list is ordered correctly. You can then drag any one of the selected esps to the end of the list and they will all move together. Just drag the entire block to the bottom of your list.

this is actually the way I do for that merge I will add that.

I also need help clarifying the new Smash / xLODGen.

After we've created / activated the new Pre Smash Patch Merged esp and run Smash, do we leave the Pre Smash merge activated? (Along with activating the Smash Patch output.)

Also, we might need an Idiot Check or a Notice on the Mators Smash section to not have SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm activated prior to running.  I activated the esm and started with LOOT instructions on the Finishing Line Page (having caught up on the rest of this update), finished building the LODGen and deactivated the esm only to have my Smash output flag a missing master.

yeah, I can add an idiot check.

By the way, you can set a -IKnowWhatImDoing argument in MO2 for SSEEdit if you're tired of that warning every time you need to clean a mod. (Great name for an argument. LOL)

I know that but actually like see that just in case I make a mistake and can cancel it.

Lexy, maybe think about adding a notice after the xLODGen section to move A Quality World Map and Better Falskaar Map below the LODGen output in the left pane.

By the time someone has gotten to the finishing line section, they'll likely have forgotten about the note to move it.

I can do that too.

Since we're using the UNP Blessed Body SE (well, I'm not using the Blessed version), for WICO - Windsong Immersive Character Overhaul, should we download the UNP version?

Also, any advice on any other NPC retextures? It looks like the spreadsheet is out of date. I don't see Inhabitants of Skyrim listed on here. I want the NPCs to look like themselves, just nicer. NOT nicer in that way that everyone in the game looks like an 18-year-old model. Just graphically nicer.

I assume that for the Retexture Merge, we just download it and delete all the ones we aren't using? (Wow, there are A LOT of patches on that page!)

The nude body Is based on the UNP.

Sorry, I hate to make a second post, but it won't let me edit that one. So that Retexture Merge patch only contains one esp, so it doesn't seem like it would work unless we installed all of the optional overhauls. But I couldn't find one for just the WICO one. Or do we only need that merged patch if we do install all of them?

The esp files are said to be included in the pack, but the installation instructions for WICO said to delete all of the esp files. So if we're not using that patch, do we need them?

All required esp's from the NPC Retexture have been merged into a single esp and conflict resolved by me and provided on my Nexus Page. If you decide not to use ALL the NPC retextures you will need to create your own merge and deal with any conflicts yourself.

I am so very glad that you have taken the time to help users with this.  The sheer time and energy that you have invested in helping those less familiar with these tools is amazing!

I am having some trouble with finding some of the core files to download.  It looks like you updated the "Lexys LOTD Special Edition Patches" yesterday and have changed the name of the necessary file for the tool "The great equalizer - patching script".  I am just uncertain which of the very many files on that particular page on Nexus is the required file.  There is a mention of MLU on a smaller file labeled "MLU - NPC Retexture conflict resolution".  So, I installed both that file and the main file at the top labeled "Lexys LoTD SE - conflict resolution" as this file has the "necessary file" label. 

I am also having a problem finding the "C++ visual studio x86" on the Microsoft site.  It seems that Microsoft has reorganized their downloadable files on their site and made it harder to find this file. 

Just working thru the pre Smash Patch section, I have moved the mods that Wrye Bash deactivated, have setup the Pre Smash Patch in Merge Plugins, so do I then select all the deactivated mods that were moved down to the bottom and then create the merge.   

Just working thru the pre Smash Patch section, I have moved the mods that Wrye Bash deactivated, have setup the Pre Smash Patch in Merge Plugins, so do I then select all the deactivated mods that were moved down to the bottom and then create the merge.   

That's correct, the pre-smash merge merges all the esp's that Bash deactivated.

@Darkladylexy, is it worth removing the pair of "disable the bashed patch"/"you can now re-enable the bashed patch" notices from the DynDOLOD instructions?

That's correct, the pre-smash merge merges all the esp's that Bash deactivated.

@Darkladylexy, is it worth removing the pair of "disable the bashed patch"/"you can now re-enable the bashed patch" notices from the DynDOLOD instructions?

done.

Just a heads up. You don't have to set an output for xLODGen. It'll slap everything into the overwrite folder. Then right click and create as new Mod

After that why are you deselecting 'Batch Copy Assets' in the settings of Merge Plugins?

Ah, I didn't know that I followed Shesons Instructions.

The reason I don't copy general assets for the Pre SMASH Merge is so to maintain proper overwrites of textures and meshes. The Pre SMASH Merge is effective the same at the Trees and flora Merge Only a slightly different way of getting there.

Hey Guys Guide updated tweaked some merges updated so mods tweaked the finishing line section so check the changelog and realize the addition of xLODGen and SMASH has cause confusing but once you have all done it a few times it will become easier promise I have to do create the Pre SMASH Merge and SMASH Patcha few times too.

This actually appears to be an issue with Edge in the version 1803 of Windows 10. I did not have the problem in version 1709. I have reported it to Microsoft.

Yes, since the W10 Spring Update, Mod Organizer is unable to download as Mod Manager from the Nexus, it fails.  I have to download manually also.  I am using Firefox.

Just wanting to add my windows hate to yours, yesterday I rolled back to build 1709 because my fans went crazy after the update, my core temperature reached 92ºC (and the OS didn't even shut down to prevent damage). I shut down, waited (BIOS wouldn't even allow the OS to load due to excess heat), rebooted after 1h and the overheating happened within seconds. I considered replacing my cooling system, but decided to rollback instead - sure enough, though the PC had to endure the pain of excess heat for a few minutes, there is no more overheating with 1709. Fans went quiet for a day now, even playing SSE, which is what they've always been. I had to disable Windows Update (using home edition) which is not good. I'm skipping this build entirely and possibly will do a fresh install of the next one, hoping it's not so overridden with bugs. Microsoft could have melted my CPU and I doubt that I could have sued them about it. They're not living up to the responsibility they assumed when they decided to take from the user the ability to control OS updates.

Edited by godescalcus

May I ask a question... From what I've read, Smash beats Bash in that it can be configured to resolve conflicts on a sub-record level. Besides that, it's also merging levelled lists and doesn't completely merge mods into the smashed patch. So, we're running Wrye Bash only to point out a few extra mods to merge, a workaround to merge those mods, another workaround to add some tweaks and Smash to merge levelled lists and perform its CR "voodoo" (which we've mostly been dealing with manually, either through our own efforts or, mostly, through Lexy's - so, extra question, are we abandoning the CR method?). All of that instead of simply running Wrye Bash. I'm truly sorry, I know you'll all hate me for the scepticism, but I fail to see the benefits of all this. If Mator's Smash did replace Wrye Bash in a similarly straightforward way, I guess it'd be worth a try. I think that, for one, Wrye Bash has its limitations in that when merging mods it uses the simple "last record wins" and doesn't do sub-record sorting, but that's exactly what Merge Plugins Standalone also does, so we're simply not avoiding that when using this procedure. Merging those mods prior to using Smash will help it from doing any sub-record conflict-resolving between those mods. If someone could positively show me the benefits of all this complication, I'd like to learn. And I apologise, again, to Lexy and all who've been testing Smash so far if I'm asking too many questions only due to my ignorance.

I updated some mods and re-genereted DymDOLOD (normal trees). There are now two big LOD trees standing at the Museum entrance (left side facing the door before you go up the stairs). Disabling DynDOLOD makes them go away and the place where they appeared is clear now.

Anyone having an idea how can I get rid of them?